Do you think Druid should get complete rework

BadSanta.6527

In my opinion yes . Now with the nerf , druids need a drastic change from the ground first rework staff in my opinon aoe with massive dmg and selestic avatar healing buffs. Staff will not be healing only selestic avatar. And selestic avatar will be cold down mechanics

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Not a complete rework. Just the traits, weapon, Celestial abilities, Astral Force, and Glyphs. The name can stay.

Well a third of the traits not all of them. Scaling of Staff and staff 2&4 (5 only its form not the effect).For the glyphs: Empowerment needs lower CD or charges. Alignment needs higher stacks or charges, equality is fine, tudes needs its effects swapped and unity needs a rework.For AF i only can say that it should not drain over time but on abbility use. And that AF should be generated through hits and heals not there quantity. So staff and WH with their supportive usage are still top picks due to heals and multihits but also shortbow, axes and torch are useful for generation.

The only thing that annoys me is that CA is generation based, but other healers aren't based on it. Over it, we also have a cooldown. It pushes Druid to use the Staff.

When it comes to the Staff, 1-3-5 is fine. Astral Wisp is a very boring skill and should get a look, but change is not ''needed. Vine Surge is just terrible, even if you manage to land and hit someone with it, it's only a 1 sec immobilize. At least make the area bigger or change it so somehow it's a very good CC and easy landing skill for Druid.

Glyphs get no play so they need serious look. Terrible ultimate. What if we could decide our glyphs version with a trait ? What about a trait that gives us the blue glyphs version ?

The only weak traits left are : Cultivated Synergy, Primal Echoes and Verdant Etching.

Druid does need a little rework, but it shouldn't be converted into a damage dealer, the staff, and druid skills as a whole should be more focused on being an aggressive support than on being someone whose running around dealing damage.

Imo, the traits need to be reworked how Jcbroe mentioned back in another thread (i'll go find a link to his post)

Glyphs need to have a bigger range, their effects are fine overall, but they have such a short range that you're not going to see them in PvP since you would have to stand ontop of people for it, however in PvE they're used all the time because grouping up isn't a bad thing to do. Additionally, i like the general theme they have where in normal form they're mostly CC and damage focused, and then in the avatar state they're defensive, mostly. Glyph of tides should probably have its pull swapped with its push, but personally i think it's fine either way since it allows you to pull people in and then to use the 5 skill to cleave them all down and root them and also since CA is more of a closer to the stars thing it makes sense we pull them in, since the sun and moon pull the tides in the first place... but w/e. Glyph of Unity in CA is fine, but in normal form it's shit, it should at the very least be changed to whenever you deal damage it pulses damage to those chained to you, in addition i think glyph of unity needs a pulsing tick of something to those shackled by it, IE cripple, minor damage and reveal enemies in normal form, and then pulse like, idk resistance and a small heal to allies (not the druid) in CA form.

For staff overall it's fine, but the 2 skill is super boring and lackluster, and the 4 skill, as cool as it looks, is just absolute garbage, at the very least they need to increase the immob time (2s minimum) and make it so that it clears all movement imparing effects from the druid as well as allies hit by it. Hell, maybe even tack some slow and/or cripple on it too, or even better make the immob from it function like a much weaker version of entangle, IE you have to kill it, would take like, 2 hits tops and only pulse immob.

yes it does.For starters rework avatar to ether be locked behind a cd or behind a resource, not both.Secondly rework the god awful minor traits, they are basically made to only work with staff auto attack in order to fuel astral force. merge the minors and add them to the staff trait where they belong, in their place put in 2 new minors that will be usefull no matter what weapon / stats you use.Thirdly rework the garbage glyphs, as most of them are useless outside of grace of the land & verdant etching might stacking.Lastly rework cosmic ray and ancient seeds as both of these skills are garbage. ray was never good and seeds are bad post nerf. Ray could be changed in to a beefed up staff auto attack or something of the like, and seeds can change in to an regular aoe condi cleanse around the ranger and pet or something idk.

