[Suggestion] Contested Waypoints!

Hey guys, the game is a couple of years old, lots of us are in Orr and beyond; I think it would be nice that when we try to travel to a waypoint that you can let us chose the nearest uncontested waypoint instead of just spitting us in the middle of nowhere and even furthest away from our original destination.

Thanks. <3

Part of the issue here is that the game has no way of knowing whether a waypoint is contested until after you're already in the map. In order to do what you're asking, the game would have to load up the map on a particular server, but then have your character not exist anywhere on that map and not let you do anything or exit the map screen until you manually choose a waypoint and re-load the nearby environment/player data. This seems like it would be fairly awkward, possibly inviting potential for some nasty bugs, and to be honest it's just faster most of the time to plop the player somewhere else nearby and let them decide how to handle that.

While annoying, not sure what the original problem that needs addressing - I can think of 2 possible cases:1) The extra time it takes to bring up the map and go to the desired waypoint. I'm not sure asking the player would make that any faster.2) The extra (minor) cost of going to the waypoint you want after getting dumped on one you don't want. Hard to imagine that is a big deal, though a possible solution might be a discount of some amount if the waypoint you chose ends up being contested (discount perhaps being the max cost it would take to go from the waypoint it put you at to any other waypoint on that map)

I would like the game to ask me where to go instead of just teleporting me, like with Guild Missions in Southsun, the teleporter will try to get you to Kiel's Waypoint, that is most of the time contested, the game will take you to the first waypoint near the Asura gate instead of taking you to the Lion's point waypoint, the one on the top North West corner, which is closer to the original destination aka Guild Missions.

@Kitty.6219 said:I would like the game to ask me where to go instead of just teleporting me, like with Guild Missions in Southsun, the teleporter will try to get you to Kiel's Waypoint, that is most of the time contested, the game will take you to the first waypoint near the Asura gate instead of taking you to the Lion's point waypoint, the one on the top North West corner, which is closer to the original destination aka Guild Missions.Or in most cases with Guild Missions that have their own WP since the game opened and yet they are all contested. Seems like they have missed an easy change. But then guild missions have been neglected for years.

Archived