What's the easiest way to get 2 HoM points after account link

I'm trying to get 2 more points to get the heritage mantle(shoulder). I have linked the account and currently have 3 points. I'm completely clueless in gw1. What'd be the fastest/easiest way to get 2 more points so I can get the mantle? Thanks!

Opinions might differ, but as far as I can tell the easiest way to get two points is to:

1. Create a Nightfall character (if you have Nightfall), since they can probably get to the Hall of Monuments the fastest. Make them either a primary or secondary Ranger.
  2. Level up to level 10.
  3. Acquire M.O.X. in the Plains of Jarin.
  4. Tame a pet, e.g. a Warthog in the Plains of Jarin.
  5. Take the Hole of Istan quest to get to the Eye of the North.
  6. Use the Monumental Tapestry Gwen gives you to unlock the Fellowship monument, and display M.O.X. and the pet (which you'll have to level up to level 20). They'll give you one point each.

If you don't have Nightfall, Factions is probably second fastest, and Prophecies the slowest, in terms of how long it takes to get to the Hall of Monuments.

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:Opinions might differ, but as far as I can tell the easiest way to get two points is to:

1. Create a Nightfall character (if you have Nightfall), since they can probably get to the Hall of Monuments the fastest. Make them either a primary or secondary Ranger.
  2. Level up to level 10.
  3. Acquire M.O.X. in the Plains of Jarin.
  4. Tame a pet, e.g. a Warthog in the Plains of Jarin.
  5. Take the Hole of Istan quest to get to the Eye of the North.
  6. Use the Monumental Tapestry Gwen gives you to unlock the Fellowship monument, and display M.O.X. and the pet (which you'll have to level up to level 20). They'll give you one point each.

If you don't have Nightfall, Factions is probably second fastest, and Prophecies the slowest, in terms of how long it takes to get to the Hall of Monuments.

Hi There thanks for answering! Do I need to complete all 1-6 to get 2 points or each is worth 1 point and I can just do 2 of the above to get 2 points I need?

@Emprer.7256 said:

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:Opinions might differ, but as far as I can tell the easiest way to get two points is to:
  2. Level up to level 10.
  3. Acquire
    in the Plains of Jarin.
  4. Tame a pet, e.g. a
    in the Plains of Jarin.
  5. Take the
    quest to get to the Eye of the North.

Hi There thanks for answering! Do I need to complete all 1-6 to get 2 points or each is worth 1 point and I can just do 2 of the above to get 2 points I need?

I believe that @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" almost nailed the fastest way to a total of five points. There's one step more than you strictly need.

You don't need to get M.O.X, so step 3 can be skipped. Do the intro mission (the full one or the "Take the Shortcut" one) in the Island of Shehkah "intro" zone (which you can't avoid) and you will get the hero Koss as the last step of finishing the intro. You also get two heroes (Ogden Stonehealer and Vekk) as you arrive in Boreal Station at the end of the Hole of Istan mission.

You need to do all the other steps. Number 6 is required to unlock the "Fellowship" monument and display a Hero statue and a Pet statue and actually get the two points. The other steps are required to get a hero and a pet whose statues you can display, and to get to the GW1 Hall of Monuments in the first place.

Step 4 (tame a pet) can also be done in the Churrhir Fields training zone (which you need to enter to take secondary Ranger if you go that route), although you will have to take a Flamingo rather than a Warthog. But you have to go into the Plains of Jarin anyway for the Hole of Istan quest.

Step 5 is required to reach the Eye of the North. It also gives you Ogden and Vekk as noted.

Step 2 is required to enable access to the Hole of Istan mission.

Step 1? You have to create a character, obviously. The Nightfall campaign offers the fastest way to get to the Eye of the North and consequently the Hall of Monuments to do Step 6.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

2. Level up to level 10.
  3. Acquire
    in the Plains of Jarin.
  4. Tame a pet, e.g. a
    in the Plains of Jarin.
  5. Take the
    quest to get to the Eye of the North.

I believe that @"Tommo Chocolate.5870"
almost
nailed the fastest way to a total of five points. There's one step more than you strictly need.

You don't need to get M.O.X, so step 3 can be skipped. Do the intro mission (the full one or the "Take the Shortcut" one) in the Island of Shehkah "intro" zone (which you can't avoid) and you will get the hero Koss as the last step of finishing the intro. You also get two heroes (Ogden Stonehealer and Vekk) as you arrive in Boreal Station at the end of the Hole of Istan mission.

You need to do all the other steps. Number 6 is required to unlock the "Fellowship" monument and display a Hero statue and a Pet statue and actually
get
the two points. The other steps are required to get a hero and a pet whose statues you can display, and to get to the GW1 Hall of Monuments in the first place.