Also some useless traits (most of the traits in the druid line tbh) could stand to change to have more synergy with the core ranger mechanic the pet, at the moment druid feels like it could have been slapped on to any other class as it is mechanically so disconnected from ranger.

I think it could definitely use an update. I would love for Druid to become a solid choice in WvW in large squad play. With the change to Lingering Light, it has some pretty insane healing potential, but many issues still persist. If ANet is trying to move away from a bunker spec and into a more legitimate support spec close to the level of Firebrand, I would be ecstatic. It definitely needs a lot of work to even get close to Firebrand though. I think this could largely be improved by giving it access to group stability (aside from spirit elite) and increasing its group condition clearing potential (via glyphs and other traits). These to me aren't unrealistic changes.

One of my biggest gripes with CA form is the resource generation. I think that needs to be reworked. It feels outdated, clunky, and far too punishing in certain contexts. CA 2 needs to cleanse 2 conditions again and to blossom instantly, and CA 1 needs to have an increased radius and removal of the delay/aftercast.

I think the staff is largely limited by the fact that there is no allied targeting in this game. If we were able to staff 1 and 2 our allies, it would be a huge buff to the staff. But alas, such a thing does not exist. If any skill were to be changed, I would like for it to be staff 2. Not really sure what to suggest for it though.

I personally love the glyphs, but they could definitely use some polishing. One huge gripe I have with them is that, with traited Glyph of Alignment and Glyph of Empowerment, the cooldowns become 16 seconds. I personally like running with those glyphs, but only for their CA versions. The cooldown reduction is quite pointless because you can only stay in CA form for 15 seconds max. Perhaps this is a minor issue to some, but it really irks me. There are many potential solutions to this, such as CD reductions, charges, self-Alacrity via Verdant Etching, or increasing the max time spent in CA form. Glyph of Unity obviously suffers the most, but overall they could all use some minor tweaks. These are my ideas on how to improve Glyphs.

Glyph of Rejuvenation:Non-CA: Additionally apply regeneration to self.CA: Additionally apply regeneration to nearby allies (not self).

Glyph of Alignment:Now a ground-target AoE. (900 range)Non-CA: Increase power coefficient. Increase poison stacks to 3, up from 2.CA: Removes 4 conditions, up from 2.

Glyph of Empowerment:Now instant-cast. Reduce cooldown to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW only.Non-CA: Now increases damage by 20% for 3 seconds (PvP and WvW only),CA: No changes.

Glyph of Equality:Non-CA: No changes.CA: No longer removes conditions. Now additionally applies Stability [4x] for 6 seconds to nearby allies.

Glyph of Tides:Effects are switched. Now a ground-target AoE. (600 range)

Glyph of Unity:Non-CA: In addition to its previous effects: Reveals tethered foes for 4 seconds. If a tethered foe breaks the leash, they are crippled, immobilized and blinded. If the foe remains tethered for the entire duration, they are slowed, weakened, and chilled. Unblockable.CA: In addition to its previous effects: Reduce ICD to 0.5 seconds. If a tethered ally breaks the leash, they are granted resistance and superspeed. If the ally remains tethered for the entire duration, they are healed and have 2 conditions removed.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Glyph of Unity:Non-CA: In addition to its previous effects: Reveals tethered foes for 4 seconds. If a tethered foe breaks the leash, they are crippled, immobilized and blinded. If the foe remains tethered for the entire duration, they are slowed, weakened, and chilled. Unblockable.CA: In addition to its previous effects: Reduce ICD to 0.5 seconds. If a tethered ally breaks the leash, they are granted resistance and superspeed. If the ally remains tethered for the entire duration, they are healed and have 2 conditions removed.

Think I'd prefer no tether break bonuses and more polarizing, powerful effects for Unity.

