Minstrel or Celestial for support tempest ?

Haziq.3907

I know support firebrand is meta but I feel like trying out a support tempest now. The constant application of auras looks really cool. Metabattle suggests minstrel but I feel like it loses out on a lot of support damage. Is it worth it to sacrifice healing output for more damage or do support tempests spend too little time dealing damage since they have to juggle between the attunements to keep the auras up. Any advice ?

@Haziq.3907 said:I know support firebrand is meta but I feel like trying out a support tempest now. The constant application of auras looks really cool. Metabattle suggests minstrel but I feel like it loses out on a lot of support damage. Is it worth it to sacrifice healing output for more damage or do support tempests spend too little time dealing damage since they have to juggle between the attunements to keep the auras up. Any advice ?

I would recommend celestial gear. It's the best middle ground gear stat where you don't lose too much healing whilst also not losing too much damage.

With Minstrel you rely completely on your team to kill stuff for you. You are the embodiment of a wet noodle. With Celestial you can easily roam a camp or have a fighting chance against enemies if caught alone. To compensate you have to stick to earth and water more in team fights to get more healing out.

I real question is : Is the Boon Duration you get from minstrel worth it or is boon dur. from you sigil/rune/ food enough?My Guardion can give 18 seconds of regen on one skill but with all the boon hate , it would be a miracle it it stays on for the full duration.

If you dont need like 70+ Boon Duration and 15 - 20 % are enough then go cele + other healpower major stats.

Tempest damage is joke anyways, so cele doesnt have much use. I used to play it with cele armor and rest minstrels, but it's pointless.

Boon duration is not useless. If you give long regens to backline it helps a lot and their boons rarely get stripped. I wouldn't use concentration sigil though since you share only 2-3 boons.

@steki.1478 said:Tempest damage is joke anyways, so cele doesnt have much use. I used to play it with cele armor and rest minstrels, but it's pointless.

Boon duration is not useless. If you give long regens to backline it helps a lot and their boons rarely get stripped. I wouldn't use concentration sigil though since you share only 2-3 boons.

And since damage is a joke even with celestial, minstrels keeps you alive the longest AND keeps your boons up the longest. Magi's gives you higher healing but you die faster.

Z

Mistrel is definetely preferable! celestial has some wasted stats, and most of the time there is either too much spike damage, or ppl don't use dodges at the right time, so the burst heal from minstrel tempest is amazing to sustain it a little more! i've played ele for 5 years and have seen the meta shift from staff dps to heal temp, to weaver staff dps back to heal temp and i must say, going balls deep with the commander using d/wh is the best feeling ever! :smile:

the boon duration is definetely enough, since wvw is all about boonstrip /corrupt. the output of healing + boons from aura's constantly can fight that battle!

Keep in mind that healtemp (d/f or d/wh), in this scourge era, is much harder to play well. Staff healtemp may be a bit easier (you can heal from the back), but you lose auras. Firebrand is better than healtemp, sadly, in pretty much every aspect, as its utilities coupled with more stability and more boonspam makes em more viable.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Keep in mind that healtemp (d/f or d/wh), in this scourge era, is much harder to play well. Staff healtemp may be a bit easier (you can heal from the back), but you lose auras. Firebrand is better than healtemp, sadly, in pretty much every aspect, as its utilities coupled with more stability and more boonspam makes em more viable.And if you dont like firebrand but still want a healer... just go scourge healer instead. Its by far the most braindead spec in existance, anyone can run it good or bad and just spam every button. Not only do you have a modest amount of condi damage, all that AoE quickly adds up. You wont actually heal as much as the ele or firebrand, but you'll dump a metric kittenton of barriers on people constantly.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Keep in mind that healtemp (d/f or d/wh), in this scourge era, is much harder to play well. Staff healtemp may be a bit easier (you can heal from the back), but you lose auras. Firebrand is better than healtemp, sadly, in pretty much every aspect, as its utilities coupled with more stability and more boonspam makes em more viable.And if you dont like firebrand but still want a healer... just go scourge healer instead. Its by far the most braindead spec in existance, anyone can run it good or bad and just spam every button. Not only do you have a modest amount of condi damage, all that AoE quickly adds up. You wont actually
heal
as much as the ele or firebrand, but you'll dump a metric kittenton of barriers on people constantly.

Heal scourge actually requires some brain, because transfuse can clump up your own downed allies and enemies can kill em faster. Also, you dont really NEED much heal power, cause it scales up pretty badly with barrier. Or outgoing healing. You can pretty easily play a condi/heal (emphasis on condi dmg with 600 healpower, which is very easy to do) hybrid, which will do big burst of condi dmg+boon hate, with pretty good support (scourge traits 1-1-1). Scourge doesnt even need to commit to healpower, thats how broken this class is in that aspect, as well.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Keep in mind that healtemp (d/f or d/wh), in this scourge era, is much harder to play well. Staff healtemp may be a bit easier (you can heal from the back), but you lose auras. Firebrand is better than healtemp, sadly, in pretty much every aspect, as its utilities coupled with more stability and more boonspam makes em more viable.And if you dont like firebrand but still want a healer... just go scourge healer instead. Its by far the most braindead spec in existance, anyone can run it good or bad and just spam every button. Not only do you have a modest amount of condi damage, all that AoE quickly adds up. You wont actually
heal
as much as the ele or firebrand, but you'll dump a metric kittenton of barriers on people constantly.

Heal scourge actually requires some brain, because transfuse can clump up your own downed allies and enemies can kill em faster. Also, you dont really NEED much heal power, cause it scales up pretty badly with barrier. Or outgoing healing. You can pretty easily play a condi/heal (emphasis on condi dmg with 600 healpower, which is very easy to do) hybrid, which will do big burst of condi dmg+boon hate, with pretty good support (scourge traits 1-1-1). Scourge doesnt even need to commit to healpower, thats how broken this class is in that aspect, as well.

I play Spellbreaker. I really love those transfusion stacked up downs. Wish there was a unreal tournament sound addon when I hundred blades those piles of goodness.

@FASTCAR.7831 said:Cele for support? This post a joke?

Cele used to be the Go-To for hybrid and support, before the damage scaling shot up faster then BTC. It only lost value in this meta, because the 2 extremes (condi damage and heal) are directly countering each other in most fights. If either buckles, the other just overwhelms completely.

Front line used to run Cele precisely because the combination of sustain and middling damage made you enough of a threat to split attention between FL CC and back line damage. Now its just pure damage..... and the only counter to that is overhealing.

Archived