GW1 missions as fractals? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

GW1 missions as fractals?

Just a curious hypothetical question :smile: Would we be able to experience a gw1 mission as a fractal? Same dialogue (not necessarily voice actor) and enemies. Or are there somewhat restricted resources? Or just not interested? Would be cool to experience the very first mission as a fractal

Comments

• JackassTheX.6351JackassTheX.6351 Member ✭✭✭

YES. THIS. Fractals are basically free reign to do whatever. Side note: it would be hilarious if they made a GW1-based fractal and jumping was disabled =)

We do have an Ascalon-themed mission (Urban Battlegrounds) where you're the Charr, and one where you're on Joko's side, but it's not really in the GW1 universe.

It would be interesting to visit some places in Elona as Corsairs or maybe even the Desolation - a Junundu-based fractal? And of course... let us not forget... the Domain of Anguish. So much potential. The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx RAID, even.

• Sublimatio.6981Sublimatio.6981 Member ✭✭✭

i would love this.

"clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭

Witcher's idea would be cool, I have a twist on that, what if one of the party members became Rurik and they weren't allowed to die (if they do you have a party wipe and go back to the last checkpoint). Every party wipe changes who Rurik is so you can't have someone troll the Rurik roll. But yea I think some of the more iconic missions from GW1 would be pretty sweet and would help fill in story for some people that didn't get to play the original so they know some more of the background. Also now that we've ventured into Nightfall areas we could do those as well.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭

If they did have a GW1 mission, with the GW1 PC being in an NPC role, they could lampshade the canonicity of the GW1 PC by replacing the PC with some sort of glitchy humanoid Mists anomaly. Meaning, if there were millions of Tyrias, the henchmen are the same in every one, but the hero is completely different. So, whatever "echo" there was would constantly change appearance, gender, and profession.

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭

Some of the missions I think would make for good fractals are:

• The Frost Gate
    • The Wilds mission (from Shining Blade PoV)
    • Ice Caves of Sorrow
    • Hell's Precipice (boss fractal)
    • Blacktide Den
    • Rilohn Refuge
    • Ruins of Morah
    • Abaddon's Gate (boss fractal)
    • Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation
    • Assault on the Stronghold (from Charr PoV)
    • A Gate Too Far
    • Destruction's Depths (everyone random PoV from Asuran, Dwarf, Ebon Vanguard, or Norn) Also have it start with the right of the great dwarf.
    • A Time for Heroes (boss fractal)

There are a few other things I think could be neat like the mission bonus packs, could solo fractals become a thing we could try?

#nornmodeisbestmode

• THIS.
    Missions as fractals, elite missions as raids.

• Boro.7359Boro.7359 Member ✭✭

More dwarf PoV stuff maybe? Or tengu wars. I'd love myself some canthan styled tengu wars.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.