Can we have metal that looks more like metal?

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the community would like metal that reflects in light, very few metals shine or reflect in this game, especially when it comes to armor and weapons. I have no reason to believe this graphics engine can't handle it, so it makes my kinda wonder why its not more visible.

7559fLegendary_All.jpgJuggernaut_armor_effect.jpg

It exists but tends toward legendary or unique armor or effects as seen in the first picture. Certain dyes can also give this effect like illumination. Juggernaut will also give a very metallic effect on armor as seen in the second image.

Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Armor & https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Juggernaut

Hope this helped.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tremidine.6871 said:I think I speak for a lot of people

You sure? ;)

very few metals shine or reflect in this game

And I thank the Five for that! This game already has enough blinding skins (Chaos weapons, for instance) and effects that cause headaches, we don't need more of those. :s

The game definitely has too many walking light bulbs already ...

That aside not all metal is super shiny. That requires a hefty amount of polishing and if it something that gets used then it requires a lot of maintenance.

The only thing that annoys me if you create some fashion wars builds and when you start dying it you notice the difference in texture. Armor sets like the Phalanx one make dyes applied to it look very dull, kind of low res. I can't go ingame right now for screenshots but if you have bought that heavy armor set you might know what I'm talking about. That causes a discoloration compared to the rest of the set and simply looks weird. If anything they should make sure that all dyes look at least very similar on the same armor class.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Just buy appropriate dyes, try Enameled, and Glint dyes.

True, that's an option. But it's still annoying if you don't have a fitting color just because your boots decided to be darker at some spots. Like it's not even consistent on the same item. Drives me up the wall

I believe that's a Shader/texturing issue, that's why I use Outfits as opposed to mixing armor sets.

While it helps with some armor sets, the TP costs are not viable for all users and it isn't practical to wait for your toon's birthday for one dye. The one that looks most metallic to me is the radiant set, but lord knows I won't get the achievements for the full set any time soon.

@Zeivu.3615 said:

While it helps with some armor sets, the TP costs are not viable for all users and it isn't practical to wait for your toon's birthday for one dye. The one that looks most metallic to me is the radiant set, but lord knows I won't get the achievements for the full set any time soon.

True not everyone has been playing for 5 years with multiple alts and multiple birthday dyes.

@"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:7559fLegendary_All.jpgJuggernaut_armor_effect.jpg

It exists but tends toward legendary or unique armor or effects as seen in the first picture. Certain dyes can also give this effect like illumination. Juggernaut will also give a very metallic effect on armor as seen in the second image.

Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Armor & https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Juggernaut

Hope this helped.

Gee I sure wanna go through getting a legendary set just so my metal can look like it should

@Tremidine.6871 said:I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the community would like metal that reflects in light, very few metals shine or reflect in this game, especially when it comes to armor and weapons. I have no reason to believe this graphics engine can't handle it, so it makes my kinda wonder why its not more visible.

See, I have polished and unpolished metal in my home and I can say, polished shines but unpolished doesn't. Why would you polish the metal just for effect? It's too bright with all the people using permafrost anyway. I would like to see however maybe when armour is damaged it looked damaged instead of not noticing it until it breaks.

Archived