WvW mastery bug

So I noticed that masteries that I have fully mastered on one toon are getting carried over to other toons that don't have the masteries. I tested this by taking a toon with out any points assigned in to WvW and they could us the masteries from other toons.

Please fix it soon it provides an unfair advantage to ppl who have not put the time into WvW. If they have multiple toons they can master one mastery on each an get the bonus for all their toons.

If someone else would test this that would be awesome so that I know it is not just happening to me.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:So I noticed that masteries that I have fully mastered on one toon are getting carried over to other toons that don't have the masteries. I tested this by taking a toon with out any points assigned in to WvW and they could us the masteries from other toons.

Like most other progression in GW2, they are account-wide. This is by design: ANet think of the person playing the game as having earned those rewards, not the individual character. (There are some cases where progression is character-bound, but they are generally the exception, not the rule.)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:So I noticed that masteries that I have fully mastered on one toon are getting carried over to other toons that don't have the masteries. I tested this by taking a toon with out any points assigned in to WvW and they could us the masteries from other toons.

Like most other progression in GW2, they are account-wide. This is by design: ANet think of the person playing the game as having earned those rewards, not the individual character. (There are some cases where progression is character-bound, but they are generally the exception, not the rule.)

Are you sure? I never noticed this before.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

Well, I certainly was before you asked that! ;)

I'm pretty sure that has been the case for quite some time now, though I don't know if it was different at launch; I didn't join for a little while after the game came out of beta. Anyway, if I'm wrong, and I'll own that I could be, I'm sure someone will shortly be along with the correct information.

In order for other people to test you would need to give an accurate description first. What you have given is a bit too general.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

That is true for Masteries but not WXP abilities. The ability points are shared but the abilities themselves depend on what is set on each character.

I just checked the Provisions Master's last ability and OP's claim is definitely not true for that. I have one character with that allocated and unallocated on the rest. A character that doesn't have it allocated is unable to purchase the things that the ability allows.

I've also thrown myself off a cliff once or twice because I forgot to set gliding on a new character. Same with the autoloot ability.

@Khisanth.2948 said:In order for other people to test you would need to give an accurate description first. What you have given is a bit too general.

That is true for Masteries but not WXP abilities. The ability points are shared but the abilities themselves depend on what is set on each character.

I just checked the Provisions Master's last ability and OP's claim is definitely not true for that. I have one character with that allocated and unallocated on the rest. A character that doesn't have it allocated is unable to purchase the things that the ability allows.

I've also thrown myself off a cliff once or twice because I forgot to set gliding on a new character. Same with the autoloot ability.

Hmmmm why is it doing it go my toons?

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:In order for other people to test you would need to give an accurate description first. What you have given is a bit too general.

Hmmmm why is it doing it go my toons?

Well maybe you have trained the same wvw mastries on all your toons?I have diffrent on each always provision master full tho 1 with catapult mastery and another one who have ram mastery so quite positive that it dont carry over.

I can say that on an alt who has not stepped foot into WvW until now, I do not have any of my WvW skills from alts. I do have all of the same points available to spend of course, but that is normal. I did not have any of the WvW skills maxed out, but some are close.

Curious if it only worked when you had a skill maxed, I logged onto a character and maxed out the Provisions line, then logged onto a character who frequents WvW. It was not maxed nor could I access the HoT tab of the vendor. I logged onto a character who never stepped foot in WvW and it was still not maxed nor could I access the vendor.

The bug doesn't seem to affect me. Do you have extra points to spend on the characters the WvW bonuses carried over to? Is it possible you upgraded them in the past and simply forgot? Does it affect every character on your account or just one?

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

Mastery points are account-wide, not by individual character.

Archived