Weaver or Firebrand for an all PvE player. Solo, story, fractals, raids.

Rebel.6419

Trying to decide which is a better choice for a pure PvE perspective as I do not PvP or WvW. I have both and like both but as I am time limited I really need to focus on 1 and would like some help choosing. I play primarily as a DPS player, I like to run the story arcs, solo play, fractals, and would like to start raiding at some point. Any guidance would be appreciated.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Weaver is on top of the DPS pile.

Actually, condi zerk is on large hitboxes.

@ op, the information you give us does not help us to point 1 way or the other. How do you prefer to dps, as dot, direct damage, in mele, ranged? Some more specifics are needed to give a meaningful answer. Otherwise:

@Altosk.8492 said:Female Char Mesmer

You really shouldn't be limiting yourself to a single spec if you also have HoT. For example, if you play elementalist you'll want to use weaver as DPS in instanced group PvE content. But if you are doing solo story stuff, tempest is typically way better. If you have to only play weaver or firebrand, then you go weaver if you care more about group PvE or you go firebrand if you care more about solo stuff.

@Ganathar.4956 said:You really shouldn't be limiting yourself to a single spec if you also have HoT. For example, if you play elementalist you'll want to use weaver as DPS in instanced group PvE content. But if you are doing solo story stuff, tempest is typically way better. If you have to only play weaver or firebrand, then you go weaver if you care more about group PvE or you go firebrand if you care more about solo stuff.

I know and your not wrong, but I don't have the time for alt-itis anymore, lol. I kind of need to hem myself in a bit.

I find I like holosmith no kit builds but I die way to easy and cant figure out why.Weaver has been pretty coolFirebrand and mirage also.I tried spellbreaker but warrior in general has a severe lack of eye candy skills and I find it boring.

People are telling op to use top dmg. Top dmg is glass and not generally solo friendly.

Truthfully if you are looking for solo play I always recommend necro(reaper or scourge) as you'll do the best. But out of weaver and firebrand I'd pick firebrand only due to the fact I don't like ele as I'm not skilled enough with them to constantly change the element and keep going with the huge rotations.

If you want to really challenge yourself and learn weaver wins. But firebrand is better for an average player.

Honestly, I'd pick Core Guardian over both. Pick up a full set of exotic Valkyrie gear, go Radiance, Valor, Virtues, almost full meditations, Sword/torch and Greatsword. Pretty great for Open World. Then work towards getting ascended Viper's for endgame content.

Depends on your goals really. Firebrand is more user-friendly, but you'll probably have more difficulties joining endgame parties (t4+cm fractals or raids). So if you're going to aim at that, go weaver. If your focus will primarily be more casual, then go firebrand.

Archived