Step 4 (tame a pet) can also be done in the Churrhir Fields training zone (which you need to enter to take secondary Ranger if you go that route), although you will have to take a Flamingo rather than a Warthog. But you have to go into the Plains of Jarin anyway for the Hole of Istan quest.

Step 5 is required to reach the Eye of the North. It also gives you Ogden and Vekk as noted.

Step 2 is required to enable access to the Hole of Istan mission.

Step 1? You have to create a character, obviously. The Nightfall campaign offers the fastest way to get to the Eye of the North and consequently the Hall of Monuments to do Step 6.

Thanks, sorry, it was written quite quickly and I didn't think to explain why each step is needed. Yes, both Hall of Monuments points come from the last step - one for displaying M.O.X. and one for displaying the pet. You have to use M.O.X. because all the other heroes require an armour upgrade before being displayed, and those are fairly hard to get. In any case, getting M.O.X. is easy, since once you're level 10 he will be standing outside Kamadan in the Plains of Jarin waiting for you.

I would actually advise doing step 4 as soon as possible, since your pet will gain experience as you do. Churrhir Fields seems like a better suggestion since you get there bfore the Plains of Jarin - I'd forgotten you could get one there. The exact choice of pet doesn't make a difference, but it has to be level 20 before you can display it and get the point.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:You have to use M.O.X. because all the other heroes require an armour upgrade before being displayed, and those are fairly hard to get. In any case, getting M.O.X. is easy, since once you're level 10 he will be standing outside Kamadan in the Plains of Jarin waiting for you.

Oops. Yes, quite right. (I recall that it's not hugely difficult to get one hero armour upgrade, but it is hard to do it quickly since you have to progress far enough to get to the challenges.) M.O.X. is the way to go.

I believe I have over 20 miniatures I don't need. If you give me some time to download the game I will check it and if I have them I will happily give you those since they only block my Xunlai space.

EDIT: those miniatures will give you exactly 2 points if I don't have any rares and if I do it will give you 3.

omg thank you so much for all the answers! They are all very in depth and helpful.

@sitarskee.5738 said:I believe I have over 20 miniatures I don't need. If you give me some time to download the game I will check it and if I have them I will happily give you those since they only block my Xunlai space.

EDIT: those miniatures will give you exactly 2 points if I don't have any rares and if I do it will give you 3.

If you could do that, it'd be awesome! I am in PST time zone. Is there anyway I can contact you? Perhaps through gw2 whisper? Ready whenever you are!

@Emprer.7256 said:omg thank you so much for all the answers! They are all very in depth and helpful.

@sitarskee.5738 said:I believe I have over 20 miniatures I don't need. If you give me some time to download the game I will check it and if I have them I will happily give you those since they only block my Xunlai space.

If you could do that, it'd be awesome! I am in PST time zone. Is there anyway I can contact you? Perhaps through gw2 whisper? Ready whenever you are!

I've just checked and I only have 9 of those one of which is purple and I can't remember if purple counts as unique or not. I can guarantee you 1 point only unfortunately. Unless someone else could give you more.

Not certain if you already know of it, but there's a guide on the GW1 wiki to earning HoM points. There's a link to it from the GW2 wiki too:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_earning_Hall_of_Monuments_rewards

Provided you have a Tapestry to unlock the "Devotion" monument (for minipets), a very fast way to get two points would be via dedicating (account binding) minipets. One random minipet of any rarity and one Rare (yellow) OR Unique (green) minipet will get you two points.

If you still need minipets, I also have spares you can have. I left you a message in-game in GW2 as well :)

Good luck on the points!

@sitarskee.5738 said:I've just checked and I only have 9 of those one of which is purple and I can't remember if purple counts as unique or not. I can guarantee you 1 point only unfortunately. Unless someone else could give you more.

1 point closer to my goal is amazing regardless! I'll log on to my gw2 account and reach out to you later tonight. I'll follow the guide for the last point I need.

@sitarskee.5738 said:

I've just checked and I only have 9 of those one of which is purple and I can't remember if purple counts as unique or not. I can guarantee you 1 point only unfortunately. Unless someone else could give you more.

Just realized I need to finish the story and get to level 10 first to get past the starter area. I will try to finish the Nightfall story on my new character now.

@"Emprer.7256"

Just to hopefully help clarify a couple points on the other assorted replies you've gotten:

In order to get the 2 other HoM points you need, you need to have access to the area in the expansion, Eye of the North. (If I recall, that's both the name of the expansion and the "town / outpost" that gives access to the Hall of Monuments area. That outpost has a swirly leading to a kind of pseudo Home Instance that is the actual Hall of Monuments. It has a series of alcoves where you can use a Monumental Tapestry to unlock a Monument. One Tapestry is needed for each Monument, except for the "Honor" monument (that's automatically unlocked when you enter). You'll get one to start with just by doing the mini-quest to get to the Eye of the North outpost. The details are in the Monumental Tapestry link.

