Guardian Shout 'Save Yourselves'

Texas.4861

This shot does not really do what it should 'Draw conditions from nearby allies to yourself. Gain multiple boons for a short duration.' While it may draw conditions from other players, the only one you are really saving is 'yourself' as it applies no boons to other players as it should. Was it nerfed as I know they're is a guardian specialization that heals you the more boons you apply to others. It should then be renamed 'Good Luck I'm Out of Here'

@"Texas.4861" said:This shot does not really do what it should 'Draw conditions from nearby allies to yourself. Gain multiple boons for a short duration.' While it may draw conditions from other players, the only one you are really saving is 'yourself' as it applies no boons to other players as it should. Was it nerfed as I know they're is a guardian specialization that heals you the more boons you apply to others. It should then be renamed 'Good Luck I'm Out of Here'

It never did or was meant to give boons to others. It's like it says "Gain multiple boons" as in YOU gain. Not the allies.They save themselves by having the conditions removed, and you buff yourself to hold the rear.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"Texas.4861" said:This shot does not really do what it should 'Draw conditions from nearby allies to yourself. Gain multiple boons for a short duration.' While it may draw conditions from other players, the only one you are really saving is 'yourself' as it applies no boons to other players as it should. Was it nerfed as I know they're is a guardian specialization that heals you the more boons you apply to others. It should then be renamed 'Good Luck I'm Out of Here'

It never did or was meant to give boons to others. It's like it says "Gain multiple boons" as in YOU gain. Not the allies.They save themselves by having the conditions removed, and you buff yourself to hold the rear.

I read it as "save yourselves, by escaping the danger zone, as I throw my self on this grenade pile of conditions for you, sacrificing my life for yours!!!"

That'd fit with the usual use of this trope in, for example, movies, and war or fantasy novels.

In practical terms, though, it should be renamed to "Run Away!", and given the Monty Python voice:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

I read it as "save yourselves, by escaping the danger zone, as I throw my self on this
grenade
pile of conditions for you, sacrificing my life for yours!!!"

That'd fit with the usual use of this trope in, for example, movies, and war or fantasy novels.

In practical terms, though, it should be renamed to "Run Away!", and given the Monty Python voice:

When you go to pvp, and there's a enemy scourge bombing you with condis and a Guardian uses that. Tell me he didn't jump on that grenade. I used to do this a lot, to cleanse with Contemplation of Purity or smite conditions. Back when S/F MediGuardian was meta.Nowadays people are too used to Firebrands and druids and fail to appreciate how good some skills are.

Eggcellent analogy, and those Rabbits in Drakkar Lake were terrible.

I always think of that when I have Grawl do their "friendly rabbit" thing, where it comes and messes you up.

I once loaded up a DH with condi and his frand guard cast Save Yourselves. With no cleanse. I was like, oh he died, and then kept fighting.

But a good guard will save a cleanse and use it to boost his teammates survival. Really solid ability when used correctly.

I always wondered, if you would use "Save yourselves!" and immediately use "Contemplation of Purity" in the middle of a team fight in PvP, would it still kill you if the enemy team has scourge, condi thief, mirage etc? Assuming you yourself not standing in the scourges poo or not even being focused.

The thematic idea behind the skill, as is implied by the name "Save yourselves" is that the guardian is sacrificing himself so that his allies can escape or survive. The idea is that you'd remove dangerous conditions from your allies, while also empowering yourself, so you can remain behind and hold back the enemies longer while your allies regroup. You could think of it as a heroic last stand , if you were to fit the theme into a narrative perspective, but it would be meaningless last stand if you died in 1 second and your allies got caught anyway, hence the hefty self buff.

@"FyzE.3472" said:I always wondered, if you would use "Save yourselves!" and immediately use "Contemplation of Purity" in the middle of a team fight in PvP, would it still kill you if the enemy team has scourge, condi thief, mirage etc? Assuming you yourself not standing in the scourges poo or not even being focused.

Well, the skill has 1,5 seconds of Resistance. So no, it wouldn't be instantly fatal.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Well, the skill has 1,5 seconds of Resistance. So no, it wouldn't be instantly fatal.Funny enough it didn't always give you Resistance that came well after the release of HoT and the Revenant which was where the class that first had Resistance appeared. Guardians didn't get any skills with Resistance until May 16 2017 well after it was made available to other classes( Mesmer June 2015, Warrior Jan 2016). I never did understand why they dragged their feet on applying it to this skill right off because before it was applied using this skill in a heavy Condition situation with even a slight delay(or no delay sometimes) was a fast way downed or dead.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Texas.4861" said:While it may draw conditions from other players, the only one you are really saving is 'yourself' as it applies no boons to other players as it should. Was it nerfed as I know they're is a guardian specialization that heals you the more boons you apply to others. It should then be renamed 'Good Luck I'm Out of Here'

No, you just clearly misunderstood this ability. It is not called "I'm saving you", it's called "Save yourselves!". As in, run you fools, while I try to buy some time. It's literally the Gandalf vs Balrog scene. You take their conditions onto yourself so that they may be safe. You then gain boons in order to stand up to the fight, it's not meant to boost your allies to stand with you.

• 1 month later...

Archived