Daredevil Staff - underwhelming sound — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Daredevil Staff - underwhelming sound

Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Visually, I think the animations for Daredevil staff are awesome, and I keep referring to my character as a Monk instead of a Thief. But the audio? So underwhelming. It does sound somewhat like wood striking flesh, but it lacks the oomph factor. I leveled as D/D, and I loved the sounds of 1 and 3; they sounded like death by a thousand cuts, which for me hit the right tone for using daggers. The sound made by the shortbow is spot on.

I only play a few professions, but when my Ranger or Guardian hits someone with their GS, I hear a nice satisfying CLANG. When my warrior connects with his axes, I hear an enjoyable CHOP.
But that staff.... :(

Comments

• Xenji.4907Xenji.4907 Member ✭✭

I play Staff DD for PVE and I kind of see what you mean. Except for Vault and Bound because the crashing sound to the ground is awesome. I see the problem for the rest of the stick hits sometimes... its sounds more like a club/hammer sound instead of a stick. Like there is more mass hitting an object which doesn't make sentence. Especially if you got the skin of really skinny stick but I got the Inquest Mark II Staff which has a big mass at the end which makes more sense since its like a big hammer. But this is such a minor detail....but I do see what you mean.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.