[vT]Hobo: Power Revenant WvW Roaming (Videos)

Helly.2597

Figured that since I've been playing rev more and putting out videos on the class I would dump them as they come out here.

Any comments/questions/rants/feedback is always welcomed.

Thanks.

(sorry about the video quality at the end, files got corrupted)

@Nivik.2961 said:Love your videos man. I’ve invested so much into power Shiro and seeing your vids gives me some hope for the viability of the class. Music is super dope too ; )

Thanks I appreciate it. Honestly rev feels in a better place in roaming than it has been for a while. Depends on the matchup but your ability to burst and snowball fights is valuable for any outnumbered. Plus you have the mobility to pressure backliners that pick apart most roaming classes.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Was interested, saw Herald. Bored. Stopped watching. Herald is rather VERY easy compared to pretty much any other Revenant spec.

Thanks for the comment. I disagree that herald is easier in an actual fight setting since you still have to manage your abilities and energy well to be effective. Core has value same with renegade but due to their limitations you end up relying on opponent mistakes more than your own abilities. Imo just playing a weaker spec doesn't result in better content. In fact it usually makes the content worse since any experienced player can notice that the quality of fights presented suffers.

@Helly.2597 said:Thanks for the comment. I disagree that herald is easier in an actual fight setting since you still have to manage your abilities and energy well to be effective. Core has value same with renegade but due to their limitations you end up relying on opponent mistakes more than your own abilities. Imo just playing a weaker spec doesn't result in better content. In fact it usually makes the content worse since any experienced player can notice that the quality of fights presented suffers.

It has WAY more access to boons, defense, damage, regen, fury and everything else. It is easier than base Revenant. Swiftness alone is VERY helpful to a rather slow Revenant class. Herald > Base > Renegade. I'd say Renegade is at the bottom as its Legend is near useless when roaming, its weapon isnt that strong even after all of its buffs. I agree it doesnt make for better content, however playing a rather easy class doesnt make for good content either.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Helly.2597 said:Thanks for the comment. I disagree that herald is easier in an actual fight setting since you still have to manage your abilities and energy well to be effective. Core has value same with renegade but due to their limitations you end up relying on opponent mistakes more than your own abilities. Imo just playing a weaker spec doesn't result in better content. In fact it usually makes the content worse since any experienced player can notice that the quality of fights presented suffers.

It has WAY more access to boons, defense, damage, regen, fury and everything else. It is easier than base Revenant. Swiftness alone is VERY helpful to a rather slow Revenant class. Herald > Base > Renegade. I'd say Renegade is at the bottom as its Legend is near useless when roaming, its weapon isnt that strong even after all of its buffs. I agree it doesnt make for better content, however playing a rather easy class doesnt make for good content either.

Core can take stab while using shiro as it's main mobility or can take mallyx and go grieving for hybrid dmg. Renegade is just a lesser version of core for power since you end up running the same weapons as core and legends are the same.

If you think herald while roaming is easy compared to what the majority of roamers play and what you end up fighting a lot of I really don't know what to say. Playing herald even with a support against all condi groups isn't what I would describe as easy. But I appreciate the comments and if you don't like watching herald videos that's your own decision.

What do you expect him to do, roam on base rev and get focused out in a second? Roam on renegade and struggle with the inherent awkwardness of the class? Herald is a difficult build to master in and of its own- it is not easier than base revenant. It's just better. Don't confuse the two.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:What do you expect him to do, roam on base rev and get focused out in a second? Roam on renegade and struggle with the inherent awkwardness of the class? Herald is a difficult build to master in and of its own- it is not easier than base revenant. It's just better. Don't confuse the two.

Not at all, just sharing my opinion that Herald is VERY boring to watch and play as. . That was my point. Its just kinda boring to watch. Its not that difficult to play as.

The videos are amazing.

Don't take Armageddon too serious: for some absurd reason (or just trolling) he wants Herald (which isn't strong, to be fair) to be as bad as the Renegade in PvP and WvW roaming (which is impossible). Herald "can be boring", but Renegade in anything related to competitive player vs player is as predictable as any character portrayed by Sean Bean: ends in tragedy.

@"Buran.3796" said:The videos are amazing.

Don't take Armageddon too serious: for some absurd reason (or just trolling) he wants Herald (which isn't strong, to be fair) to be as bad as the Renegade in PvP and WvW roaming (which is impossible). Herald "can be boring", but Renegade in anything related to competitive player vs player is as predictable as any character portrayed by Sean Bean: ends in tragedy.

Too be fair, I would rather BASE revenant be upped than Herald to be reduced. Not quite sure what could be done to make Renegade anything but useless. The Legend itself just doesnt work for roaming in my opinion. It COULD work playing Renegade IF you dont actually use the Legend but that is kind of a shame. The weapon is meh. Some decent skills. Just not very well designed and really feels like a Raid designed weapon. Hitting something not moving = Easy. Hitting something that is moving. Not so much :/

@Justine.6351 said:Lol just watched armageddonash's weaver vid. I crunch players of that skill level 2 to 3 at a time regardless of class or build they are playing.

You mean the video that was from like 4 months after release of the expansion? Where i had barely played for like 4-6months beforehand either? I personally dont just a player skill level on a single old video. You can really only beat whats in front of you and Roaming has REALLY died off. Not sure what its like on NA side, but EU its gotten SO boring and stale. The reason why there is only 1 video is because i just got THAT bored. Was hoping this recent update would bring me back, it hasn't. I just mess around in PvP at the moment. Trying to find a build that i will enjoy. See, i play to have fun. Strange i know but some people do it for fun.

Isnt one of your videos of you beating a zergling that wondered away from his zerg as a Herald? I personally prefer actually finding players that roam to fight rather than those that are slow to getting back or to their blob. Beating zerglings isnt exactly hard as most of them just run full zerk and die when looked at lol

@"Buran.3796" said:The videos are amazing.

Too be fair, I would rather BASE revenant be upped than Herald to be reduced. Not quite sure what could be done to make Renegade anything but useless. The Legend itself just doesnt work for roaming in my opinion. It COULD work playing Renegade IF you dont actually use the Legend but that is kind of a shame. The weapon is meh. Some decent skills. Just not very well designed and really feels like a Raid designed weapon. Hitting something not moving = Easy. Hitting something that is moving. Not so much :/

@Justine.6351 said:Lol just watched armageddonash's weaver vid. I crunch players of that skill level 2 to 3 at a time regardless of class or build they are playing.

You mean the video that was from like 4 months after release of the expansion? Where i had barely played for like 4-6months beforehand either? I personally dont just a player skill level on a single old video. You can really only beat whats in front of you and Roaming has REALLY died off. Not sure what its like on NA side, but EU its gotten SO boring and stale. The reason why there is only 1 video is because i just got THAT bored. Was hoping this recent update would bring me back, it hasn't. I just mess around in PvP at the moment. Trying to find a build that i will enjoy. See, i play to have fun. Strange i know but some people do it for fun.

Isnt one of your videos of you beating a zergling that wondered away from his zerg as a Herald? I personally prefer actually finding players that roam to fight rather than those that are slow to getting back or to their blob. Beating zerglings isnt exactly hard as most of them just run full zerk and die when looked at lol

Um no?

• 2 weeks later...

@Nivik.2961 said:@Helly.2597 Dude I love these videos! LolKeep em comin man.Hey are you using brutality or swift termination?

Thanks I appreciate it.

Ive been using brutality since it helps interrupt those pesky FB rezzes and also lets you interrupt full counter with a staff 5. Either one works well though. Can't really go wrong. I've got the full build in the description as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived