I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals. - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals.

2

Comments

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @Eme.2018 said:
    @Martimus.6027

    I am sorry man, but I really don't understand why you posted this in the first place. You are, yourself, the initial source of your disappointment; you were expecting (and not hoping for) something that you had no reason to expect whatsoever and now you are upset and posting on the forums about this. WHAT?!? Do you believe that A-Net lives in your mind? Is this post a demand that A-Net should start doing so? It is not like they will rework the druid elite spec to make it DPS instead of healing, it has been out for 3 years now.

    You do not know my emotional state.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    This is a pretty pointless thread honestly.> @Lunateric.3708 said:

    To sum it up: OP's preconception of Druid doesn't fit in the mold of what the developers did with it in this game. At this point I think it's more of a fluff post than a discussion since current implementation isn't going anywhere.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    druids are traditionally a support class too.

  • Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Druids have always been more support and utility focused in RPGs, just because you can name some games that have offensive oriented Druids doesn’t mean that the class as a whole isn’t support or utility focused. Hell, in Diablo the Druid themself doesn’t even have too much offense in the magical department most of its offense is summoning and shapeshifting which in the GW universe means Soulbeast, same with WoW.

    The only part about Druid in GW2 Anet in my opinion dropped the ball on was by going full on into the astral aspect, where in my opinion they should’ve gone with a duality thing and kept the astral celestial bodies thin in Avatar state, and then made the normal form glyphs and staff skills almost entirely plant/elemental magic based.

    If you want a master of using the elements for death and destruction you can play elementalist and just dress them as s Druid and call yourself a Druid, might I recommend the Tribal armor set?

    Or, you could always wait for rangers to get another magical elite spec that uses a scepter and a bunch of offensive magic, which judging by the group we have found in the latest Living World Episode makes me think it’s very likely to happen.

    "But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

  • @Lunateric.3708 said:
    Druid is fine as it is, if you wish to do damage you go Soulbeast.

    GRRRRR....i wish. oh how I wish I could. the PoF HPs hate me. I die, die, die....ouch...I have Scarlett Briar 's voice in my head now.

    Lisa.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

    @Durzlla.6295 said:
    Druids have always been more support and utility focused in RPGs, just because you can name some games that have offensive oriented Druids doesn’t mean that the class as a whole isn’t support or utility focused. Hell, in Diablo the Druid themself doesn’t even have too much offense in the magical department most of its offense is summoning and shapeshifting which in the GW universe means Soulbeast, same with WoW.

    The only part about Druid in GW2 Anet in my opinion dropped the ball on was by going full on into the astral aspect, where in my opinion they should’ve gone with a duality thing and kept the astral celestial bodies thin in Avatar state, and then made the normal form glyphs and staff skills almost entirely plant/elemental magic based.

    If you want a master of using the elements for death and destruction you can play elementalist and just dress them as s Druid and call yourself a Druid, might I recommend the Tribal armor set?

    Or, you could always wait for rangers to get another magical elite spec that uses a scepter and a bunch of offensive magic, which judging by the group we have found in the latest Living World Episode makes me think it’s very likely to happen.

    You are absolutely wrong.

    I've played as a Druid ever since the class was first introduced in DND over 30 years ago, back when it started out that you had to be a Bard first and progress to being a Druid, and even still then, it wasn't a "support" class.

    "Just because you can name SOME games that have offensive oriented Druids" - What?? The overwhelming majority of the games that even have Druid class in it are offensive oriented! Here I'll illustrate how silly that statement is: " Just because you named the vast majority of games with Druids in it and they are overwhelmingly offensive ranged damage dealers doesn't mean they aren't support somehow." confused stare

    The Druid in D2 has TWO skill trees that are both offensive. Elemental and Shapeshifting. Summoning tree only has a couple supportive abilities - the spirits. And only one of the abilities heals - the corpse vine. Support indeed....

    I'll turn the tables on you: "Just because you think a druid should only be seen as support doesn't make it so."

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Durzlla.6295 said:
    Druids have always been more support and utility focused in RPGs, just because you can name some games that have offensive oriented Druids doesn’t mean that the class as a whole isn’t support or utility focused. Hell, in Diablo the Druid themself doesn’t even have too much offense in the magical department most of its offense is summoning and shapeshifting which in the GW universe means Soulbeast, same with WoW.

    The only part about Druid in GW2 Anet in my opinion dropped the ball on was by going full on into the astral aspect, where in my opinion they should’ve gone with a duality thing and kept the astral celestial bodies thin in Avatar state, and then made the normal form glyphs and staff skills almost entirely plant/elemental magic based.

    If you want a master of using the elements for death and destruction you can play elementalist and just dress them as s Druid and call yourself a Druid, might I recommend the Tribal armor set?

    Or, you could always wait for rangers to get another magical elite spec that uses a scepter and a bunch of offensive magic, which judging by the group we have found in the latest Living World Episode makes me think it’s very likely to happen.

    You are absolutely wrong.

    I've played as a Druid ever since the class was first introduced in DND over 30 years ago, back when it started out that you had to be a Bard first and progress to being a Druid, and even still then, it wasn't a "support" class.

    "Just because you can name SOME games that have offensive oriented Druids" - What?? The overwhelming majority of the games that even have Druid class in it are offensive oriented! Here I'll illustrate how silly that statement is: " Just because you named the vast majority of games with Druids in it and they are overwhelmingly offensive ranged damage dealers doesn't mean they aren't support somehow." confused stare

    The Druid in D2 has TWO skill trees that are both offensive. Elemental and Shapeshifting. Summoning tree only has a couple supportive abilities - the spirits. And only one of the abilities heals - the corpse vine. Support indeed....

    I'll turn the tables on you: "Just because you think a druid should only be seen as support doesn't make it so."

    Clearly you didn’t play the first DnD then, because you had to have levels in Druid to become a bard... not the other way around, and as is the case now Druids had a vast majority of their spells for utility and support and a handful of offensive spells.

    And if you looked at what I said about D2 I said offense in the MAGICAL department, their primary offenses were shapeshifting and summoning, and the summoning provided some health and damage buffs for you, allies, and all your summons too. It’s also a game about murdering everything you encounter, so if a class in that game wasn’t offensive, it’d be... very weird...

    I’m not saying Druids do not have the capability to be offensive oriented, or that they can’t be, in saying that they’re NORMALLY a utility/support caster. I mean hell you can be a damage Druid in GW2, you just won’t deal as much damage as a true damage dealer because you have an entire traitline focused on support.

    I’d suggest you just wait for ranger to get another elite spec that’s a true offensive caster (it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of time) or you do as I recommended and just roll an elementalist and pretend you’re a Druid.

    Also, after a quick look at EQ 1 and 2s website they’re sold as healers who buff, and also have a few offensive spells, not as a DPS as you implied earlier.

    "But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @Durzlla.6295 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Durzlla.6295 said:
    Druids have always been more support and utility focused in RPGs, just because you can name some games that have offensive oriented Druids doesn’t mean that the class as a whole isn’t support or utility focused. Hell, in Diablo the Druid themself doesn’t even have too much offense in the magical department most of its offense is summoning and shapeshifting which in the GW universe means Soulbeast, same with WoW.

    The only part about Druid in GW2 Anet in my opinion dropped the ball on was by going full on into the astral aspect, where in my opinion they should’ve gone with a duality thing and kept the astral celestial bodies thin in Avatar state, and then made the normal form glyphs and staff skills almost entirely plant/elemental magic based.

    If you want a master of using the elements for death and destruction you can play elementalist and just dress them as s Druid and call yourself a Druid, might I recommend the Tribal armor set?

    Or, you could always wait for rangers to get another magical elite spec that uses a scepter and a bunch of offensive magic, which judging by the group we have found in the latest Living World Episode makes me think it’s very likely to happen.

    You are absolutely wrong.

    I've played as a Druid ever since the class was first introduced in DND over 30 years ago, back when it started out that you had to be a Bard first and progress to being a Druid, and even still then, it wasn't a "support" class.

    "Just because you can name SOME games that have offensive oriented Druids" - What?? The overwhelming majority of the games that even have Druid class in it are offensive oriented! Here I'll illustrate how silly that statement is: " Just because you named the vast majority of games with Druids in it and they are overwhelmingly offensive ranged damage dealers doesn't mean they aren't support somehow." confused stare

    The Druid in D2 has TWO skill trees that are both offensive. Elemental and Shapeshifting. Summoning tree only has a couple supportive abilities - the spirits. And only one of the abilities heals - the corpse vine. Support indeed....

    I'll turn the tables on you: "Just because you think a druid should only be seen as support doesn't make it so."

    Clearly you didn’t play the first DnD then, because you had to have levels in Druid to become a bard... not the other way around, and as is the case now Druids had a vast majority of their spells for utility and support and a handful of offensive spells.

    And if you looked at what I said about D2 I said offense in the MAGICAL department, their primary offenses were shapeshifting and summoning, and the summoning provided some health and damage buffs for you, allies, and all your summons too. It’s also a game about murdering everything you encounter, so if a class in that game wasn’t offensive, it’d be... very weird...

    I’m not saying Druids do not have the capability to be offensive oriented, or that they can’t be, in saying that they’re NORMALLY a utility/support caster. I mean hell you can be a damage Druid in GW2, you just won’t deal as much damage as a true damage dealer because you have an entire traitline focused on support.

    I’d suggest you just wait for ranger to get another elite spec that’s a true offensive caster (it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of time) or you do as I recommended and just roll an elementalist and pretend you’re a Druid.

    Also, after a quick look at EQ 1 and 2s website they’re sold as healers who buff, and also have a few offensive spells, not as a DPS as you implied earlier.

    Me having a fuzzy memory doesn't diminish my point in any way. It was 30+ years ago. Having said that, Are you honestly telling me that shapeshifting a few times per day into an animal which may or may not be very offensively oriented is more "DPS" per se than summoning tornadoes, hurricanes, lightning bolts from the sky, and earthquakes?

    Ok. If you think that, there's no dialogue we can come to an agreement on. The repertoire of DND Druidic offensive spells >>>>>>>>>> their shapeshifting abilities.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    LOL.. if they made Druid DPS, it would just add to the already growing content that no one wants Rangers in.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • BadSanta.6527BadSanta.6527 Member ✭✭✭

    Well the problem is not that Druid should be power , ithink the problem with Druid it is design same as Soulbeast

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    Elementalist already fills the role of power nuker with nature magic I feel.

    Yes. That's precisely the point I made earlier in a post. Elementalist does "Druid" better than Druid does in GW2. It displeases me.

    Aside from Boomkins in WoW druids are almost never offensively oriented.

    Tell that to:

    • World of Warcraft
    • Titan Quest
    • Diablo II
    • EQ2
    • Grim Dawn
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate II
    • Ultima series
    • Magic: the Gathering...

    I could go on......but you get my point. Sorry, but you aren't correct on that statement.

    Cool. Go play a Druid in those games. Problem solved.

    I already have. If you don't like what I say in this forum, go comment in another post. Problem solved.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • @Martimus.6027 said:

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    Elementalist already fills the role of power nuker with nature magic I feel.

    Yes. That's precisely the point I made earlier in a post. Elementalist does "Druid" better than Druid does in GW2. It displeases me.

    Aside from Boomkins in WoW druids are almost never offensively oriented.

    Tell that to:

    • World of Warcraft
    • Titan Quest
    • Diablo II
    • EQ2
    • Grim Dawn
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate II
    • Ultima series
    • Magic: the Gathering...

    I could go on......but you get my point. Sorry, but you aren't correct on that statement.

    Cool. Go play a Druid in those games. Problem solved.

    I already have. If you don't like what I say in this forum, go comment in another post. Problem solved.

    Cool. Play them again... Problem solved.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

    I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    Elementalist already fills the role of power nuker with nature magic I feel.

    Yes. That's precisely the point I made earlier in a post. Elementalist does "Druid" better than Druid does in GW2. It displeases me.

    Aside from Boomkins in WoW druids are almost never offensively oriented.

    Tell that to:

    • World of Warcraft
    • Titan Quest
    • Diablo II
    • EQ2
    • Grim Dawn
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate II
    • Ultima series
    • Magic: the Gathering...

    I could go on......but you get my point. Sorry, but you aren't correct on that statement.

