IMO, the only way we could get a greataxe.

Grave.9258

Hello guys. I always laughed at the greataxe topics because i know Anet will not introduce new types od weapons as long as we still have some weapons left like Staff or pistols. However I think i found a way we could use greataxe. A lot od people would probably agree that current burst system we use is kind of borring already. What if the new elite spec replace our burst skill with something simillar to necro shroud? While being in this state we would have our weapon replaced with greataxe just like necro could use a scythe as reaper. Ofc it would come with a new set of skills. It would kind of add a new weapon and it could bring something fresh and make warrior a little deeper class. I dont think its unrealistic, because its not exclusive for necro. Firebrand has his tomes, why couldnt we receive some love this time? It could work with a spear aswell btw. :) Thanks for your time and I hope you like the idea.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:I would love to have great axe as a weapon, not as a mechanic.

I still like burst skills, they have good synergy with traits.If you remove burst in elite spe, you remove a lot of our traits as well.Plus, if they add great axes, I want a lot of skins..While I agree with your comment wholeheartedly that a weapon would be better, his idea isn’t half bad, being inspired by FB tomes wouldn’t be a bad way to go.

The trait issue you raised really killed the possibility though. They could split traits to work 2 ways, like they did with Soulbeast, but that would end up a buggy mess for 6 months and nobody wants that.

I really hope they give us a Greataxe or a Halberd next expansion. Everything else already in the game what we don’t already have access to would suck to get given.

@"Grave.9258" said:Hmmm. What if going "rampage mode" or whatever you want to call it, counts as using burst skill?

We could riff on this even further, and balance it by having it operate like the old GW1 Adrenaline system of "strikes" as a resource. Rather then delineating on "bars" made up of equal division of points- have each skill track its own resource pool, and takes X numbers of Strikes to charge for use. When a skill is used, it drains that one skill, and drops all other skills by a certain amount. This has to go hand in hand with a rule that multiple strikes can't generate multiple levels of charge due to cleave, but does leave room open for a Trait that grants bonus charge on certain conditions (like killing/downing an opponent).

If the kit is time limited, then skills 2-5 count as bursts for the purposes of traits, with the amount correlating to how many bars it translates into for trait use. If not time limited, then each one counts as a single bar with the expectation of chaining.

Archived