Supposed Hint to Utopia in Nightfall — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Supposed Hint to Utopia in Nightfall

Back when Utopia was actually in development, there was an off developer comment telling the community that there was a hidden hint, an easter egg of sorts, in the game of Nightfall that suggested the plot or location of Utopia.

I'm wondering if this was true, and if so, what was that hint?

Tagged:

Comments

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Back when Utopia was actually in development, there was an off developer comment telling the community that there was a hidden hint, an easter egg of sorts, in the game of Nightfall that suggested the plot or location of Utopia.

I'm wondering if this was true, and if so, what was that hint?

Didn’t the library in Vabbi talk about a group of islands?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Prince_Mehtu_the_Wise

• There are a couple that I know of; the NPC dialogue above is likely such a hint, as is the Preserved Red Iris Flower. You can safely bet that at least some of the dialogue about mysterious islands, unknown waters or items seemingly displaced from their origin was plot foreshadowing for the next story. Most of it was co-opted into Eye of the North; that which remains, like Prince Mehtu's boasting, is perhaps in the realm of myth, rumor or simply interesting facets of the world that the player character was never involved in.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.