LongBow AA hack or legit?

urdriel.8496

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@urdriel.8496 said:14k each AA.cheesy build or cheesy hack?

Pretty much can't be a hack; damage is processed on the server, and the generated damage events that you see in your log come from something created by the server, not directly from anything another client sends to the server.

So... if it is a hack, they hacked the ANet instance server. Which is ... unlikely, shall we say?

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Pretty much can't be a hack; damage is processed on the server, and the generated damage events that you see in your log come from something created by the server, not directly from anything another client sends to the server.

So... if it is a hack, they hacked the ANet instance server. Which is ... unlikely, shall we say?

there is hack that make you able to teleport while in downed state, so.... seems that they hacked Anet Server xDI only want to know if there is some kind of ranger build able to deliver that amount of damage.

This is perplexing.

On one hand, it is definitely possible to crit for 7-8k on long range shot .. possibly even more if certain modifiers are in place. I see it pretty often in WvW. You can also get 40k+ quickness-unblockable rapid fires from near 2k range. It's pretty insane.

On the other hand, both players pretty much need to be full glass for this to happen. The opposing player would have to dedicate everything in their build to achieving this cheese, and you would have to be full glass yourself, or at least have no toughness.

.. which is why it's confusing that you are critting them for ~3k on Long Range Shot. Either you are not as glassy as you need to be to be taking that much damage, or they are tankier than they should be to be doing that much damage to you..

Edit: oh, never mind. I see you are attacking a different player than the one pew pew-ing you.

In any case, that's pretty ridiculous. No one should be able to 1-shot people with a single autoattack.

@urdriel.8496 said:

there is hack that make you able to teleport while in downed state, so.... seems that they hacked Anet Server xDI only want to know if there is some kind of ranger build able to deliver that amount of damage.

Nah, the client is unfortunately more trusted than it should be regarding player movement, which is also how teleports, speed hacks, passing through walls, etc, happen. We know from discussions between Chris and DeltaConnected regarding ArcDPS that there is an extra simulation step run on the server between client-submitted actions and client-visible damage numbers.

So, while I clearly can't tell you what the build is, I can say that it is highly unlikely to be a client-side hack based on what we know about the GW2 architecture.

@Majirah.5089 said:In wvw my longbow autos often are 7-9k. Though highest I’ve gotten was 9.5k with sic’em in beast mode. I am in full zerker when I do that. Almost 15k on a longbow auto is pretty high though. Wonder what I need to change to get up to 15k.

Are 25 vuln on target, and/or 25 might on attacker, included in that? Either of those can significantly increase damage output.

@urdriel.8496 said:

Movement is processed locally to avoid deaths by latency. So it can be hacked. The client processes movement and updates the server as it goes.Combat is mostly processed on the server (the client gets the orders you wanna give the character and sends it to the server, then gets the result from there), so that, for example when multiple people are attacking the same target, they all have the same numbers, if it was processed locally they would have to update their maths to the server constantly which then would have to piece it out and send it back... Basically a mess.Anyhow, because the damage is calculated remotely, it can't be hacked, unless like he said, they hack the server itself.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Majirah.5089 said:In wvw my longbow autos often are 7-9k. Though highest I’ve gotten was 9.5k with sic’em in beast mode. I am in full zerker when I do that. Almost 15k on a longbow auto is pretty high though. Wonder what I need to change to get up to 15k.

Are 25 vuln on target, and/or 25 might on attacker, included in that? Either of those can significantly increase damage output.

dunno about 25 might on him, i didnt have 25 vuln on me xD

@urdriel.8496 said:

Position is fed by the client.Damage is calculated at the server.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Probably have 10 vuln from rapid fire. Maybe a few stacks of might. Definitely not 25 of each though when I get my 7-9k autos.

Perhaps that’s the difference. My targets are just usually dead before I can build up full stacks of might and vuln.

Well anybody here more proficient at the games math on the fly, what would this come out to:

• Full Ascended Zerk
  • Scholar Runes - 10%
  • Force Sigil - 5%
  • Marksmanship with Farsighted - 15%
  • Furious Strength - 7%
  • Twice as Vicious - 5%
  • Oppressive Superiority - 10%
  • Signet of the Wild - 180 Ferocity
  • Vicious Quarry - 250 Ferocity
  • Sic' Em - 25%
  • Ferocious Pet - 200 Power, 100 Ferocity
  • 25 might

Not to say it's going to achieve 14k hits, but a setup like this has to be hitting like a truck.

@jcbroe.4329 said:Well anybody here more proficient at the games math on the fly, what would this come out to:

• Full Ascended Zerk
  • Scholar Runes - 10%
  • Force Sigil - 5%
  • Furious Strength - 7%
  • Twice as Vicious - 5%
  • Signet of the Wild - 250 Ferocity
  • Sic' Em - 25%
  • 25 might

Not to say it's going to achieve 14k hits, but a setup like this has to be hitting like a truck.

