The new "Cookie Policy" notification

This pops up every single time. Please fix it.

The new "Draft saved."

Edit : " This site uses first - and third - party cookies to allow the website to function, improve your experience, and for our legitimate business purposes. Click "I understand" to dismiss this message or read our Privacy Policy which includes information about our use of cookies."

Edit 2 : Oh noes. It is happening on the wiki too.

Pops up for me EVERY TIME I goto the main Discussion page and every time I enter a new thread. I assume it's bugged. And I tried clicking the policy doc link and then clicking "I Understand" to no avail. :angry:

How many times must an account holder click to acknowledge a policy doc or EULA?!? GRRR! :rage:Anet, please fix this!

GW2 Wiki seems to be functioning correctly regarding this topic. It asked me ONCE and I clicked "I Understand" and it never asked again no matter what wiki page I went to afterwards. The forum version of this policy acknowledgement is BUGGED.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:block it with ublock origin (everyone should have this anyway)

I have Ublock Origin. Doesn't prevent the pop up. I clicked the button on the GW2 forums here and haven't seen it since.

In fact, a lot of websites are giving a pop up about their user agreements and privacy policies changing. It seems to have started today.

H3HtFIr.jpg

GW2 privacy policy updated because of the "General Data Protection Regulation" law in the EU. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41224/privacy-policy-updatedThe law they refer to went into effect today and it seems everyone is updating their privacy policies and user agreements. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

@Malediktus.9250 said:@Charrbeque.8729ublock origin has an element picker (right click on the message and click block element). the standard filters may not include those new popups yet

I didn't know that, but I'm fine with it right now. As I said, the pop up only happened once.

Just a thought: the reason why some people keep getting the pop might be because they are blocking the browser cookie.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:@Charrbeque.8729ublock origin has an element picker (right click on the message and click block element). the standard filters may not include those new popups yet

I didn't know that, but I'm fine with it right now. As I said, the pop up only happened once.

Just a thought: the reason why some people keep getting the pop might be because they are blocking the browser cookie.

I am not, and i get it everytime i go into a new thread, so...

@Dante.1763 said:

I just tested it. Cleared browser history and got the pop up when I visited the GW2 website, and again after logging into the forums. I clicked around opening various threads and the notice hasn't popped up again.

No idea why it only happens to some people.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

I just tested it. Cleared browser history and got the pop up when I visited the GW2 website, and again after logging into the forums. I clicked around opening various threads and the notice hasn't popped up again.

No idea why it only happens to some people.

No idea, but doing that hasnt gotten rid of it for me!

Ended up using my adblocking program to rid myself of it, which is easy enough to do, but i dont think it should be doing it in the first place.

Archived