What is the Ashford Ghost? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is the Ashford Ghost?

In pre searing, when standing outside Asford Abbey (lakeside county) there is an untargetable npc ritualist looking spirit. When you go into Ashford Abbey it's not there. Sometimes it spwans with a monk focus item.

The prima guide listed it as Haunting Spectre,
Category: Ghost
Profession: Mk (monk)
Level: 0
AL (Armor Rating): 150
Description: D.Ar ( key says these are drop items, dye and armor)

Judging by it's location, it's species, it's low level and it's stupid high armor rating my guess is that it was part of an introduction to smite skills and more generally, both armor ignoring damage and 2x holy damage properties. Or that it was Baby Mragga.

Please help with any information that you can so I can update gw1 wiki.

Thank you ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
Make me good at game!

Tagged:

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Joe Kimmes.1357 said:
    You know, everyone's always like "what is this ghost?!" but very few players point out that the so-called 'Brother Mhenlo' visible inside the Abbey from the outside has a completely different model than normal. Even from a distance, you can tell his pants have a very different pattern.

I've looked up the Haunting Spectre in the past, and the game has no details or scripts for it. Without finding the original designer who spawned the map, I'm afraid I can only guess blindly - it could be a vestigial piece of cut content, or simply flavor for the graveyard.

Or, the game is HAUNTED.

Now I'm not sure who is more haunted trolled by this Spectre, the players or the devs ;-)

Make me good at game!

• Ra Ra.9423Ra Ra.9423 Member ✭✭

Another 'ghost' is the one in FoW, out on the beach (I can't remember his name). He has no dialogue. He's just there... watching. A spy for Menzies? A watcher for Balthazar? scary!

Admitted Alt-aholic
    Darkhaven, Asuran Gaters[ZPM]

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018

@Joe Kimmes.1357 said:
    You know, everyone's always like "what is this ghost?!" but very few players point out that the so-called 'Brother Mhenlo' visible inside the Abbey from the outside has a completely different model than normal. Even from a distance, you can tell his pants have a very different pattern.

I had always thought that his model was just swapped with Meerak, and that this was just a bug of model/name assignment. Models are fairly close to each other.

@Ra Ra.9423 said:
    Another 'ghost' is the one in FoW, out on the beach (I can't remember his name). He has no dialogue. He's just there... watching. A spy for Menzies? A watcher for Balthazar? scary!

Admiral Saidon the Eternal was given dialogue at some unclear point in time.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Joe Kimmes.1357 said:

I've looked up the Haunting Spectre in the past, and the game has no details or scripts for it. Without finding the original designer who spawned the map, I'm afraid I can only guess blindly - it could be a vestigial piece of cut content, or simply flavor for the graveyard.

Or, the game is HAUNTED.

I did some wiki looking and there was 3 NPCs at Althea's Actor Stage (lakeside county like Ashford ghost) that were cut but then during April fool's the trivia says they were added back into the searing day quest. Maybe he would know ;-)

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Talk:Annihilator_2:_Searing_Day#Odette.2C_Reginald_and_Harner

Make me good at game!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.