What places do hope end up being Raid wings?

Just to lighten up the mood a bit in this sub forum. What places do you hope to see in gw2 be raid wings? Personally when we head to Cantha, I hope the Deep and Urgoz Warren become raid wings. I especially hope if they do redo the Deep into a raid that they keep the same flavour of the area and have you split your squad up to do the multiple rooms/ alleys all at the same time.

I would love to explore the dark recesses of our minds....

Actually no need we have Frostball’s weebgachi channel for that. Maybe under water as we got that revamp out of nowhere. Would love to see a gliding/mount themed boss or even.

There’s a high chance it will follow the story in some way so a raid in Elona I would think is on the table.

I'd like a boss where we have to use mounts. Not mounts to get to the boss, not mounts to wander around the area, mounts tied to boss mechanics. More mobile bosses, a boss that runs away and you have to chase, I don't know. Something different than stacking and hitting the boss unless a mechanic forces you to destack just for a few seconds.

As for places, the Cantha imperial palace. A boss inside a beautiful building where we have to move between rooms. Also, an open area like the sea outside of Amnoon.

@nia.4725 said:I'd like a boss where we have to use mounts. Not mounts to get to the boss, not mounts to wander around the area, mounts tied to boss mechanics. More mobile bosses, a boss that runs away and you have to chase, I don't know. Something different than stacking and hitting the boss unless a mechanic forces you to destack just for a few seconds.

As for places, the Cantha imperial palace. A boss inside a beautiful building where we have to move between rooms. Also, an open area like the sea outside of Amnoon.

Something like the beast of valley in Vabbi?

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:I'd like a boss where we have to use mounts. Not mounts to get to the boss, not mounts to wander around the area, mounts tied to boss mechanics. More mobile bosses, a boss that runs away and you have to chase, I don't know. Something different than stacking and hitting the boss unless a mechanic forces you to destack just for a few seconds.

I don't know what you're referring to, can you elaborate? XDD

@nia.4725 said:

Story step when you are chasing the branded devourer while mounted through the Vabbian Terrain.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Story step when you are chasing the branded devourer while mounted through the Vabbian Terrain.

Aaaaaaah not quite but similar. I don't know. Imagine a Xera that faces you until you reach 50% or until X time passes, then she tries to escape to a safer area and you have to chase her. Let's say, that safer area (for her) is very very bad for you, so the more damage you deal to her before she reaches the 2nd area, the less time you'll have to spend in that dangerous zone. I hadn't thought about mixing the "chasing" mechanic with the "mounts" mechanic, but that would be interesting, too. Imagine a boss that would fly (just an example to show the idea) from the Dhuum area to the Eater of Souls area, so you have to use a griffon to get to the boss. Anet could place griffons in the area for those that don't have the mount themselves.

As for the mount mechanic, I imagine something like having to collect some objects that are out of reach (requiring, for example, the springer) or a boss that spawns some mobs that shoot you from an island so you can assign a player to use the skimmer to get there and kill the mobs.

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Aaaaaaah not quite but similar. I don't know. Imagine a Xera that faces you until you reach 50% or until X time passes, then she tries to escape to a safer area and you have to chase her. Let's say, that safer area (for her) is very very bad for you, so the more damage you deal to her before she reaches the 2nd area, the less time you'll have to spend in that dangerous zone. I hadn't thought about mixing the "chasing" mechanic with the "mounts" mechanic, but that would be interesting, too. Imagine a boss that would fly (just an example to show the idea) from the Dhuum area to the Eater of Souls area, so you have to use a griffon to get to the boss. Anet could place griffons in the area for those that don't have the mount themselves.

As for the mount mechanic, I imagine something like having to collect some objects that are out of reach (requiring, for example, the springer) or a boss that spawns some mobs that shoot you from an island so you can assign a player to use the skimmer to get there and kill the mobs.

Yeah I’m sure things like that can be added especially with W5 and beyond being Raids that you must have PoF to even enter.

Archived