    Cool. Go play a Druid in those games. Problem solved.

    I already have. If you don't like what I say in this forum, go comment in another post. Problem solved.

    Cool. Play them again... Problem solved.

    Yes, try and silence a dissenting opinion. Good job.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

    I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

    I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

    I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

    I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

    This also sparked a discussion about what a Druid class is and what people expect from it.

    It's a forum. You know. Where discussions take place.

    But you coming here and stating things like "nobody agrees with you" simply because you don 't is false logic. I don't expect my 'dissenting opinion' to go anywhere. It's a forum where people politely exchange ideas. Are you a moderator who determines what can and cannot be posted on this forum?

    It's also both funny and ironic that you complain about a post not being productive while posting an unproductive comment adding to it. You both assume a moral and ethical high ground, while also wallowing around in the lowbrow gutter you condemn.

    Now are we done here? Or do you need the last word? I'll let you have it.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • @Martimus.6027 said:
    Part of what drew me to GW2 was its philosophy of abandoning the Heal-DPS-Tank trifecta., and then they turn around and add a heal class to the game.

    They never said they were abandoning the concept. In fact, they were clear: they were replacing the traditional trinity (Heal|DPS|Tank) with a new trinity (DPS|Support|Control) and were removing the concept that any particular class was required to fulfill any specific role. And that remains true today: there are many types of high-performance healers other than druid, the druid can perform other roles. Plus, nearly any prof has access to a substantive DPS build and even control and support have lots of efficient options.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    Part of what drew me to GW2 was its philosophy of abandoning the Heal-DPS-Tank trifecta., and then they turn around and add a heal class to the game. It's confusing to me, a bit. Then they add raids that require people to min-max, whether ANet wanted that to happen or not, it did. We may not officially have tanks, heals and DPS, but really we have to gear to make ourselves tanks, heals and DPS for raids.

    Again, that's a misconception... The Trinity was, and could never be abandoned.

    The goal was that the roles would never be bound to a class. Problem was it's poor implementation in core (the game was too easy to require roles, and because there were no support stats to speak of (Concentration and healing power didn't exist) and Conditions were kitten by the max stack size, everyone ran the same build: Berserker.
    That led to people thinking the goal was that everyone would be a DPSer. Which, anyone playing WvW at the time (and now) would tell you, it's not possible, roles are required for optimal game play.
    Regardless, that meta prevailed for years, and led to them nerfing a ton of content to be played to that meta. To the point where dungeons were so broken they had to be abandoned.

    With HoT came the intent of bringing back some challenge to the game, this, along with Elite Specs allowed them to bring back roles in a more defined way. Problem is, there's not enough Elite Specs (which i warned about pre-HoT, and have been saying so since). In like 8 years from now (if the game still exists) if they keep the release of Elites exclusive to Expansions, we might have enough Elites that every class will be able to play whichever role they want freely again. Until then, posts like this will keep resurfacing.

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

    I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

    I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

    This also sparked a discussion about what a Druid class is and what people expect from it.

    It's a forum. You know. Where discussions take place.

    But you coming here and stating things like "nobody agrees with you" simply because you don 't is false logic. I don't expect my 'dissenting opinion' to go anywhere. It's a forum where people politely exchange ideas. Are you a moderator who determines what can and cannot be posted on this forum?

    It's also both funny and ironic that you complain about a post not being productive while posting an unproductive comment adding to it. You both assume a moral and ethical high ground, while also wallowing around in the lowbrow gutter you condemn.

    Now are we done here? Or do you need the last word? I'll let you have it.

    This whole thread has almost solely been you trying to shout down everyone who has a different opinion or interpretation of "Druid" than you. The way it's been implemented is perfectly valid and serves a nigh indispensable role in the high level PvE meta of the game.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Druid is not a class, but a supportive e-spec.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

    I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

    I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

    This also sparked a discussion about what a Druid class is and what people expect from it.

    It's a forum. You know. Where discussions take place.

    But you coming here and stating things like "nobody agrees with you" simply because you don 't is false logic. I don't expect my 'dissenting opinion' to go anywhere. It's a forum where people politely exchange ideas. Are you a moderator who determines what can and cannot be posted on this forum?

