Are we gonna talk about Mirage?

EvilSardine.9635

This is insane. I just came back to the game and saw countless mirage builds running around and I swore there had to be some sort of bug or exploit due to how broken it seemed.

I made a mirage and was blown away that this is even in the game. What on earth was Anet thinking? Do they not play their game? The amount of clone spam and condis being thrown around during a fight is crazy. The escapes I had were absurd and I was untouchable. It was honestly silly how effective I was with such minimal effort even being new to the spec/class.

Any word if this is going to get balanced? Don't even get me started on condi mirage either.....that's just some sort of April fools joke that hasn't been patched out yet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since PoF release I've met two mirages I can really remember as a major threat to the point I just couldnt beat them one on one. That's just barely matched by the amount of good sword/sword revs I've met.

I dont have enough hands or feet to count the amount of cheese thieves, immortal spellbreakers, faceroll condi womit scourges, superbunker stealth druids or firebrands going 0-100 hp every time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Since PoF release I've met two mirages I can really remember as a major threat to the point I just couldnt beat them one on one. That's just barely matched by the amount of good sword/sword revs I've met.

I dont have enough hands or feet to count the amount of cheese thieves, immortal spellbreakers, faceroll condi womit scourges, superbunker stealth druids or firebrands going 0-100 hp every time.

This

You wouldn't like how many builds I have for power/hybrid/condi just for mirage, and that's not counting on the ones I have for chrono and core too :oAnyway, I don't think it's a bad thing to bring up in the wvw forum, but should also make a post in the mesmer forums as there is also ongoing ones about the current balance changes. I remember when PoF first dropped, and also during beta all I heard were complaints that mirage was bad, but I saw the opposite of that and it's potential [and horror]. Right now I've used my mes less frequently because it isn't as challenging [and some might say overperforming], so I've focused more on practising other classes and coming up with different builds in the meantime.

Mirage is insanely OP, and of course every time someone points out how ridiculous they are, the people who main mirage swoop in to defend their OP class. Anyone who doesn't think mirage is in serious need of nerfing is either blind or just wants to keep their main as OP as possible.

i was maining mes for like 3 years so it was a fun class untill the last update to mes. befor the update for mes you need to be skilled with mes to pull stuff off and be a high threat. now its like puting god mode on and saying come get me and you can kill 5 players with one shater its just not fun any more for wvw or pvp content. they realy need to fix mes to a more skilled playstyle so its more properly balanced and more ingaging compared to doing gs 4 2 and f1 and seeing everything in like 2 sec.

If you wanna complain about class stuff specific to wvw then by all means, like the mesmer pull being discussed in another thread, and often we'll get the usual stealth discussions.

If you want to just rant about a class in general then you should take it to the class specific forums. Mesmers got an overhaul to their phantasmals/clones system, and they also just got hit with nerfs in power to four of their phantasmals yesterday. Firebrands and Scourges also deemed op also got nerfs over time, anet works really slow in fixing stuff.

People will always defend "their" class, doesn't matter which class it is.

Getting shut down by a Mirage sucked. It happened for a few hours. When caught off guard with a group you have a chance. But the second the Mirage came for me and the group I was with, we turned around because we didn't want to fight that. After several failed attempts to avoid as a group I went solo and roamed for the rest of my pip track away from the mirage.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Getting shut down by a Mirage sucked. It happened for a few hours. When caught off guard with a group you have a chance. But the second the Mirage came for me and the group I was with, we turned around because we didn't want to fight that. After several failed attempts to avoid as a group I went solo and roamed for the rest of my pip track away from the mirage.

Thats an acceptable way to solve the issue.

I do the same against spellbreakers.

@EvilSardine.9635 said:This is insane. I just came back to the game and saw countless mirage builds running around and I swore there had to be some sort of bug or exploit due to how broken it seemed.

I made a mirage and was blown away that this is even in the game. What on earth was Anet thinking? Do they not play their game? The amount of clone spam and condis being thrown around during a fight is crazy. The escapes I had were absurd and I was untouchable. It was honestly silly how effective I was with such minimal effort even being new to the spec/class.

Any word if this is going to get balanced? Don't even get me started on condi mirage either.....that's just some sort of April fools joke that hasn't been patched out yet.

This mainly a game to leech from bad design to farm titles, Anet wont nerf or fix until theres a ton of complains about some design that was ment to carry most players.Gw2 was never a good game to (serious pvp players)pvp, and hardly will be.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Getting shut down by a Mirage sucked. It happened for a few hours. When caught off guard with a group you have a chance. But the second the Mirage came for me and the group I was with, we turned around because we didn't want to fight that. After several failed attempts to avoid as a group I went solo and roamed for the rest of my pip track away from the mirage.

