PoF is Ah-maz-ing!

Samnang.1879

With a capital A. It is beyond my expectations! I feel like I'm playing a new game, the maps are so brilliantly detailed and brings that magical feeling of fantasy RPG. The story is so engaging, I've lost interests in video games stories few years ago, but the story in PoF definitely engaged me and I actually care about the stories now. There are funny dialogues from random NPC's in open world (I like the asura that randomly goes off topic).

The mounts are so innovative, they're not just for transportation, but also plays a role in how you can access areas and continue your story quests.

Story 10/10Maps 10/10Innovations 10/10

I can't wait to see what's in stall for the future :D

I also love it so far. After the HoT expansion that was disaster to me, and made me quit the game, this one feels on spot. I love the exploration of new maps, mounts are unique compared to other MMOs, tons of hidden staff on the maps, the vast landscape that calls to me "EXPLORE ME BRUH!", also the story is a very nice step up (but i am not a lore expert on GW so i persumably dont see plot holes and weak spots). For me its a solid 9/10, because we have to point out the technical issues, sadly :).

just need few fixes to be perfect.

-the repeatable hearts quests is annoying when u doing map exploration, they hidden unexplored POI's and sometimes even events.-the aggro range of Mobs is too much bigger, is hardly disengage when exploring if u fall of your mount. sometimes i wast like 5 mins killing amounts of mobs to just get out of combat.-its unclear how to get new armors. ANET should learn advertis their content. the only source of new armors is Dulfy.

@Makai.3429 said:I haven't enjoyed this game so much since Labyrinthe Cliffs. In my opinion, PoF has redeemed HoT, and has reignited my dwindling joy for it.

Oh man, Festival of the 4 Winds flashback; defo one of my fav locations I've witnessed in this game!

Really loving it so far aswell. Liking the new elite specs, mount look awesome (tho you can say that about the entire expansion, the new areas...WOW), etc. The only thing I fear: what to do when you finished all the zones and the story? There are bounties of course, and you can go for archievements, but no big meta event, or anything. Then again, I prefer this over HoT...where you couldn't even finish a map, without doing the meta.

So far I am impressed with the limited time I have spent there. I am really looking forward to spending more of the same and am looking (raher listening) for new music and hanging out at various places to hear new conversations. One Of the things I liked most about the original release was some of the humor displayed when overhearing the NPC's talking. I hope the Crystal desert is not all doom and gloom :)

Archived