    It's also both funny and ironic that you complain about a post not being productive while posting an unproductive comment adding to it. You both assume a moral and ethical high ground, while also wallowing around in the lowbrow gutter you condemn.

    Now are we done here? Or do you need the last word? I'll let you have it.

    This whole thread has almost solely been you trying to shout down everyone who has a different opinion or interpretation of "Druid" than you. The way it's been implemented is perfectly valid and serves a nigh indispensable role in the high level PvE meta of the game.

    Actually, no it hasn't been me shouting down anyone at all. It's called an adult discussion. i find it funny that you totally ignore that some people, such as yourself, HAVE been trying to 'shout down' me for not thinking a Druid should be a support class, much less traditionally.

    But I do hope you feel better.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • BadSanta.6527BadSanta.6527 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

    Ido agree with op , I don’t understand why people try to shout him down

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    This might just be the least constructive thread in this forum.

    I'm honored that you helped contribute to it then.

    I've contributed as much as you have honestly, you're so caught up over a name to the point of obsession and can't seem to understand that almost nobody is agreeing with you and your 'dissenting opinion' will go nowhere. Elementalist already does all the stuff you want Druid to do and complaining about a name won't change that.

    This also sparked a discussion about what a Druid class is and what people expect from it.

    It's a forum. You know. Where discussions take place.

    But you coming here and stating things like "nobody agrees with you" simply because you don 't is false logic. I don't expect my 'dissenting opinion' to go anywhere. It's a forum where people politely exchange ideas. Are you a moderator who determines what can and cannot be posted on this forum?

    It's also both funny and ironic that you complain about a post not being productive while posting an unproductive comment adding to it. You both assume a moral and ethical high ground, while also wallowing around in the lowbrow gutter you condemn.

    Now are we done here? Or do you need the last word? I'll let you have it.

    This whole thread has almost solely been you trying to shout down everyone who has a different opinion or interpretation of "Druid" than you. The way it's been implemented is perfectly valid and serves a nigh indispensable role in the high level PvE meta of the game.

    Actually, no it hasn't been me shouting down anyone at all. It's called an adult discussion. i find it funny that you totally ignore that some people, such as yourself, HAVE been trying to 'shout down' me for not thinking a Druid should be a support class, much less traditionally.

    But I do hope you feel better.

    I said trying to, I didn't say you were doing any good at it. The concept seems to go right over your head though.

    Oh, you just have an axe to grind. Gotcha. I'll let you wallow in that snark and negativity.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Alehin.3746Alehin.3746 Member ✭✭✭

    Druid's in WoW are pretty good, OP, have you tried that? Probably not what you're looking for but i think it's closer than gw2's druids.

  • Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals.

    Ok, I guess?

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @Imperadordf.2687 said:

    I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals.

    Ok, I guess?

    Thanks for that amazing insight.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just becuse druid is dps in othet games dont mean it is locked to name for then they should change guardian to paladin to get its proper name and so on

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    Just becuse druid is dps in othet games dont mean it is locked to name for then they should change guardian to paladin to get its proper name and so on

    To be fair, mechanically herald is closer to Paladin than Guardian because of how much more active defense focused guardian is than traditionally paladins tend to be in games.

  • Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    Just becuse druid is dps in othet games dont mean it is locked to name for then they should change guardian to paladin to get its proper name and so on

    To be fair, mechanically herald is closer to Paladin than Guardian because of how much more active defense focused guardian is than traditionally paladins tend to be in games.

    Yeah but guardian looks more religius and has similar theme

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:

    @Eekasqueak.7850 said:

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    Just becuse druid is dps in othet games dont mean it is locked to name for then they should change guardian to paladin to get its proper name and so on

    To be fair, mechanically herald is closer to Paladin than Guardian because of how much more active defense focused guardian is than traditionally paladins tend to be in games.

    Yeah but guardian looks more religius and has similar theme

    Thematically it's similar but they stripped out the religious parts to make it more race neutral.

  • sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I wish necromancers were meta healers with lifesteals and blood magic... See, no1 cares. Game is what it is.

