ArenaNet Forum Chat: May 2018 -- The Original Guild Wars — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArenaNet Forum Chat: May 2018 -- The Original Guild Wars

Hello,

We invite you to join several of our devs for the May 2018 ArenaNet Forum Chat (AFC). In order to try to address more questions and comments from forum members while allowing dev team members time to research their answers and respond as their schedules allow, we will be accepting questions for three days. Then, the devs will answer as they can any time within a three-week period. We believe this will be a more satisfying and sustainable process for both members and devs.

Here are the details:

• Topic: The Original Guild Wars: A Retrospective
  • This subforum opens for member posts: Wednesday morning (Pacific Time), May 23, 2018
  • This subforum closes for member posts: Friday afternoon (Pacific Time), May 25, 2018
  • Devs will be posting: Through approximately June 15, 2018

Join us to ask questions, ponder mysteries, share your stories and impressions, and generally engage with team members directly involved in our amazing, incredible, beloved, and still vibrant original game, Guild Wars. Have you always wondered about a specific event? Pondered the origins of a storyline or wondered how it ties to Guild Wars 2? Felt curiosity about the origins of a certain creature's look or animation? We'll be talking with folks who were involved in Guild Wars design, programming, art, storytelling, and other elements of development. (I'll post a guest list when we launch.)

Please join us, and I hope you'll share your feedback on this new process after the AFC ends as well. This is an iterative process and we're always looking for ways to improve!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:

Comments

• Are we allowed to ask some technical info and report in game issues?

• Devildoc.6721Devildoc.6721 Member ✭✭✭

Okay.. so.. my question... why are the "Krait" in GW2 so different from the Krait in GW1? When and why did they lose their metamorphosis ability (allowing them to change class on the spot from warriors into spellcasters). GW2 Krait look much more like Nagas from the Cantha regions of GW1, is this a case of mistaken identity and the true Krait of the Tarnished Coast were wiped out/went the way of the Ceratodons and Tyrannusi and Simians, and replaced with Naga fleeing Cantha and Tyrians just mistook them for Krait?

• Ghin.1653Ghin.1653 Member ✭✭

What was the original story for the unreleased Utopia expansion & are there any additional assets or info that never made it out publicly?
    What was the design concept for the Summoner? Was it just another minion master or something more?
    Why the decision at basically the last minute to add in the pre-searing? Do you have any fond memories during its design?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ghin.1653 said:
    What was the original story for the unreleased Utopia expansion & are there any additional assets or info that never made it out publicly?
    What was the design concept for the Summoner? Was it just another minion master or something more?
    Why the decision at basically the last minute to add in the pre-searing? Do you have any fond memories during its design?

If you peruse the AFC subforum, I "think" all of these have been answered at some point

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.