Total Biscuit RIP

Passed away today. I always enjoyed listening and watching his commentaries on youtube. His brash style brought many hours of entertainment and laughter!I wonder if there will be any memorial planned in game?

John Peter BainJuly 8, 1984 - May 24, 2018

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I wonder if there will be any memorial planned in game?

I understand the sentiment, but he's not part of GW2 community. He's general gaming journalist/youtuber.

Actually, he played the closed beta of GW2 in early 2012 and was one of the most fun videos to watch!

It doesn't make him part of the community. Do you call AngryJoe part of our community because of his 2012 review?

Who cares, they played the game and they both made the game popular back then, I think many joined the community be cause of these to popular youtubers which is a good thing. So in an indirect way, yes they are part of the community.

nah, they are influencers, they do it for many big titles

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I understand the sentiment, but he's not part of GW2 community. He's general gaming journalist/youtuber.

Actually, he played the closed beta of GW2 in early 2012 and was one of the most fun videos to watch!

It doesn't make him part of the community. Do you call AngryJoe part of our community because of his 2012 review?

Who cares, they played the game and they both made the game popular back then, I think many joined the community be cause of these to popular youtubers which is a good thing. So in an indirect way, yes they are part of the community.

Okay granted, but at the end, I think it's okay to mention his passing away here.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Okay granted, but at the end, I think it's okay to mention his passing away here.

Yeah, why not. But there is no reason to honor him in game as he's not part of the community and after initial hype he basically didin't care about gw2.

Pretty sure it was Cancer related, I remember he made a video talking about all the details a few years ago stating he didn't think he was going to be active much longer; I guess he surprised not only my self but others and him self included because I had just assumed after awhile he had beaten it since no news is good news (I guess I was wrong apparently). This man had a lot of indepth informative videos, he also helped convince me to buy GW2 while watching one of his many Beta Videos; one in particular he was running around Metrica Province stabbing Hylek and Skritt to death with a broken bottle talking about the sense of wanderlust he found with GW2 that he hadn't experienced in MMOs for a very long time.

Could ArenaNet possibly add a character of TB as a memory. He was kind of a big deal in the game industry imho.

He made a video about this game as well before it was released, and needless to say. He did have an impact in most of the gamers lives through YouTube and Twitch.

@eyelogix.1654 said:Could ArenaNet possibly add a character of TB as a memory. He was kind of a big deal in the game industry imho.

He made a video about this game as well before it was released, and needless to say. He did have an impact in most of the gamers lives through YouTube and Twitch.

I understand honouring a known member of the community or Anet dev this way, but random game journalist? I don't think it's a good idea.

Stephen Hawking deserves it more and it's still questionable.

It's always sad when someone dies of such a kitten disease, even more so if at such young age. My condolences to his friends and family.But an ingame memorial? I don't think that would be justified. Apparently a lot of people have never heard of this guy before (me included) since he wasn't really related to the community. I wouldn't want A.Net to add memorials for every more-or-less known gaming journalist / influencer / whatever they'll be called in the future

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

It doesn't make him part of the community. Do you call AngryJoe part of our community because of his 2012 review

Total Biscuit sold me on this game with his BETA Videos, a couple thousand dollars spent later I guess you can say he did his part to influence a few of us to not only play but spend our money.

That's his job as influencer. He did it for many games, it doesn't make him unique and special person within GW2.

Archived