Why does Signet of Fire give precision instead of power?

Lahmia.2193

Why do a trait like persisting flame grant fury instead of an extra might? ;) I can't recall of any air based blast finisher yet fury is an air "thing".The answer is probably that it's a balance choice made by the developpers in the early game.

The fire traitline for ele is associated with both burning and power improvement. Precision is considered as the complementary stat with Power.Although I can see your point and the slight misalignment, there is also some synergy with fire traits which makes sense.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burning_Precision33% to burn on crit - so more crit chance is potentially more burn.

That simple ele is out dated and its lesser used skills are even more outdated. As far as ppl can tell there no all in dev working on ele there a dev working on ele and every thing else with out a real "fight" for the ele class like you see with necros.

@steki.1478 said:

@TSOdinson.2518 said:Who uses signet of fire outside of wvw? If it granted power I can see it replacing primordial stance in pve maybe but not glyph of storms or conjure.

Why would you even use it in wvw? It's worthless there. Its only use is in pve for either extra precision or damage in condi builds.

It's a good nuke that ignores Line of Sight so there's that. It's a good way to attack somebody who's using siege on a hard to reach spot/wall

@Blocki.4931 said:

@TSOdinson.2518 said:Who uses signet of fire outside of wvw? If it granted power I can see it replacing primordial stance in pve maybe but not glyph of storms or conjure.

Why would you even use it in wvw? It's worthless there. Its only use is in pve for either extra precision or damage in condi builds.

It's a good nuke that ignores Line of Sight so there's that. It's a good way to attack somebody who's using siege on a hard to reach spot/wall

I think that a bug.

on top of which, Eles already have extremely high power scaling, and a butt of sources to get extra power boosts. Precision is a lot easier to cap, and you don't need as much of it to really be effective.... as long as you have stable fury anyway.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Why do a trait like persisting flame grant fury instead of an extra might? ;) I can't recall of any air based blast finisher yet fury is an air "thing".The answer is probably that it's a balance choice made by the developpers in the early game.

I would guess because Fire grants a lot of might to begin with, and Eles are traditionally the best class to stack might via blast combos. I don't know when or how this happened... but I've noticed the Tool tip saying fury increases damage and condi damage as well.

While power fits thematically with the Fire trait line, I'd say Precision is better than Power for Signet of Fire and even Condi damage would be a more apt stat than Power. This is because the active is a burn (and quite a strong burn at that, second only in utility dps to double-earth Primordial stance?). Our on-crit Condi applications could use some love to make better use of precision, but I feel it allows the signet to be useful for both power and condi builds and is a good middle-ground.

@steki.1478 said:

@"TSOdinson.2518" said:Who uses signet of fire outside of wvw? If it granted power I can see it replacing primordial stance in pve maybe but not glyph of storms or conjure.

Ummm metabattle open world fresh air builds use it, very good for hot and other content, I have no idea why you think it is bad for something like this, fresh air relies on crits.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Dagger/x_Fresh_Air

@Glacial.9516 said:While power fits thematically with the Fire trait line, I'd say Precision is better than Power for Signet of Fire and even Condi damage would be a more apt stat than Power. This is because the active is a burn (and quite a strong burn at that, second only in utility dps to double-earth Primordial stance?). Our on-crit Condi applications could use some love to make better use of precision, but I feel it allows the signet to be useful for both power and condi builds and is a good middle-ground.

Well said, yes this makes sense.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@"TSOdinson.2518" said:Who uses signet of fire outside of wvw? If it granted power I can see it replacing primordial stance in pve maybe but not glyph of storms or conjure.

Ummm metabattle open world fresh air builds use it, very good for hot and other content, I have no idea why you think it is bad for something like this, fresh air relies on crits.

Did you even read what I said?

@steki.1478 said:

Did you even read what I said?

Haha I misread.

@Liewec.2896 said:

me! its a nice big buff to crit chance and i play full glass cannon staff, so i want all of the crit chance i can get! :D

I used it before the weaver came out, but largely because condi elementalists lacked any options.

Archived