New FFA Arena - What were they thinking?

1) The new arena is a little less than twice the size of the old one, thats good - still it gets too crowded. Larger pls!2) You put obstacles in it - bad implementation! Do 4 intact columns in the mid where it is relatively clear if you hit a shot or not. The other ramps, tree bits and stones - thats all unnecessary and makes the experience bad. Problems with teleports, evades, attacks, timing.3) GG DE - now the trolls have got the present of the year: a cliff that kills you. guardian, warrior, ele ... like everyone can push u off the cliff to end a fight or to troll. WHY is there a cliff - why?4) still safe spots.

i can see few improvements. fixing the ones above would be nice. thx , have fun

@Bloadsoaked.6792 said:1) The new arena is a little less than twice the size of the old one, thats good - still it gets too crowded. Larger pls!It's not intended to be another map, just a waiting area - no need to expand. If you find it too crowded, you can always go to a private arena.2) You put obstacles in it - bad implementation! Do 4 intact columns in the mid where it is relatively clear if you hit a shot or not. The other ramps, tree bits and stones - thats all unnecessary and makes the experience bad. Problems with teleports, evades, attacks, timing.There is now a more realistic environment, similar to WvW and sPvP matches - great addition, so much more flavour.3) GG DE - now the trolls have got the present of the year: a cliff that kills you. guardian, warrior, ele ... like everyone can push u off the cliff to end a fight or to troll. WHY is there a cliff - why?This was how it was implemented originally. Avoid the cliff edge if you think you'll get pushed. Overall it's just another danger to look out for which really makes things more interesting..

Overall the new arena is a fantastic improvement. The new layout with flat ground, some elevation and obstacles provides more opportunities for different playstyles.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@"Amarils.8916" said:The only problem i got with it is the spam rev healing . People can now heal gladiator while being safe and invulnerable on the top of pillar

It's nice to have this IMO, since it'll be more realistic having to fight people getting healed.

and a good chance you're also getting just as many heals or boons yourself..

I've been having fun with Mass Invi from Mes, turns a duel into a temporary game of "Marco Polo"

It's a major improvement over the previous one. The old one had zero peel points, no obstacles, and was small enough to push people off the cliff regularly. Those features were giving classes with long range weapons ( Deadeye, LB Ranger ) an unrealistic advantage as that kind of free range hitscan environment doesn't really exist in any conquest map. Even Coliseum has pillars and anti-port jump points. So this new map is way better and much closer to what you may actually encounter in a match.

@Bloadsoaked.6792 said:1) The new arena is a little less than twice the size of the old one, thats good - still it gets too crowded. Larger pls!2) You put obstacles in it - bad implementation! Do 4 intact columns in the mid where it is relatively clear if you hit a shot or not. The other ramps, tree bits and stones - thats all unnecessary and makes the experience bad. Problems with teleports, evades, attacks, timing.3) GG DE - now the trolls have got the present of the year: a cliff that kills you. guardian, warrior, ele ... like everyone can push u off the cliff to end a fight or to troll. WHY is there a cliff - why?4) still safe spots.

No...I don't think there are safe spots. I think the mechanics of the arena have changed. When you end some one you come out of combat instantly. Running around to the sides...still puts you in combat...so.

Obstacles are good. It's more representative of what is in an actual arena. same as with ramps.

The cliff is perfect. It's the way it should be so trash players stop getting free ports. Just like Soul Calibur. You come out of the ring it's over. You lose.If you are standing by the edge idling you deserved to be knocked off. Not sure why everyone wants to IDLE in the arena...go to LA if you just want to stand around.

Again, I am pretty sure there are no safe spots. yeah there are corners you can duck around but you are still IN COMBAT.

I haven't spent much time in it, but I can tell that it's way better. The previous version was crowded and no fun to deal with ranged classes at all. The only thing I'd recommend they change is making it so that people standing on top of the pillars are considered in the arena too.

@"Bloadsoaked.6792" said:1) The new arena is a little less than twice the size of the old one, thats good - still it gets too crowded. Larger pls!2) You put obstacles in it - bad implementation! Do 4 intact columns in the mid where it is relatively clear if you hit a shot or not. The other ramps, tree bits and stones - thats all unnecessary and makes the experience bad. Problems with teleports, evades, attacks, timing.3) GG DE - now the trolls have got the present of the year: a cliff that kills you. guardian, warrior, ele ... like everyone can push u off the cliff to end a fight or to troll. WHY is there a cliff - why?4) still safe spots.

Aw man, people like you are the reason why they ruined Skyhammer...1) When the novelty ends it'll be less crowded.2) Obstacles are a good thing, allows for fights to be somewhat segregated, allowing for people that actually wants to fight others to control their targets.3) Positioning is an important factor in fights, learn to use it and you won't die to the cliffs, or be encumbered with obstacles. No ACTUAL pvp map will be a open arena.4) Depending on the nature of the spot (if it prevents you from fighting or not) it's a good thing. Remember the FFA is just something the devs gave the Lobby for the fun of it, it's not a game mode.

With feedback like that it's no wonder that sPvP is the crap it is now.But i'll tell you what they were thinking: "PvP is so down the toilet i don't know where to begin, so lets justify some man-hours fixing this semi-popular aspect of an otherwise unimportant gimmick we added a few months ago".

@Vagrant.7206 said:I haven't spent much time in it, but I can tell that it's way better. The previous version was crowded and no fun to deal with ranged classes at all. The only thing I'd recommend they change is making it so that people standing on top of the pillars are considered in the arena too.

So Rangers can pew pew Warriors or any class not packing range?

Archived