Black Lion trading Post set prices on items in Tradingpost

This is just one example where the set price is higher then the selling price making purchase impossible. SS included I hope* in case the SS doesnt work, Its the Level 15 Journeyman Tuning Crystal. The lowest listed price is 13 copper, but ANet has the lowest price set at 15 copper making purchase impossible. This is not the only thing I have seen like this.https://imgur.com/a/GfOOiHI

Sorry meant Journeyman tuning Crystals. > @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can't increase the offered buy price and buy the item, then?

No the set price, meaning the price Anet set them at is 15 copper, and the lowest set price to players have it listed at is 13 copper, you can not place a higher bid the what is set at current selling price.

it's been like this for years, TP need a clean up

1. remove all buying quests that are under the minimum sell price
  2. cancel all sell items that are under the minimum sell price, and refund the listing tax
  3. place an automatic delist timer, once an item list duration has reaches 0, the item is cancelled and listing tax is refunded

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I just did. Instantly bought one for 15 copper.

ahh ok.. even though its listed at 13c and min price is 15c you can click on 15c run it down from 250 to 1 and purchase it, but how many people would know that? if you try to buy just 1 with out doing that it want let you buy one. Good to know, and helped me figure it out. TYBut Anet does need to fix these problems, how would they find all the problems? Well I dunno.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think most players know that (it's stated right on the window). It's an anomaly that's been present for many years.

I do not see it stated anywhere, it took me by surprise that it did work. I have been playing GW2 since the 1st Beta weekend and did not know this till now. Point-Counterpount is always makes for a good discussion, but some thing do need to be addressed. TY./man I can't type and think at the same time/

@"crepuscular.9047" said:it's been like this for years, TP need a clean up

1. remove all buying quests that are under the minimum sell price
  2. cancel all sell items that are under the minimum sell price, and refund the listing tax

Those are reasonable, though the tax bit is shrug.

1. place an automatic delist timer, once an item list duration has reaches 0, the item is cancelled and listing tax is refunded

That'd be a whole shiny new feature, and probably best advocated for separately. It'd be awful convenient, but mostly favors playing the market, not the game around it, so I'm generally opposed to it. I say that as someone, over in WoW-land, who did take advantage of similar features for profit. :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think if players thought they could not buy items listed on the Trading Post, there would be an outcry on the forums. Thus, most players are aware, even though the Trading Post has several items listed below Vendor Price. (It does say, right there, what the lowest buy price is; in that case 15 copper.)

True, though most players don't even know or care about forums like these.

Archived