Is Mesmer dead

Brother.1504

Chrono surely took a heft hit regarding its dmg output.Survivability pretty much is the same. Just (a lot) less stability.Its still a good bunker dont get me wrong. But its dmg is way more in line now for full defensively traited spec.As for condi mirage nothing whatsoever changed

It's not...only now most players will have to actually think about their course of action instead than going : blur-distortion-stealth-bling-stealth-distortion-jaunt and let the clones do the chasing/attacking given as they can run autoaim on targets then jump on staff spamming chaos field/teleport/chaos field. But yeah for the majority : mesmer is "dead" as it now may require some modicum of skill to play effectively

I think you'll see plenty of successful mesmers even after 3 separate nerfs needed in the middle of a season. They still have a ton of builds and core advantages.

They are the only one with portal. Unlike others, they start at 100% each match and don't have to worry about building LF, initiative, adrenaline, astral force, etc. They can almost guarantee first strike plus immunity from damage for the longest. Add in stealth, mobility, tons of AI, boon ripping, low cooldowns, low cast times, etc and you have a profession that is more than viable with both DD or condi builds. Thus, it still has huge advantages over bringing many other professions and very few tradeoffs.

I pointed out multiple times that BD and Illusionary Defense were the main culprits of survivability, I'm actually really happy to see those are the 2 traits nerfed.

Chrono bunker sustain was already okay-ish since Chronphantasma and SoI changes though. I don't really get why they nuked it into the ground, the defense changes would have been enough imo. This change rendered phantasms useless. I wonder if there is any way to come back from this. But they had to just go all the way :D

Anyways, all mesmers will switch to mirage builds once again.

Whether the class is or is not will be a matter of perception. The sheer number of FOTM Mesmer players (..is ma new main!) is because consensus, and rightly so, agrees that the class over performs (or perhaps, consistently performs). Cue everyone and their wife flocking to the class. And when you're meeting more of one class than most, naturally opinions will be skewed.

A few more high visibility nerfs might do the trick - again, we're not dealing with technical but rather the emotional/psychological.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Hopefully in GW3 mesmser will become one of the "forgotten and lost" professions.

It already is. GW2 mesmer has nothing to do with GW1 mesmer except for having purple/pink colored skills and effects.

If GW3 ever happens they'll probably redesign it again.

@Brother.1504 said:With the Mesmer nerfs, is Mesmer dead?

Condi Mirage is still top tier and GS Mirage is solid.

I liked Chronobunker in theory as a build that could be run in PvP but it was pretty clear that not only was it too powerful defensively it was too powerful offensively. It was clear that between Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether that if they couldn't rework these abilities they were going to have to nerf all phantasms for every build. It's definitely a bit of a bummer that Chronomancer is completely unviable in PvP and that builds using these phantasms that aren't Chronobunker like Demomirage will never be able to make a comeback, but if I had to choose between Chrono being unviable or Chrono completely breaking the game this was the right choice.

Power builds are still a thing, but have their usual limitations.

Sustain chrono will hit a lot lighter and can actually be stunned.

Condi is always going to be at an advantage because of the game type and mes still uses it well.(Fingers crossed your remover clears the confusion.)

Mesmer is definitely dead, Anet just killed the totally balanced chrono build, and obviously mirage doesn't have enough damage or escapes and actually needed a buff. Elusive mind needs a buff. Portal needs to have its cd reduced to 20 seconds. For some reason people still play this class, they should all switch to rev or ele, the real strong classes in the meta.

Archived