    I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

  • titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭

    i was waiting for more healers in pof. i want more. have a revenant maklain gear for wvsw. and a tempest magi ele and a marshal druid. i like to keep ppl alive. and even more when an enemy try to kill them in wvsw. only bad is when i am downed and they let me die it feels bad. but they can’t see i am healer. sometimes i say that i am and then they rev me. i want title leave no hero behind. but no skill :( :( it is a perfect title for me all other titles i don’t care. exept hero of lions arch but can’t get anymore

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    I wish necromancers were meta healers with lifesteals and blood magic... See, no1 cares. Game is what it is.

    Then why come here and comment?

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭

    And I wish Thief was a desirable class to bring in Raids... But alas, we can't have it all.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @TwiceDead.1963 said:
    And I wish Thief was a desirable class to bring in Raids... But alas, we can't have it all.

    And that is a perfectly valid opinion and they SHOULD be.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018

    @Martimus.6027
    Hahaha, indeed!

    Oh well, I can only conjecture that people actually missed the trinity to some extent when Anet came up with Druid. IMO Healing classes really don't work well in this game, the UI doesn't support it and neither does the targeting, as you can't see the HP of your allies unless you directly click em', which is counter-intuitive for obvious reasons, and another is that you can't actually target your allies with spells, which really relies on your Allies to be standing where you want them to in order for the heals to land and not jump-hopping all over the place like a rabbit.

    Somewhat resolved if you party up with them, but it's still... Clunky.

    It works though, although its far from optimal.

  • CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TwiceDead.1963 said:
    @Martimus.6027
    Hahaha, indeed!

    Oh well, I can only conjecture that people actually missed the trinity to some extent when Anet came up with Druid. IMO Healing classes really don't work well in this game, the UI doesn't support it and neither does the targeting, as you can't see the HP of your allies unless you directly click em', which is counter-intuitive for obvious reasons, and another is that you can't actually target your allies with spells, which really relies on your Allies to be standing where you want them to in order for the heals to land and not jump-hopping all over the place like a rabbit.

    Somewhat resolved if you party up with them, but it's still... Clunky.

    It works though, although its far from optimal.

    I agree that the interface isn't really conductive to being a healer. That's why proper games have addons, to allow the customisation you need.

    The fun thing, however, is that this game's design, at least in group PvE, never really worked before they added healers. Active defense and self-sufficiency was a nice theory, but fell apart in practice with all the AoE attacks that mobs threw at you. The resulting "kill it before it kills the group" hardly was engaging gameplay.

    Praise delta!

  • Dace.8173Dace.8173 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm not entirely sure if this point was made but the druid being a healer doesn't break the whole "abandonment of the holy trinity trifecta." The druid is not a class but an Elite specialization. The Ranger profession is still capable of being DPS/Healer/Tank. The Elites can specialize in any of those areas or none of those and still keep with the original philosophy. An Elite is only one path, of many, that the Ranger can take. All of the core, basic specializations do the same thing, providing a more focused attention to different aspects of the profession. Elites are just more powerful versions of that with the added benefit of giving you a new weapon.

    So while it may be true that the Druid is not what you hoped to be, the Druid itself did not violate the original design philosophy as all it did was allow players who wanted to focus on healing focus on healing. If you want to focus on DPS then you would build the Ranger a different way. They never promised that aspects of a profession wouldn't focus on different areas, only that the professions themselves would not be 100% any one thing. The Elites are honestly too small of a mechanic to make most of them generalist (being able to do all three roles) and be effective. I think the Elementalist and Engineer may be the only professions who can still be anything they want beyond the focus that an Elite brings due to the way kits and Attunements work (ie A Scrapper or Holo could still opt to focus on healing by equipping the Med Kit or hyper focus on DPS by equipping the grenade, explosive, or mortar kits. Flipside Attunements allow the Elementalist to switch roles on the fly in a way that the Druid would never be able to replicate).
    In the long run, I think there is always going to be someone who is unhappy with how an Elite might focus any given profession. I saw someone complain a few days back about how Daredevil didn't allow you to wield two swords and how it should have been more of a ninja build (though I think they are waiting to give Thief the ninja build when they do an expansion focused on Cantha).

  • Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Also druid is just a name to put idea on gw 2 druid its alot closer to dryad . But meaning and usage of names dont mean they should be same take my name laila for example not all who share my name look ore think like me. (This for op seem to locked on that all druids shall be same in all games. Druid was orignally a name for celtic shamans wich dont fit the general meaning of druids in most games ore this game)

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2018

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    Also druid is just a name to put idea on gw 2 druid its alot closer to dryad . But meaning and usage of names dont mean they should be same take my name laila for example not all who share my name look ore think like me. (This for op seem to locked on that all druids shall be same in all games. Druid was orignally a name for celtic shamans wich dont fit the general meaning of druids in most games ore this game)

    Excuse me?

    No, really........excuse me?!?!?!!?

    Your'e telling ME that I said druids should be 'locked' into the same theme in all games??? I'm sitting here saying Druids should have the OPTION to be DPS, not locked into support and that's somehow saying they should be locked into DPS? And others are here adamantly insisting that Druids should be SUPPORT healing classes, and I am the one who's talking about how druids should be locked into a theme?? no. I'm not.

    Don't come for me. I've had enough of people on this thread. I don't mind people disagreeing. But personal insults, misrepresenting my arguments, telling me how "useless" this thread is, when it has sparked so much discussion is just asinine. But putting words into my mouth and dragging ME over hot coals and ignoring literally the exact same argument process from others who are just on the opposite end of the argument is ridiculous. Inexcusable.

    How dare you sit there and tell ME I want druids to be locked into a role when i DO NOT, and others have attempted to shout me down and do precisely what you wrongly accused me of doing.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    Also druid is just a name to put idea on gw 2 druid its alot closer to dryad . But meaning and usage of names dont mean they should be same take my name laila for example not all who share my name look ore think like me. (This for op seem to locked on that all druids shall be same in all games. Druid was orignally a name for celtic shamans wich dont fit the general meaning of druids in most games ore this game)

    Excuse me?

    No, really........excuse me?!?!?!!?

    Your'e telling ME that I said druids should be 'locked' into the same theme in all games??? I'm sitting here saying Druids should have the OPTION to be DPS, not locked into support and that's somehow saying they should be locked into DPS? And others are here adamantly insisting that Druids should be SUPPORT healing classes, and I am the one who's talking about how druids should be locked into a theme?? no. I'm not.

    Don't come for me. I've had enough of people on this thread. I don't mind people disagreeing. But personal insults, misrepresenting my arguments, telling me how "useless" this thread is, when it has sparked so much discussion is just asinine. But putting words into my mouth and dragging ME over hot coals and ignoring literally the exact same argument process from others who are just on the opposite end of the argument is ridiculous. Inexcusable.

    How dare you sit there and tell ME I want druids to be locked into a role when i DO NOT, and others have attempted to shout me down and do precisely what you wrongly accused me of doing.

    Dude, Druid is a spec not an entire class, chill the heck out. You're the one misrepresenting that person's argument because yours seems to be entirely "I want Druid to be like it is in these other games" when they're saying that it's open for interpretation.

    Ranger can DPS, just using a different spec and that is perfectly fine whether you like that or not. The game already has an "elemental" caster like you keep saying Druid's should be, or do you need me to link back to the comments where you literally said exactly that? Your defense of people calling you out seems to entirely be pretending you didn't do that thing then blaming them of that thing. You are too caught up over the name, get over it.

  • All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

  • Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:
    All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

    That is not what I said or meant. At all.

    I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

    I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

  • Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:
    All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

    That is not what I said or meant. At all.

    I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

    Again it's a spec and nothing you've said up to this point has indicated that. Even the title of the thread says you wish they were DPS not healers.

  • Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Martimus.6027 said:

    @thefantasticg.3984 said:
    All I have gotten in this thread is that the OP is in an super extreme minority regarding this opinion that Druid's should have been DPSers.

    That is not what I said or meant. At all.

    I wanted them to have the OPTION of being more DPS focused rather than solely support/healing.

    Well you’re in luck then, because there’s a viper Druid build that applies condis for damage AND might stacks with some minor healing. I’m almost positive this has been mentioned multiple times this thread though, and yet you don’t seem satisfied.

    "But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

2
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.