Sotw is 180 ferocity.

@jcbroe.4329 said:Well anybody here more proficient at the games math on the fly, what would this come out to:

• Full Ascended Zerk
  • Scholar Runes - 10%
  • Force Sigil - 5%
  • Furious Strength - 7%
  • Twice as Vicious - 5%
  • Sic' Em - 25%
  • 25 might

Isn't Sic' Em 40%?

Also if they are running Great Sword, they can get another 25% if they buffer with Maul before attacking with Long Bow;however, that's only valid for the next attack, so granted it's not valid for the following Long Ranged Shot.

Regarding if they were running Predators Onslaught or not, I tested it a while back, and it never seemed to do more damage. I tested over and over for about 30 minutes with another ranger, and we both came to the conclusion that it was broken. I dunno if they've fixed it or not, but we tested it with Ancient Seeds and a few other conditions that would proc the extra 15%.

@Nikon.3921 said:

• Full Ascended Zerk
  • Scholar Runes - 10%
  • Force Sigil - 5%
  • Furious Strength - 7%
  • Twice as Vicious - 5%
  • Sic' Em - 25%
  • 25 might

Isn't Sic' Em 40%?

Also if they are running Great Sword, they can get another 25% if they buffer with Maul before attacking with Long Bow;however, that's only valid for the next attack, so granted it's not valid for the following Long Ranged Shot.

Regarding if they were running Predators Onslaught or not, I tested it a while back, and it never seemed to do more damage. I tested over and over for about 30 minutes with another ranger, and we both came to the conclusion that it was broken. I dunno if they've fixed it or not, but we tested it with Ancient Seeds and a few other conditions that would proc the extra 15%.

Sick'em is only 25% after merging. 14k is possible with might and much more lower requirements if the soulbeast had Beastmastery trait line (sacrificing survival/skirmishing). With extra stats gained after merging with Pet Alpha, Potent Ally (gain might with crits; 3-4 stacks on avg) and Loud Whistle. All I can say is it's possible to achieve the dmg, but personally I made a variant build that suites me better (roaming purpose) :smiley:.

Edit : What jcbroe.4329 said and in addition with conditions met. (being full glass cannon both side, range distance, skills triggered etc).

I remember this one in the old forums about Bearbows.

You can already do 11k autos with a Core Ranger (they did take away Signet of the Wild damage increase) but the modifiers have changed and arguably become more powerful since then.

He/she had Force (+5%), Scholar (+10%), Steady Focus (+10% at full stamina, precursor of Farsighted), Signet of the Hunt - Attack of Opportunity (+50%), Signet of the Wild - Enlarged (+25%)...Might Stacks and Vuln aren't full in the video.Food (+100 Power, +70 Ferocity), Bloodlust (+250 Power), Sharpening Stone (+137 Power) to a total of 2859 Power and 237.33% Critical Damage.

even with all the buffs/traits a ranger could have, the power coef of LB AA is too low (950 damage with 3k power ,max distance), he did a 4k per hit barrage before that, a shame i dont have any Screenshoot of that......i will try to mimic that damage today in the guild golem but, i really doubt i would reach 14k auto, even with all buff and debuffs.

@Aomine.5012 said:

• Full Ascended Zerk
  • Scholar Runes - 10%
  • Force Sigil - 5%
  • Furious Strength - 7%
  • Twice as Vicious - 5%
  • Sic' Em - 25%
  • 25 might

Sotw is 180 ferocity.

Whoops, thanks. Fixed.

• Full Ascended Zerk
  • Scholar Runes - 10%
  • Force Sigil - 5%
  • Furious Strength - 7%
  • Twice as Vicious - 5%
  • Signet of the Wild - 180 Ferocity
  • Sic' Em - 25%
  • 25 might

Taking into Account, that Sic'Em Apperently is fixed and now really gives 40% dmg (didn't check, picked it up somewhere), and i choose BM Loud Whistle + stat traits over Skirmishing, now that it's fixed. With Bloodlust and Might you achieve 4115 power and 250% critdmg (Scholar, Signet of the wild, full zerk melded with smokescale).Lb crit on another zerker ranger would be about 4772 on a max-role (NO modifiers included)

4772 1,1(Scholar) 1,05(Force) 1,15(MM+FS) 1,25(Remorseless) 1,07(Furious Strength) 1,05(Twice as Vicious) 1,1 (OS) 1,4(Sic'Em) * 1,1 (Loud Whistle) = 15 080 dmgAdd Sigil of Night and you're at 16587. :>So... i think it is possible?In case it was before the Sic'em fix: 14 809 WITH sigil of Night

Archived