Repurposing Edge of the Mists Ideas

Brother.1504

Maybe if they made it more gimmicky? I don't know, since it's supposed to just be an overflow and nothing serious (though I really love the maps and design), maybe they could add another layer of fun factor to it. I do know some people who actually loved going eotm vs wvw (lol) in their spare time, and I don't blame them for wanting quick stressless fun.

Replace one of the alpines with it. Its a solid map and now that people have become more use to vertical maps it shouldn't be that hard to adapt to, especially with the addition of gliding. Move ruins into on the upper and lower levels of the center of the map.

@Optimator.3589 said:Whatever else is done with EOTM, it needs gliding added to it. Sure, I only end up there once every 6 months or so for whatever weird reason, but I always forget that I can't glide and go kersplat.

They’d have to add the colored borders around areas otherwise players could glide from a tower to anywhere on the map.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:Whatever else is done with EOTM, it needs gliding added to it. Sure, I only end up there once every 6 months or so for whatever weird reason, but I always forget that I can't glide and go kersplat.

They’d have to add the colored borders around areas otherwise players could glide from a tower to anywhere on the map.

True. All that being said, I'd prefer they don't waste development time on EOTM. It'll still be a useless map without a complete overhaul, and IMO, the devs have bigger fish to fry.

@Brother.1504 said:

@X T D.6458 said:The map is not the issue, people stopped playing there because rewards aren't enough anymore.

I agree, EotM rewards need a rework also, at the very least buff rewards for solo roaming.

The rewards are fine as is, heck they were better than actual WvW for a long time and this kept a lot of people out of WvW. You can still farm champ bags, karma, badges, wxp, achieves, and reward tracks. Considering that EoTM was designed to be a kind of waiting room to screw around in while waiting to get into WvW, its fine as is.

@X T D.6458 said:

@X T D.6458 said:The map is not the issue, people stopped playing there because rewards aren't enough anymore.

I agree, EotM rewards need a rework also, at the very least buff rewards for solo roaming.

The rewards are fine as is, heck they were better than actual WvW for a long time and this kept a lot of people out of WvW. You can still farm champ bags, karma, badges, wxp, achieves, and reward tracks. Considering that EoTM was designed to be a kind of waiting room to screw around in while waiting to get into WvW, its fine as is.

A wvw waiting room was great back in tourney one when servers had all maps qued for hours on reset night. I’m on Blackgate (ik don’t hate)even on reset night we may que 2 maps and only for the 1st hour. Then at most que 1. I think EotM purpose needs to evolve into the 2018 game. Or just continue to be a relic of the past like obsidian sanctum. With the wvw alliance evolution I hope the devs show a little love for those barren maps.

@Brother.1504 said:

A wvw waiting room was great back in tourney one when servers had all maps qued for hours on reset night. I’m on Blackgate (ik don’t hate)even on reset night we may que 2 maps and only for the 1st hour. Then at most que 1. I think EotM purpose needs to evolve into the 2018 game. Or just continue to be a relic of the past like obsidian sanctum. With the wvw alliance evolution I hope the devs show a little love for those barren maps.

The fact that EoTM died after skirmish rewards came out says everything about it. People only used it to farm, and were not there for content. I would hop into EoTM sometimes in the past when WvW was quiet and I really hated how it encouraged and rewarded people for being bad and ignorant.

The worst part was these people thought they were actually doing WvW. And this ruined the image that a lot of players had of actual WvW and kept away many people from actually trying WvW.

@X T D.6458 said:

I agree, the rewards are fine actually, since it is not wvw itself. They have all those reward tracks, but wvw skirmish tracks are for wvw.Eotm is a funny place to also test builds out, but just be prepared to look on forums for complaints lol.

Ya mounts and gliders enabled. Let people go crazy and see how the population adjusts to it. Then after seeing what they are doing, make some tweaks. Then after some more observation make final tweaks and ask, "can we add this to WvW without excessive amounts of tears?"

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

I agree, the rewards are fine actually, since it is not wvw itself. They have all those reward tracks, but wvw skirmish tracks are for wvw.Eotm is a funny place to also test builds out, but just be prepared to look on forums for complaints lol.

Heh funny you mention build testing, I actually used to do the same thing to familiarize myself with a new setup before I was comfortable enough to use in actual WvW. Was useful to tweak it and see worked and what didnt.

Cap the level on it at 40(?), cap the wvw rank at (what ever rank would give 1 complete wvw mastery line, eg. Defense against guards, Catapult Mastery etc. ) give reduced pips (1/2 maybe? 1/4?) Allow users to "turn off exp/wxp" so they may 'stay in the map' ( Turning off xp would disable pips). No HoT or PoF professions, because level 40. This might get people who are interested in wvw a nice gateway to get used to the "flow" and "How wvw works". It would also give a "throwback" map to before HoT and PoF to some extent. Leave the participation requirements as they are, to help in the 'teaching' portion of the map.

Archived