Suggestion: Beards

I've been thinking about this one particular thing since a long time because it bugs me out so much sometimes:Why can't we seperate the beard hair color from the normal hair color?I mean, it looks quite bad if you want to give your character "colored" hair like blue or green and then the beard has the same color as the hair. It would be more realistic and more aesthetic if you could seperate the colors from both. Or would you dye your beard too if you dye your hair in real life?Also, I'd like the idea of maybe new beard models and the option to give asura characters beards too.

@"Cynder.2509" said:I've been thinking about this one particular thing since a long time because it bugs me out so much sometimes:Why can't we seperate the beard hair color from the normal hair color?I mean, it looks quite bad if you want to give your character "colored" hair like blue or green and then the beard has the same color as the hair. It would be more realistic and more aesthetic if you could seperate the colors from both. Or would you dye your beard too if you dye your hair in real life?Also, I'd like the idea of maybe new beard models and the option to give asura characters beards too.

The simple answer is: because the engine was not designed with that in mind, so there is no separate dye channel for hair and beard.

Adding one is, of course, possible, but it requires significant amounts of background work: everywhere that touches a character needs an update, including the network layer, client, storage systems, etc. Lots of places to introduce bugs, and limited end-user benefit.

(I mean, no question it'd be cool, but better than new story content? Certainly not in my eyes.)

Archived