Why was Salma's skin tone changed in guild wars beyond?, and krytans in guild wars 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why was Salma's skin tone changed in guild wars beyond?, and krytans in guild wars 2

Boro.7359Boro.7359 Member ✭✭

Before that, krytans had a mostly uniform tanned-brown color. (Hablion, Dorian, Magi Malaquire) Now they are like ascalonians or orrians. (Although the mantle savants were of a lighter skin, and the shining blade displayed a variety of skin color too.)

Best Answers

• Boro.7359Boro.7359 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Could be my eyes that deceived me though, they look pretty similar both the standard krytan female model, and Salma, when looking at wiki pictures.

Answers

• Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭

Hey started dusting off my guild wars 1 account and the Krytans, had this really cool South American/Mayan/Caribbean vibe to them in the first game I really enjoyed the whole Krytan theme why does everyone look like Ascolonians now save for the queen? I get that Kryta became a melting pot, but its just so different.

• Was wondering that myself. Perhaps a lot of ascalonian refugees intermaried with the local population. Not mean to sound insesnitive but the former krytans had way darker skin and their clothing was also different.

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2018

Well, it's also been roughly 250 years. A lot can happen in that time period. Kryta is a melting pot, especially since a good number of Ascalonian refugees came to Kryta, both during the initial exodus and in the eighteen years between then and the Foefire.

Rest in peace, Christopher Tolkien - 1/16/2020
    Across the sea, a pale moon rises / The ships have come to carry you home
    And all will turn to silver glass / A light on the water
    Grey ships pass into the West