New Daredevil - Using Bound Open World

ZeroSkitzo.5403

Hi all - I just unlocked Daredevil and am enjoying the spec. However, I am unsure of how to capitalize on landing the Bound damage since we use it to evade and also for the trait damage. Usually, since mobs are in melee range, no matter where I bound, I most likely land too far away. Is this just how it works or is there a way to get the land damage as well?Thanks in advance!

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Hi all - I just unlocked Daredevil and am enjoying the spec. However, I am unsure of how to capitalize on landing the Bound damage since we use it to evade and also for the trait damage. Usually, since mobs are in melee range, no matter where I bound, I most likely land too far away. Is this just how it works or is there a way to get the land damage as well?Thanks in advance!

I think what is happening for you is that when you stand still and press the evade; it will automatically make you jump back. To have bound to land on someone is ether press evade one time and press moving forward with evade then the 2nd one will land on it, OR you press evade and while fall down press steal, OR move back and evade forwards, OR run around and when you have space in front of you then evade on them. I hope that makes sense. Evade(bound) is not a slam directly at your position but two space either behind or if pressing forward then two space in front.

@Xenji.4907 said:

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Hi all - I just unlocked Daredevil and am enjoying the spec. However, I am unsure of how to capitalize on landing the Bound damage since we use it to evade and also for the trait damage. Usually, since mobs are in melee range, no matter where I bound, I most likely land too far away. Is this just how it works or is there a way to get the land damage as well?Thanks in advance!

I think what is happening for you is that when you stand still and press the evade; it will automatically make you jump back. To have bound to land on someone is ether press evade one time and press moving forward with evade then the 2nd one will land on it, OR you press evade and while fall down press steal, OR move back and evade forwards, OR run around and when you have space in front of you then evade on them. I hope that makes sense. Evade(bound) is not a slam directly at your position but two space either behind or if pressing forward then two space in front.

That makes sense - was just hoping there was a more lazy way to do it haha :)

Also learning to use Staff 3 to gain distance before Bounding back to the target - tho really, most things in Open World won't last that long. Staff 1, 2 and a mix of 5 and Bound makes for a dynamic aoe murder machine. Throw in 4 for damage mitigation as required.

@Scud.5067 said:Also learning to use Staff 3 to gain distance before Bounding back to the target - tho really, most things in Open World won't last that long. Staff 1, 2 and a mix of 5 and Bound makes for a dynamic aoe murder machine. Throw in 4 for damage mitigation as required.

Yep - since 1, 2, 5 do so much I’ve been trying out dash and impaling lotus so I don’t waste time trying to reposition to land a bound. I’ve actually grown fond of lotus with the crippling effect.

Most important thing about bound isnt damage, but the damage buff after Dodge. You want to keep ur endurance not full and bound 10% damage buff permanently on you.Dont worry about hitting with bound, you Will learn it sooner or later

Dodge and Steal combo makes you bound to ur target too.

Archived