If you decide to go the minipet route to get the two points you want, you'll use your Tapestry on the "Devotion" Monument. Once it's activated, you can interact with it to start dedicating minipets.

Starting a character in Nightfall is easier and faster than using your existing Prophecies character, hence the suggestion to roll a different character there. The quest to get to Eye of the North unlocks with the NPC Bendah in Kamadan at level 10. However, if I recall, the foes you'll encounter once you reach the first outpost in the expansion will be level 20 or a bit higher (max level in GW1 is 20). You'll be buffed to level 20 and have access to some higher level Henchmen (I think), but don't be shy about asking back here if you need it. :)

As mentioned above by a few posters, you only need one regular (white or purple) mini and a yellow or green to get the two points you want. The "Devotion" Monument can give up to 8 points if maxxed out, so if you want, the offers of additional minipets for it wouldn't hurt. Once a mini is dedicated, you can actually destroy / trash it if you don't plan on keeping it for personal use. The descriptive text when you hover over it will say something like "This mini has been dedicated at a Hall of Monuments". They're still tradeable to other players, but at that point no one else can use them to dedicate at another HoM. If you want them, between @sitarskee.5738 and I, we can probably give you enough minis to get a few extra points above your 2 point goal :)

In the meantime, GL on getting your Nightfall character ready to get to Eye of the North! Let folks know when you're ready for the actual Monument items (whichever route you decide to go about it) or if you need help. :)

@Meow Ren.5382 said:@"Emprer.7256"

Just to hopefully help clarify a couple points on the other assorted replies you've gotten:

In order to get the 2 other HoM points you need, you need to have access to the area in the expansion, Eye of the North. (If I recall, that's both the name of the expansion and the "town / outpost" that gives access to the Hall of Monuments area. That outpost has a swirly leading to a kind of pseudo Home Instance that is the actual Hall of Monuments. It has a series of alcoves where you can use a Monumental Tapestry to unlock a Monument. One Tapestry is needed for each Monument, except for the "Honor" monument (that's automatically unlocked when you enter). You'll get one to start with just by doing the mini-quest to get to the Eye of the North outpost. The details are in the Monumental Tapestry link.

If you decide to go the minipet route to get the two points you want, you'll use your Tapestry on the "Devotion" Monument. Once it's activated, you can interact with it to start dedicating minipets.

Starting a character in Nightfall is easier and faster than using your existing Prophecies character, hence the suggestion to roll a different character there. The quest to get to Eye of the North unlocks with the NPC Bendah in Kamadan at level 10. However, if I recall, the foes you'll encounter once you reach the first outpost in the expansion will be level 20 or a bit higher (max level in GW1 is 20). You'll be buffed to level 20 and have access to some higher level Henchmen (I think), but don't be shy about asking back here if you need it. :)

As mentioned above by a few posters, you only need one regular (white or purple) mini and a yellow or green to get the two points you want. The "Devotion" Monument can give up to 8 points if maxxed out, so if you want, the offers of additional minipets for it wouldn't hurt. Once a mini is dedicated, you can actually destroy / trash it if you don't plan on keeping it for personal use. The descriptive text when you hover over it will say something like "This mini has been dedicated at a Hall of Monuments". They're still tradeable to other players, but at that point no one else can use them to dedicate at another HoM. If you want them, between @"sitarskee.5738" and I, we can probably give you enough minis to get a few extra points above your 2 point goal :)

In the meantime, GL on getting your Nightfall character ready to get to Eye of the North! Let folks know when you're ready for the actual Monument items (whichever route you decide to go about it) or if you need help. :)

Thank you for everyone's input there! I feel like if other players are in the same situation as I am(I'm dumb and I was having trouble understanding what some of the names were referring to) and are confused about the steps to do it, this post can serve as a more detailed explanation for them to get their HoM points. I'm also very grateful that everyone here was eager to help me out. GW community is the best!

I'm slowly but surely getting there with my ranger. But tonight was wvw reset so I kinda prioritize it over leveling up my gw1 character. Will let's you guys know when I progress to HoM!""'

@Emprer.7256 said:

@"sitarskee.5738" said:

Just realized I need to finish the story and get to level 10 first to get past the starter area. I will try to finish the Nightfall story on my new character now.

You do not have to finish the story, but you need to progress it a small bit.You need to

• Progress your story until you choose a secondary profession.
    • After "Primary Training" and "Honing your skills", take and follow the quest "Secondary Training" from First Spear Dehvad.
  • Reach level 10, and then
  • Take the quest "Hole of Istan" from Bendah in Kamadan

Archived