Warr hitting through distortion?

Vague Memory.2817

if you ever played a war you will know they have a few attacks that are unblockable if speced right so that is what they used to kill you. also the question is did they wait a few second to attack or was it just constint becosue the waiting is them geting time to shater the distortion. when you play you have to know what your fighting and what is thare build and how skilled are they and you then push on the weakpoints of the player so that is all i have to say.

@Belishine.7493 said:if you ever played a war you will know they have a few attacks that are unblockable if speced right so that is what they used to kill you. also the question is did they wait a few second to attack or was it just constint becosue the waiting is them geting time to shater the distortion. when you play you have to know what your fighting and what is thare build and how skilled are they and you then push on the weakpoints of the player so that is all i have to say.

That's not how distortion works.

Distortion isn't blocking, and it isn't evade as its description lies.Distortion makes you Invulnerable.The only things that can hit you while invulnerable other than conditions already on you are a few environmental effects and boss attacks that hit absolutely anything.

And now that I think of it, they need to stop the damage from conditions while invulnerable too. Instead ticking while you are invulnerable, they should make it so they freeze until invulnerability is over, then once it's over they continue for the full time they had before invulnerability was applied. So invulnerability always offers a respite against any damage and a way to buy some time, but not a way to wait out the conditions until they are over, since that's Resistance's job.

distortion is a timed evade/block/phase that make you feel inval but not. its still a timed thing like 3 sec. so with that if someone knowing your about to distort then not attack you for 3 sec then it can feel like they hit right though you and if you have condi on you you still take the condi damage from it. also if you know someone is useing unblockable attacks then they still hit you anyway so this info on distortion is nixed. that is a full detail of how it realy works.

No, the OP's is right. But i've seen this problem for ever. Always thought it was lag as well but i can assure you it's not. Warrior damage does goes thru Distortion witch should not be. Threw blocs yes. But Not distortion. It's a bug that always been there but never adressed.

@Belishine.7493 said:distortion is a timed evade/block/phase that make you feel inval but not. its still a timed thing like 3 sec. so with that if someone knowing your about to distort then not attack you for 3 sec then it can feel like they hit right though you and if you have condi on you you still take the condi damage from it. also if you know someone is useing unblockable attacks then they still hit you anyway so this info on distortion is nixed. that is a full detail of how it realy works.

No, you're completely wrong and clearly have no idea how it works.

Distortion causes an effect called invulnerable. Invulnerable means that any incoming attacks are completely nullfied. They will not apply damage, conditions, or cc. This cannot be bypassed in any way, shape, or form by players. The only effects that bypass invulnerability are some environmental hazards and some raid boss attacks. The only damage you can take while invulnerable are already applied conditions, which will continue to tick during the duration.

The duration of distortion depends on the source. Distortion from the signet trait lasts 1 second per signet used. Distortion from the shatter lasts a base duration of 1 second plus 1 second for any clone shattered to the obvious maximum of 4 seconds.

It's worth noting that the effect applied by blurred frenzy has the same icon but is a unique effect called 'blur'. Blur is an evade, not invulnerability.

No, you're completely wrong and clearly have no idea how it works.

Distortion causes an effect called invulnerable. Invulnerable means that any incoming attacks are completely nullfied. They will not apply damage, conditions, or cc. This cannot be bypassed in any way, shape, or form by players. The only effects that bypass invulnerability are some environmental hazards and some raid boss attacks. The only damage you can take while invulnerable are already applied conditions, which will continue to tick during the duration.

The duration of distortion depends on the source. Distortion from the signet trait lasts 1 second per signet used. Distortion from the shatter lasts a base duration of 1 second plus 1 second for any clone shattered to the obvious maximum of 4 seconds.

It's worth noting that the effect applied by blurred frenzy has the same icon but is a unique effect called 'blur'. Blur is an evade, not invulnerability.

lol you are trying to troll now i see and you have no idea of how this realy works becouse it works the same way as blurr and mirage and distortion are all the same skill with a differant name same effect. i will say it so you know distortion is by definition of the game a 3 second evade/ block/ phase skill this means its a defencive skill to try to midagate damage from anything but you are not invulnerable. henc when you use it you can be hit with the unblockable attack when useing it and thare is no way you can just say that is now how it works becosue that is how it works and you just want to be a perma god and everything need balance. i have been playing mes for like 4 years so i do know how this works.

@Belishine.7493 said:i have been playing mes for like 4 years so i do know how this works.

That's cute, I've been playing since launch and am widely regarded as one of the most knowledgeable players in the game with respect to mesmer mechanics.

@Belishine.7493 said:you have no idea of how this realy works becouse it works the same way as blurr and mirage and distortion are all the same skill with a differant name same effect. i will say it so you know distortion is by definition of the game a 3 second evade/ block/ phase skill this means its a defencive skill to try to midagate damage from anything but you are not invulnerable.

Really, lets see what the wiki says: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distortion

"Unlike Blur, the Distortion effect actually grants Invulnerability."

Huh, how about that? The effect actually grants invulnerability! Who would have known!? Oh, that's right, me. How about blur then: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blur

"Blur is an effect applied by certain skills that makes the player evade attacks."

Oh, that's funny, that's exactly what I said. Weird, right?

@Belishine.7493 said:henc when you use it you can be hit with the unblockable attack when useing it and thare is no way you can just say that is now how it works becosue that is how it works and you just want to be a perma god and everything need balance.

Hmm, lets see what the wiki says: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability

"Invulnerability is an effect that prevents the target from taking damage, receiving conditions, or being affected by control effects."

Oh, that's exactly what I said again! Strange how it turns out that I actually know what I'm talking about, isn't it?

@Belishine.7493 said:then explane this to me if i use distortion and my friends use rev with unblockable attacks then whey do i still take damage then? it means that its not invalarable its like a evade but yet you still dont know the real macanics at all LOL. peace out troll.

Record your gameplay, and how this is happening to you.Otherwise I and others are going to be inclined to believe the person that is actually posting facts to back up their claims.

Record a vid of a few test where you are being hit through Invuln, because you may be the only person in the game to be experiencing a class breaking bug.

@Atticus.7194 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:Probably clientside lag. The server didn't hear you saying distortion.

it's 1000% this, I normally play spellbreaker and just had shatters and attacks go right through shield block and endure pain.

Can confirm; I primarily play guard and have had probably 5 or so incidents over the past couple years where lag in wvw managed to get me killed by mesmer shatters while I was channeling Renewed focus (evident by it being on CD after I respawned).

I've been having issues getting solid stomps on guards with distortion recently. I don't know the cause, but I was distorting when the knock back occurred. It happened maybe three times in two matches? But it might very well be lag.

Edit: I went ahead and tested this in the mists. Had a friend simulate the situations with me. Everything worked as it should. I would say it was likely lag or user error.

Archived