WvW Change 5/22/2018

Celsith.2753

World vs. WorldPlayers can now get a Grandmaster Mark Shard from the final bronze, silver, and gold skirmish chests. If a player collects 10 shards, they can trade them with the Skirmish Supervisor for grandmaster marks.

Nice addition to the lower chests. A slow way to gain crafting marks if you dont have crafting levelled but at least it's now possible.

@Celsith.2753 said:World vs. WorldGeneral

Players can now get a Grandmaster Mark Shard from the final bronze, silver, and gold skirmish chests. If a player collects 10 shards, they can trade them with the Skirmish Supervisor for grandmaster marks.

Nice addition to the lower chests. A slow way to gain crafting marks if you dont have crafting levelled but at least it's now possible.

Very nice!

May take a bit, but at least it's a step.

@shmead.4915 said:Would be nice if they at least gave it to people who have already earned the chests these week... smh.

Yes and personally i'd like it a lot more if there was shards in the repeatable final diamond track but it's better than nothing. My alt my now finally have ascended armor eventually.

It will take you 3 full weeks and 1 chest of the next to get one mark. Its nice they are adding in a means of getting marks with out crafting but its going to take a long time to get them this way. I love to see it also on diamond chest as well as the last chest of the repeatable one.

Still it something so it helps.

@Jski.6180 said:It will take you 3 full weeks and 1 chest of the next to get one mark. Its nice they are adding in a means of getting marks with out crafting but its going to take a long time to get them this way. I love to see it also on diamond chest as well as the last chest of the repeatable one.

Still it something so it helps.

True.

But considering it takes 4 weeks worth of tickets to buy one legendary piece ( including the tickets for the ascended piece) I guess for someone starting on a set now would be ready to finish it at the time they finish the ascended items. Or close at least.

So what about the players who have finished Diamond this week already? I finished it Monday, and I am already on 4/6 on my 2nd run through of it. shrugs guess its to be expected. I'd also like you to look at the math for a set including marks and the system you just put in place but that wont happen. 4 weeks for 1 mark. 6 months to finish a set of WvW Legendary by finishing Diamond each week puts you at attaining 7 marks by that time frame. 7/20 you require if using that method to craft, only getting 1/3rd of what you need for the whole set.

Probably should have given us a heads up last week this was coming this week. Oh well not really a big deal, more free stuff over time in the end, nothing to complain about here. Not everyone manages to finish the chests every week so I'd say it was a nice compromise to add it to the bronze silver gold chests.

Figures, just finished leveling Huntsman on an alt acct Sunday because I got tired of waiting for an ascended weapon drop :).

It's all good, I was more than halfway through anyway and only had to spend 5 or so gold for the last 75 crafting levels.

Anyway, all woe is me aside, this is yet another good addition for those coming after.

@Celsith.2753 said:World vs. WorldPlayers can now get a Grandmaster Mark Shard from the final bronze, silver, and gold skirmish chests. If a player collects 10 shards, they can trade them with the Skirmish Supervisor for grandmaster marks.

I'm definitely submitting a ticket.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Figures, just finished leveling Huntsman on an alt acct Sunday because I got tired of waiting for an ascended weapon drop :).

It's all good, I was more than halfway through anyway and only had to spend 5 or so gold for the last 75 crafting levels.

Anyway, all woe is me aside, this is yet another good addition for those coming after.At 10 weeks for a weapon, I think it's too slow if you actually want a weapon. It's fine to collect extra weapons over time for free. Crafting it yourself is still the best option time-wise. Certainly if you've maxed the right profession.

@Anet's Update:This is a great addition in acquiring ascended gear for your characters. Putting the Shards in the Bronze to Gold chests is the best. It allows the more casual players to gain some good reward too, not only the few Diamond veterans. It still requires crafting to be faster, but rewards long term dedication to the game type.

@people that feel robbed of their accomplishments this weekLive with it, seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

So an update on me submitting a ticket on this.

"We apologize for getting to you so late as we have had a influx of tickets in the queue, thus making our reply times unfavorably slower. Now, we as support unfortunately do not have a way to verify players completion for Achievements/Dynamic Events/Reward Tracks so we won't be able to assist since we can't verify you actually completing those tiers. We hope you got it on the next reset, as the Skirmish Reward Track resets weekly. We know this is not the answer you are wanting and we wish we could do more but unfortunately we don't have the tools to see completion. We are also sorry if you feel this in unfair, keep in mind game content is subject to change at random and there is not always going to be a notice of said changes. Please let us know if you need any help or have any questions in the future, hopefully we can be of more use next time!"

It turns out that they can't give it to me because they don't have a way to track what people do in game and thus unable to prove that I even did them. If only they responded to my ticket within the week I submitted the ticket rather than NINETEEN DAYS later.

Lucky for me I screen capped the reward track that week on the 22nd. Proof provided. Lets see if customer support isn't completely useless.

Archived