Signet of Undeath

Lahmia.2193

Passive isn't that bad, the main issue is the active.

While aoe rezzing is potentially really strong, the 180 radius is simply way to small and cast time too long. So 99.9% of the time you will just be using it to rez one person. The 0.1% of the time will be you transfusion 3 dead allies right at your feet and rez them all. The cd is simply way too long for what it does, of course you have to factor in signet of suffering but that trait suffers from signets in general not being good. So we are kind of stuck with a cycle of sucking. Now there may be some application in wvw where people drop like flies but I kind of doubt that it is a thing there.

To keep up with the undeath theme; I think an effect similar to illusion of life might be an interesting idea.

So illusion of life is to revive the target and if they kill a target, they rally. Otherwise they go back to down state or defeated if at max death penalty.

So the signet can maybe be something like revive the target but they suffer from a non-removable dot called decay or something similar for XYZ seconds. It does % hp damage per second to the target. If the target is able to live through the dot then they are fully alive when it expires. If the target dies then they go back to down state. So a bit opposite of illusion of life, instead of killing something to live, they have to heal to live.

Drastically reduce the cd and cast time, maaaaybe slightly tone up the passive lf gen and see how it works. It may very well suck but at least is kind of interesting.

Hm, its way faster to rezz up to 5 people with we'll of blood/ traited lesser Well of blood than using this Signet.

The passive is also really bad. As you can just use other skills to generate more lifeforce. Like dessicate or shadow fiend

@Carighan.6758 said:If these rezzes could be used on dead players in your party/squad, we'd be talking. Add some WoW-inspired restrictions for PvE raid use, such as maximum total number of players rezzed in a single encounter, etc, and there'd be, well, battle rezz!

That might make necro one of the best supporters. But the problem would be wvw.

I'd be happy if they just made it on par with battle standard, which has lower casttime and bigger radius

Main problem with it is the cast time, honestly. I tried it a while ago with agility sigil and it wasn't that bad if you could prepare for it, but it's still relatively long on a class with little stability to cover the cast.

One interesting thing about it is the signet trait interaction though. Traited, it can become quite a rezzing shotgun, coming with far quicker recharge time than other similar skills.

Quite niche, like a lot of Necromancer utilies in a game where best utilities are often the most universal ones, but has potential. If the rest of signets got competitive enough, so the CDR trait brings value to multiple utilities, I could see SoU working nice with either death shroud or reaper's shroud. Or perhaps, a new one?

Cast time takes as long as a stomp. Guess that was intentional when it was designed.

This does not change the fact, that this skill itself is underpowered in passive and active mode after several years of powercreep. Nevertheless hard to balance now, because Blood Magic already transforms us into rez-bots. If we have a strong rez signet on top, things might get out of control (looking at you WvW Support Scourge!).

@Nimon.7840 said:That might make necro one of the best supporters. But the problem would be wvw.

I'd be happy if they just made it on par with battle standard, which has lower casttime and bigger radius

Oh this should apply to most current instant-get-up skills. Because, really, with their humongous cast times it'd be faster to just get them up manually :joy:Although, another idea to not unbalance things entirely might be to allow these skills to be cast pre-emptively. Bit tricky for the Ele one which already includes a functionality like that, but it could work.

The passive is okayish, having it work while ooc would be a huge help, up to a certain treshold (like max 50% lifeforce generation ooc)

The active however, well we have many such rezz skills across professions, necro does not have the kit to make it good (on demand stability or invulnerability) like warriors have for example.

I would change the active to a pulsing AOE Rezz with some healing for targets that are alive -much like transfusion. That way they add further variety to signets, which are already kind of all over the place, some condi, some power, some defensive/healing, etc.

The skill is okay.... ish, comparable to others.

The problem is necro, you cant survive with just 2 utilities.Necro would need 1v2 and focus fire survival of other bunkers - which is against anets design and our damage output.

A bad thing is also the antisynergie that new signets have with our most supportive spec yet, the scourge and "shroud uptime".Either core necro gets firebrand level of healing added to weapons, or rework the signet trait.

@Brujeria.7536 said:

I would change the active to a pulsing AOE Rezz with some healing for targets that are alive -much like transfusion.

So Well of Blood?

One good thing about the signet-like rezzes is that once they land, they can power through downed cleave (unless the target is already very low and poisoned) and don't put the caster at risk. The active's effect itself is not an issue.

To add some idea on how to make both this signet and the signet trait more desirable; the regular passive could be 3% like the improved version. And the bonus from the trait could be reducing the Life Force drain (Shroud LF cost for Scourge) by 1-2%.

@Rym.1469 said:

I would change the active to a pulsing AOE Rezz with some healing for targets that are alive -much like transfusion.

So Well of Blood?

One good thing about the signet-like rezzes is that once they land, they can power through downed cleave (unless the target is already very low and poisoned) and don't put the caster at risk. The active's effect itself is not an issue.

To add some idea on how to make both this signet and the signet trait more desirable; the regular passive could be 3% like the improved version. And the bonus from the trait could be reducing the Life Force drain (Shroud LF cost for Scourge) by 1-2%.

Well yeah the problem with well of blood is you are sacrificing your healing skill if you exclude the rezz trait that procs it. That way you could either double your rezzing possibilities or use another healing skill (in a signet build maybe?) and still retain the option to help with rezzing as well as adding a further use for healing power in the necros department of skills.

I dislike the idea of having to use both utility slots and all weapon skills to create a good amount of lifeforce - i feel that the lifeforce generation should be improved across weapon skills instead of trough utility skills. But thats just my opinion, your idea is solid thematic wise.

Archived