Tips on building a Firebrand?

Crimson King.3465

I'm working on making a new Condi Firebrand as I've only really played Guardians as Dragon Hunter since HoT came out. However the only Firebrand I've played so far is a boon support one in wvw, so I'm not certain on how I can build an effective condi Firebrand. I was hoping I could get some tips on building an effective Firebrand.

I do like my greatswords so I was wondering if a greatsword would combo well with Permeating Wrath and Amplified Wrath.

Would Viper be the item stats I should go for?

Is my F1 tome my main source of damage?

Is Loremaster the trait I should run so I can have all my virtues up?

@Crimson King.3465 said:

I do like my greatswords so I was wondering if a greatsword would combo well with Permeating Wrath and Amplified Wrath.For raiding or open world? Generally I'd say no. GS is a power weapon. You want an axe for obvious reasons or a scepter because of hit density. The scepter symbol can be devastating with Permeating Wrath vs. groups of mobs. And then Torch.

Would Viper be the item stats I should go for?Viper is fine. Grieving is another choice.

Is my F1 tome my main source of damage?Pretty much, although there are some other hard hitting skills as well.

Is Loremaster the trait I should run so I can have all my virtues up?For solo play yes. For groups use Quickfire.

The most important question: what do you want to do with your FB? If it's open world PvE, anything goes. If it's instanced PvE of any kind, do everyone a favour and play a proper build. You can use the golem in the raid training area to practice your rotation, it isn't rocket science.

Concerning the loremaster trait, I disagree with Yannir. Even in groups, quickfire isn't worth it when you play a virtues build. And on top of damage, loremaster has the advantage of being more flexible.

Archived