Mesmer update discussion - May 22 patch notes

Emtiarbi.3281

Mesmer

Bountiful Disillusionment: The stability duration for this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW.

Illusionary Defense: The damage reduction per stack this trait applies is now split between game modes and has been reduced from -5% per stack to -2% in PvP and WvW.

Phantasmal Defender: The tooltip for this skill now shows the correct damage the skill inflicts in PvE. Its damage has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.

Phantasmal Disenchanter: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.

Phantasmal Warlock: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.

Echo of Memory: Reduced the damage inflicted by the illusionary avenger by 50%.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1s stab on BD is a bit harsh for any build that isn't chrono. They may as well just go ahead and delete the stab altogether/replace it with something else.

iWarlock nerf is a little confusing - in my experience it wasn't that powerful.

Anyway I'm ok with it.

Those are some serious nerfs to chronomancer. Last patch Chronophantasma was nerfed by 50%.

Now we get nerfs to major illusion summoning skills what makes Chronophantasma even weaker. Resummoned illusions will deal 25% of what they used to not so long ago.

I agree with pyro. Nerfing warlock was a really strange move, and I think that 50% damage nerf to avenger is also too big of a nerf to that phantasm.

I also agree with @"Curunen.8729" that nerfing the stab even further on BD is an awful "solution" that unfairly targets core mesmer and mirage, who have very few sources of stab to begin with.

That said, I am very happy that disenchanter and defender finally got their damage nerfed in PvP/WvW, we definitely needed that. But I would have liked illusionary defense to be nerfed to 3% per stack instead of 2%

@"Mini Crinny.6190" said:I can say this.

Mesmer will be just fine.

To be fair you could remove 2-3 core traitlines from the game entirely and most classes would be "just fine", because the class would still have solid/meta build options remaining.

Yeah mesmer is more than fine, but that doesn't justify odd balance decisions.

Everybody asking for mesmer nerfs for mulitple months, the serious nerfs finally arrive and now it's the biggest mistake they've ever made.

Learn to live with it. It has nothing to do with the fact that a HoT spec was strong, that's conspiracy theory level lmao

@Blocki.4931 said:Everybody asking for mesmer nerfs for mulitple months, the serious nerfs finally arrive and now it's the biggest mistake they've ever made.

Learn to live with it. It has nothing to do with the fact that a HoT spec was strong, that's conspiracy theory level lmao

That is not what people are saying. Learn to read a thread before criticizing the comments in it

@Blocki.4931 said:Everybody asking for mesmer nerfs for mulitple months, the serious nerfs finally arrive and now it's the biggest mistake they've ever made.

You have obviously never been involved in corporate level decision making.Profit is the name of the game!

@"Blocki.4931" said:Everybody asking for mesmer nerfs for mulitple months, the serious nerfs finally arrive and now it's the biggest mistake they've ever made.

lol - more like "^shrug^ strange choice, anyway moving on".

Your post would be applicable if they did something like put Blurred Frenzy on a 60s cooldown. ;)

Wow, why don't they just delete Mesmer. I don't get it, it's okay to have unkillable warrs that hit like a truck, Engi chaining CC with holosmith's ridiculous damage, or necro reaper/scourge obscene power/condi damage but Mesmer gets nerfed to mid-tier damage. The nerfing is the steepest I've seen. They like their 50% reduction on everything. After so many years and still no idea what they want Mes to be. These nerfs are beyond dacronian.

I'm already having to run zerk to try and stay competitive with other classes damage in PvP. What now FFS.

@OriOri.8724 said:

That is not what people are saying. Learn to read a thread before criticizing the comments in it

Chrono was banned from a recent streamer tourney because it was so ridiculous. I think it got exactly what people were asking for.

@OriOri.8724 said:I agree with pyro. Nerfing warlock was a really strange move, and I think that 50% damage nerf to avenger is also too big of a nerf to that phantasm.

I also agree with @"Curunen.8729" that nerfing the stab even further on BD is an awful "solution" that unfairly targets core mesmer and mirage, who have very few sources of stab to begin with.

That said, I am very happy that disenchanter and defender finally got their damage nerfed in PvP/WvW, we definitely needed that. But I would have liked illusionary defense to be nerfed to 3% per stack instead of 2%

Why you expect something else from anet way of balance things ? Thats been obvious from the point where they refused to rework CP that everything would end up with 50% damage nerf on everything (phantasmal defender wouldnt ever be defensive ,not even dream about it) . Yes 50% damage nerf on staff is a good meme

Archived