Is Having Passive Exilir S

zoopop.5630

A must ? I feel like so MANY player believe it’s a Must have and it kinda kills the idea of build divesirty at time....

So my question to all the engi main IS it a MUST have when playing in Rank / ATs/Monthly? Is it a higher skill Cap /floor for players that don’t use it in their build ?

Let’s discus and talk about it..... cuz I’m a believer that we don’t need it or should be running with every single build that gets made.

@zoopop.5630 said:A must ? I feel like so MANY player believe it’s a Must have and it kinda kills the idea of build divesirty at time....

So my question to all the engi main IS it a MUST have when playing in Rank / ATs/Monthly? Is it a higher skill Cap /floor for players that don’t use it in their build ?

Let’s discus and talk about it..... cuz I’m a believer that we don’t need it or should be running with every single build that gets made.

Backpack Regenerator is only useful if you're playing core engineer and you're using kits. I play core power engineer and I use 4 kits.

Healing allies with the Med Kit, kiting enemies, stacking vulnerability and dealing a plentiful amount of damage with the Grenade Kit, the low cooldown stun breaker, weakness stacking and sustain from Elixir Gun as well as the blast finisher you can use with the Med Kits' water field from Cleansing Field and the blocking from the Tool Kit. Another thing, using the trait Health Insurance increases the passive healing on Backpack Regenerator.

I know most engineers play Holosmith, but for those that play core power engineer like myself I find it the most rewarding and addictive profession due to how complex it is.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:The other traits in that column are pure trash.

Comeback Cure = Engineer (at least the elites) has enough regen so no need to overstack it.

Backpack Regenerator = Nobody camps kits. The heal is bad too.

completely disagree backpack is REALLY good, it just gets ignored because of exilir s being really good and a fail safe FOR a lot of players.

@zoopop.5630 said:A must ? I feel like so MANY player believe it’s a Must have and it kinda kills the idea of build divesirty at time....

I don't use it anymore. With the current condition spam I need to be able to cleanse and you still take damage from existing conditions in elixir s, means I die more with it then without it.

The skill as a whole is much more useful when you feel a burst coming (to avoid it) then triggering when you're almost dead.

@Frostmane.9734 said:

I don't use it anymore. With the current condition spam I need to be able to cleanse and you still take damage from existing conditions in elixir s, means I die more with it then without it.

The skill as a whole is much more useful when you feel a burst coming (to avoid it) then triggering when you're almost dead.

ya, i stop using it for a while because i believe theirs a build or two that i can run without having that trait line at all.

@zoopop.5630 said:

ya, i stop using it for a while because i believe theirs a build or two that i can run without having that trait line at all.

Same. Alchemy as a whole has become kind of underwhelming. It's a big investment just for HGH.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Comeback Cure = Engineer (at least the elites) has enough regen so no need to overstack it.

completely disagree backpack is REALLY good, it just gets ignored because of exilir s being really good and a fail safe FOR a lot of players.

117 heal per second is underwhelming if you're not camping kits. And almost nobody camps kits anymore aside from 3-4 kit builds like Hoodie mentioned.

Med Kit : Combo 345 and swapGrenade Kit : 2-4-5 and swapBomb Kit : Drop 2 and some autos swap (Who uses bomb kit in PvP anyway?)Flamethrower : 4-2-1 and swapTool Kit : 5-3-2 swap (use 4 in some situations)Elixir Gun : 5-4 swap (3 if in a teamfight)Mortar Kit : The whole kit is situational

Using kits on elites is meh. Camping them is just bad. Unless you're playing core, BR is useless.

(Imagine Photon Forge being a kit though :O Crazy sustain from BR too)

All the selections are trash as mentioned.

Auto S just kind of seems like best option given others but.... I have to say, it just gets me killed 80% of the time by interrupting an action/heal then locked out skills as you bleed out to conditions and everyone circling you like piranha waiting for it to end. It's saved me a very select few times like making a dash to a door in wvw (which then you'll just die behind the door because can't cleanse conditions being locked out of skills)- but yea, 80% of the time it works 100% of the time > ded.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

117 heal per second is underwhelming if you're not camping kits. And almost nobody camps kits anymore aside from 3-4 kit builds like Hoodie mentioned.

Med Kit : Combo 345 and swapGrenade Kit : 2-4-5 and swapBomb Kit : Drop 2 and some autos swap (Who uses bomb kit in PvP anyway?)Flamethrower : 4-2-1 and swapTool Kit : 5-3-2 swap (use 4 in some situations)Elixir Gun : 5-4 swap (3 if in a teamfight)Mortar Kit : The whole kit is situational

Using kits on elites is meh. Camping them is just bad. Unless you're playing core, BR is useless.

I get 178 per tick with my build, and I still have a high amount of protection and condi cleanse along side good amount of power to back it up.

178 a tick on hp per second not including anything else beside that trait is really good....

@zoopop.5630 said:

I get 178 per tick with my build, and I still have a high amount of protection and condi cleanse along side good amount of power to back it up.

178 a tick on hp per second not including anything else beside that trait is really good....

It still requires you to camp a kit for at least 10 seconds to give a meaningful amount of healing so... I don't think it's that good.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

It still requires you to camp a kit for at least 10 seconds to give a meaningful amount of healing so... I don't think it's that good.

I think some of y’all missing the point, the regen per second good. Weather how you use it is completely different.

Archived