Stories need more checkpoints

Shaaba.5672

I have a bad internet connection right now (possibly added to server issues) and I've discovered many stories where I've done a bunch, got a DC and then had to start all over. In only one of those stories, I've discovered a checkpoint, but it was near the end and there wasn't much left to do. I am seriously asking for more checkpoints because it gets disheartening after a while when you've put in a lot of work, killed a lot of mobs and listened to a lot of banter from your team. While I appreciate that there are checkpoints at all, I am asking for a few more. I don't mind having a long story step, but for the love of all that's holy, please throw us a bone so I don't get sick of the story even before I've finished it once.

Sure, I'm not the norm, but I'm sure I'm not alone, either.

@LucianDK.8615 said:It should be better now that they seem to have ironed out the server issues.

Not really the point. There are so many reasons why they should add in checkpoints. The missions are long. Maybe you had an emergency, maybe your internet kicked the bucket, maybe you got to the end and couldn't kill the boss and you're frustrated and want to come back but don't want to take another hour to go through the story?

If they're going to make these really long story missions, I feel they really need a checkpoint system.

@Disig.7169 said:

Not really the point. There are so many reasons why they should add in checkpoints.Exactly this. When I was DCd a few times I'd hoped that I'd reach a checkpoint because there were natural breaks in the action that seemed like a good place to put them. I was mostly wrong. I understand that you can't checkpoint after every step, but there were many times when there was a wave of action followed by talky stuff, then action, then talky, etc. Almost never was there a checkpoint before/after some of the talky stuff. Like I said, I found one, but it was near the end and there were a couple of times before that I thought there could have been a check.

God yes. Checkpoints that you can go back to if you get kicked or have to restart because of something stuck. There are way too many separate sections in places in Season 3, and way too many opportunities to feel rightly and justly irritated at their design to NOT have checkpoints. Each separate section is to be a checkpoint, safe and sound. Or like I mentioned in a post on the old forums, a way to bypass the combat sections at least if you've tried and failed three times at them. Something. Anything more than one whole run without a save anywhere. Maybe make those radical/odd instances with a ton of enemies solo content. Cause that's actually a problem too in Season 3. The minister's house is filled with enemies, and separate sections. You might as well be naked at the end. Bad designs.

Archived