I think even more people do that with scourges and spellbreakers :p

@Belishine.7493 said:i was maining mes for like 3 years so it was a fun class untill the last update to mes. befor the update for mes you need to be skilled with mes to pull stuff off and be a high threat. now its like puting god mode on and saying come get me and you can kill 5 players with one shater its just not fun any more for wvw or pvp content. they realy need to fix mes to a more skilled playstyle so its more properly balanced and more ingaging compared to doing gs 4 2 and f1 and seeing everything in like 2 sec.

Like Pre Stealth Nerf PU Mes took skill 1v4ing - 1v6ing.

@Oozo.7856 said:I disagree somewhat. GW2 has never been a good 1v1 or 2v2 game, but it has been a good 3v3-5v5 game. Things started to go downhill with HoT.

Indeed. Our guild did many 5v5s against other guilds. Could you imagine doing that now? The fights would just be scourges , unkillable firebrands, braindead mirages, braindead spellbreakers. It really did go downhill after HOT.

Mirage, though, is truly on a whole different level. It's the best class/spec hands down for roaming in WvW. Completely OP and has zero risk when playing it.

@Belishine.7493 said:i was maining mes for like 3 years so it was a fun class untill the last update to mes. befor the update for mes you need to be skilled with mes to pull stuff off and be a high threat. now its like puting god mode on and saying come get me and you can kill 5 players with one shater its just not fun any more for wvw or pvp content. they realy need to fix mes to a more skilled playstyle so its more properly balanced and more ingaging compared to doing gs 4 2 and f1 and seeing everything in like 2 sec.

Yeah I retired mine. It was making me better - if anything it was leading to poor habits.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

People run away from a solo scourge?

@Dralor.3701 said:

People run away from a solo scourge?More like walk due to constant fear and slow.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

People run away from a solo scourge?More like walk due to constant fear and slow.

what exactly u play ? from what u write here... u got pretty owned by each roaming build.

And if you got owned by solo scourge... its something wrong on your side, or you play revenant.

@intox.6347 said:

what exactly u play ? from what u write here... u got pretty owned by each roaming build.

And if you got owned by solo scourge... its something wrong on your side, or you play revenant.

I am curious about the reasoning behind your preconceptions from the given information in my posts.

If you are implying that there cant possibly be better players than me regardless of what class I play, its unfortunetly inaccurate.

Or if you are implying all scourges running solo have the intelligence of cockroaches and dont know what end of the staff they need to use when condi bombing because there are no good players on scourge, I think it would also be inaccurate.

@intox.6347 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Getting shut down by a Mirage sucked. It happened for a few hours. When caught off guard with a group you have a chance. But the second the Mirage came for me and the group I was with, we turned around because we didn't want to fight that. After several failed attempts to avoid as a group I went solo and roamed for the rest of my pip track away from the mirage.

He mains a mesmer and is constantly defending it in any thread calling them OP, often deflecting the "OP" claim to other classes like scourge or spellbreaker.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Getting shut down by a Mirage sucked. It happened for a few hours. When caught off guard with a group you have a chance. But the second the Mirage came for me and the group I was with, we turned around because we didn't want to fight that. After several failed attempts to avoid as a group I went solo and roamed for the rest of my pip track away from the mirage.

I am curious about the reasoning behind your preconceptions from the given information in my posts.

If you are implying that there cant possibly be better players than me regardless of what class I play, its unfortunetly inaccurate.

Or if you are implying all scourges running solo have the intelligence of cockroaches and dont know what end of the staff they need to use when condi bombing because there are no good players on scourge, I think it would also be inaccurate.

Ok i get it. You play mirage so your look at situation is that mesmer is strong . Mostly i met other ppl whining about all that builds built to roam.

Mirage is on top of roaming ladder no matter what.... and im roaming a lot (im mostly just in wvw) and for all that long time i met only one good scourge... from what he does... he was build around mixed grieving viper maybe some carrion ...

Most of them are just "ah enemy i put everything i have as fast as i can" keyspam fury.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

He mains a mesmer and is constantly defending it in any thread calling them OP, often deflecting the "OP" claim to other classes like scourge or spellbreaker.

Which scourge and spellbreaker mains instantly deflect since their class is oh so weak.

WvW isnt balanced around duels. Mesmer as a class is a strong duelist true and its been that since the launch of the game. But you know what really wins fights? Good players. Bad players even on mirages get beaten down into the ground. If a person automatically become a better player on a mesmer... well there you go.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Which scourge and spellbreaker mains instantly deflect since their class is oh so weak.

WvW isnt balanced around duels. Mesmer as a class is a strong duelist true and its been that since the launch of the game. But you know what really wins fights? Good players. Bad players even on mirages get beaten down into the ground. If a person automatically become a better player on a mesmer... well there you go.

I don’t think any sb or scourge said their class is weak, mesmer is currently just infinitely better.

Game def shouldn’t be balanced around duels but at the same time we should not see the current disparity between classes.

Archived