New elite spec

I got this idea. Tell me what you think.

You have normal 4 atunements but you can turn them on and off. All of them share cd. And if you have more then one element active you get new skills (probably not tied to weapon since it would be soooo many skills) based on combined atunement. But skills in more advanced atunement are more powerful but have much longer cd.If i count correctly this means 55 new skills.

Maybe there could be no atunement (arcane?) Option when you turn off all atunements.

@derd.6413 said:if i understand you correctly you want the attunments to no longer be one at a time and instead be pic-and-mix. if that's what you're suggesting:that's a terrible idea. there's such a thing as skill overload

Yes, huge number of skills but some might be hard to get to. For example when you are at fire, water and need skill from air, earth you need for example to use air (wait for cd) earth (wait for cd) drop fire (wait for cd) and drop water. This would encourage planing ahead.

But i guess you have a point. Too many skills might be too confusing and balance might be too hard.

While your idea is interesting, I don't think that Anet should focus on giving mre and more skills to the elementalist. If they could focus on a single new mechanism/skill, I think it would end up being a lot better for the elementalist as a whole.

For example:Take spellbreaker's full counter as a base idea, be sure to have an extra mechanism that isn't tied to a specific element, maybe mix it with a sliver of shroud essence and you obtain a marvellous F5 skill for a new elementalist e-spec.

For convenience, let's name the spec: Arcanist.

F5: Arcanist surge: You cannot be interrupt (hard CC) for X seconds (max 3 seconds). The time depend on how much ressource you built by switching attunment. CD 10 seconds.

Minor traits associated:

• Arcanist shield: Gain barrier when you use Arcanist surge.
  • Arcanist blast: Blast the area around you when you use arcanist surge. This blast will act as if you you are in the middle of a field corresponding to your current attunment. (Fire: Fire field, Water: Water field, Air: lightning field, Earth: Smoke field)

Major traits associated:Let's say that the next 3 are on the same tier (grandmaster) and thus cannot be taken at the same time.

• Arcanist empowerment: Increase precision and ferocity while under the effect of arcanist surge. +200 precision/ +200 ferocity.
  • Arcanist resilience: reduce all incoming damage while under the effect of arcanist surge. 30% reduced incoming power/condi damage.
  • Arcanist breath: Pulse effects based on your current attunment while under the effect of arcanist surge. (Fire: apply 2 fire stacks every second, Water: cleanse allies around you every second, Air: Apply weakness around you every second, Earth: blind foe around you every second.)

Example of other major traits:

• Arcanist wave: Triggering Arcanist blast now also deal damage.
  • Arcanist mastery: reduce Arcanist surge cool down by 20%. Using [Arcanist utility skill] also grant you ressource for your arcanist surge.
  • Arcanist persistence: When you use Arcanist surge, automatically build up back 1/3 of the ressource.
  • Shattering surge: Break 3 boons on up to 5 foes around you when you use arcanist surge.... etc.

I think that the main issue of the elementalist is that it struggle to find windows of opportunity to develop it's gameplay. This arcanist thing is probably totally unbalanced for the game as it is right now, but I believe that it's what's needed for the elementalist to shine brightly in competitives mode like PvP and WvW (elementalist don't need to shine more than he do in PvE).

@Dadnir.5038 said:While your idea is interesting, I don't think that Anet should focus on giving mre and more skills to the elementalist. If they could focus on a single new mechanism/skill, I think it would end up being a lot better for the elementalist as a whole.

For example:Take spellbreaker's full counter as a base idea, be sure to have an extra mechanism that isn't tied to a specific element, maybe mix it with a sliver of shroud essence and you obtain a marvellous F5 skill for a new elementalist e-spec.

For convenience, let's name the spec: Arcanist.

F5: Arcanist surge: You cannot be interrupt (hard CC) for X seconds (max 3 seconds). The time depend on how much ressource you built by switching attunment. CD 10 seconds.

Minor traits associated:

• Arcanist shield: Gain barrier when you use Arcanist surge.
  • Arcanist blast: Blast the area around you when you use arcanist surge. This blast will act as if you you are in the middle of a field corresponding to your current attunment. (Fire: Fire field, Water: Water field, Air: lightning field, Earth: Smoke field)

Major traits associated:Let's say that the next 3 are on the same tier (grandmaster) and thus cannot be taken at the same time.

• Arcanist empowerment: Increase precision and ferocity while under the effect of arcanist surge. +200 precision/ +200 ferocity.
  • Arcanist resilience: reduce all incoming damage while under the effect of arcanist surge. 30% reduced incoming power/condi damage.
  • Arcanist breath: Pulse effects based on your current attunment while under the effect of arcanist surge. (Fire: apply 2 fire stacks every second, Water: cleanse allies around you every second, Air: Apply weakness around you every second, Earth: blind foe around you every second.)

Example of other major traits:

• Arcanist wave: Triggering Arcanist blast now also deal damage.
  • Arcanist mastery: reduce Arcanist surge cool down by 20%. Using [Arcanist utility skill] also grant you ressource for your arcanist surge.
  • Arcanist persistence: When you use Arcanist surge, automatically build up back 1/3 of the ressource.
  • Shattering surge: Break 3 boons on up to 5 foes around you when you use arcanist surge.... etc.

I think that the main issue of the elementalist is that it struggle to find windows of opportunity to develop it's gameplay. This arcanist thing is probably totally unbalanced for the game as it is right now, but I believe that it's what's needed for the elementalist to shine brightly in competitives mode like PvP and WvW (elementalist don't need to shine more than he do in PvE).

Yea, i guess next elite spec should be more focused at pvp.

Archived