Elonian Elementalist Outfit not armor set

I really love the new outfit and I instantly bought it.I‘m kinda disappointed though that they didn’t release it as armor set, I really wish I could wear the chaos gloves to match my Gw1 look.I don’t see why it is too difficult to release outfits like these (especially when they show so much skin) as armor sets...

@"Liewec.2896" said:[insert generic responses that have been debunked time and time again]"clipping!""visual weight classes!""ten million years of work!"

but yeah, this game desperately needs more armours not one-piece cashgrabs.

However, keep in mind they need to make...how many sets of armor for this game? 15, I do believe that takes a lot more work than you think, but if not, why not give it a whirl yourself, then when you've done the work you can sell it to ArenaNet.

@Nash.3974 said:I really love the new outfit and I instantly bought it.I‘m kinda disappointed though that they didn’t release it as armor set, I really wish I could wear the chaos gloves to match my Gw1 look.I don’t see why it is too difficult to release outfits like these (especially when they show so much skin) as armor sets...

It IS difficult, they have said so a few times. But that is not the problem. The problem is making outfits is easier AND gives them the same or more money.So, as long as people continue buying outfits as you just did, they will NOT make more armor.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:[insert generic responses that have been debunked time and time again]"clipping!""visual weight classes!""ten million years of work!"

However, keep in mind they need to make...how many sets of armor for this game? 15, I do believe that takes a lot more work than you think, but if not, why not give it a whirl yourself, then when you've done the work you can sell it to ArenaNet.

There have been a few offers from some 3D artists in the past. Some cheap, some free. Anet seems to have a policy that prevents them from accepting external 3D works. So no, there is no point on freelances making good armor for Anet.

@Ardid.7203 said:There have been a few offers from some 3D artists in the past. Some cheap, some free. Anet seems to have a policy that prevents them from accepting external 3D works. So no, there is no point on freelances making good armor for Anet.

This is what they’ve said about fans making armor. (Emphasis is mine)

Regina BArmor is one of the most expensive things in the game to create. Armor is complicated and needs to be created with many considerations in mind, and these considerations may not be easily apparent or describable to fan armor designers. It isn't a bad idea to run a contest like this, but it's many orders more involved than other types of contests, which may be a better use of our limited development and marketing resources. We always have to weigh the pros and cons of any type of contest based on our marketing goals.(Snip: discussion on emotes)

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Nash.3974 said:I really love the new outfit and I instantly bought it.I‘m kinda disappointed though that they didn’t release it as armor set, I really wish I could wear the chaos gloves to match my Gw1 look.I don’t see why it is too difficult to release outfits like these (especially when they show so much skin) as armor sets...

It IS difficult, they have said so a few times. But that is not the problem. The problem is making outfits is easier AND gives them the same or more money.So, as long as people continue buying outfits as you just did, they will NOT make more armor.

There have been a few offers from some 3D artists in the past. Some cheap, some free. Anet seems to have a policy that prevents them from accepting external 3D works. So no, there is no point on freelances making good armor for Anet.

I was making a point that it's not as easy as that poster makes it out to be nor is it worthwhile...a business is a business, regardless of what that business is and they all have to make money unless they're non-profit. Also, in this case, the money made from the outfits goes to further implement new content and a multitude of other improvements to the game...so which do you think should be emphasized? That which can be used to continue development and can be made at more than one or two items per year(ooutfits), or that which is more time and cost consuming and you'd probably only get one or two items of per year and reduces other potential content(armor).

Idd, i dont mind clipping unless its in the armor it self and its extreme. Who the fuck cares if it clips with a diff set, lemme mix n match how i like ;-;

They have so many opportunities to make me buy skins and they throw each one with these outfits. Oh well.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

They can very well release a light armor or a heavy armor or a medium armor. I dont need 3 sets. Its the same armor placed differently on diff races, with maybe a small number od tweaks.

Lets not act like a heavy wore by a charr is a completely diff set from the same heavy being wore by a human.

I get wanting to mix and match, but the plus side to outfits is that EVERYONE can wear them. Otherwise this would be limited to the 3 light armor classes. In general I prefer armor skins, but outfits do have a vital and important place in game. Love this outfit.

@Udolpho.1209 said:I get wanting to mix and match, but the plus side to outfits is that EVERYONE can wear them. Otherwise this would be limited to the 3 light armor classes. In general I prefer armor skins, but outfits do have a vital and important place in game. Love this outfit.

Yeah, I have my Scourge and Weaver wearing the Pirate Captain's outfit, because it's the only way my light armor classes can wear actual pants. Not pants with little short butt skirts, or robes, or dresses, or miniskirts, etc (you get the point).......just pants.

EDIT: Although I would prefer more armor skins, I guess I have to stick with this for the time being.

People won't stop buying them cause...

One thing I don't like about outfits I can't get the shoulder effects from either Nightfury or winters presence.. or make it so it does show up =p

and of course there's always a piece of the outfit that usually kills the rest.. like funky pair of boots or gloves or hanging cloths

@Gambino.2109 said:People won't stop buying them cause...

One thing I don't like about outfits I can't get the shoulder effects from either Nightfury or winters presence.. or make it so it does show up =p

and of course there's always a piece of the outfit that usually kills the rest.. like funky pair of boots or gloves or hanging cloths

the only exception seems the Rogue Balthazar's outift, the only one without a 'comic style' part.

@Ardid.7203 said:

For pete's sake!! I will BUY armour pieces!! I'm sure others would too.

I understand that armor skins take more time and resources and whatever but sometimes we get new gloves/helms/boots/shoulders separately (you know, Toxic Gloves, Foefire Greaves and so on). Why don't they make some chest pieces and pants too? Just a few ones per year at a higher price. Instabuy! I desperately need some pants that don't look like bulky metal skirts. I've been wearing the Aetherblade pants since forever. :astonished:

Archived