-Glyph of Unity (normal): Tether yourself to foes, removing 1 boon per pulse (up to 6) and preventing them from gaining boons while tethered to you. Any heals tethered foes apply to themselves also heals you.-Glyph of Unity (avatar): Tether yourself to allies, removing 1 condition per pulse (up to 6) and protecting them from gaining conditions while tethered to you. Any heals applied to yourself heals tethered allies.

Seems worthy enough to run in WvW groups (imo). Would also be nice if they replaced the weak heal/blind on next strike when entering CA (lol) on Lingering Light to, "Removing a condition on an ally also heals them (also applies to the player)," to add more healing to Druid within and outside of CA via Verdant Etchings, Vine Surge, and other group condition removals like Healing Spring.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:
Glyph of Unity:
Non-CA:
In addition to its previous effects: Reveals tethered foes for 4 seconds. If a tethered foe breaks the leash, they are crippled, immobilized and blinded. If the foe remains tethered for the entire duration, they are slowed, weakened, and chilled. Unblockable.
CA:
In addition to its previous effects: Reduce ICD to 0.5 seconds. If a tethered ally breaks the leash, they are granted resistance and superspeed. If the ally remains tethered for the entire duration, they are healed and have 2 conditions removed.

Think I'd prefer no tether break bonuses and more polarizing, powerful effects for Unity.

-Glyph of Unity (normal): Tether yourself to foes, removing 1 boon per pulse (up to 6) and preventing them from gaining boons while tethered to you. Any heals tethered foes apply to themselves also heals you.-Glyph of Unity (avatar): Tether yourself to allies, removing 1 condition per pulse (up to 6) and protecting them from gaining conditions while tethered to you. Any heals applied to yourself heals tethered allies.

Seems worthy enough to run in WvW groups (imo). Would also be nice if they replaced the weak heal/blind on next strike when entering CA (lol) on Lingering Light to,
"Removing a condition on an ally also heals them (also applies to the player),"
to add more healing to Druid within and outside of CA via Verdant Etchings, Vine Surge, and other group condition removals like Healing Spring.

That's actually quite a cool idea. Would definitely be used in any PvP environment. Any reason you aren't a fan of tether break effects? I was trying to make each effect have a roughly equal impact so it was a choice for both the druid and the "tethered" to either stay or break the tether.

I agree that a change to the active effect of Lingering Light would be nice.There is too much of a gap between support potential in and out of CA form, which is one of the reasons I find the CF requirement to be frustrating.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

Glyph of Unity:
Non-CA:
In addition to its previous effects: Reveals tethered foes for 4 seconds. If a tethered foe breaks the leash, they are crippled, immobilized and blinded. If the foe remains tethered for the entire duration, they are slowed, weakened, and chilled. Unblockable.
CA:
In addition to its previous effects: Reduce ICD to 0.5 seconds. If a tethered ally breaks the leash, they are granted resistance and superspeed. If the ally remains tethered for the entire duration, they are healed and have 2 conditions removed.

Seems worthy enough to run in WvW groups (imo). Would also be nice if they replaced the weak heal/blind on next strike when entering CA (lol) on Lingering Light to,
"Removing a condition on an ally also heals them (also applies to the player),"
to add more healing to Druid within and outside of CA via Verdant Etchings, Vine Surge, and other group condition removals like Healing Spring.

I would literally kill to be able to have some boon removal on Druid, however I wouldn’t change the terrestrial form to you healing when the enemy does, I’d keep it as damage, but either up the numbers or remove the ICD so it can be at LEAST as punishing as Retal.

Also, love the lingering light suggestion.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:That's actually quite a cool idea. Would definitely be used in any PvP environment. Any reason you aren't a fan of tether break effects? I was trying to make each effect have a roughly equal impact so it was a choice for both the druid and the "tethered" to either stay or break the tether.

I agree that a change to the active effect of Lingering Light would be nice.There is too much of a gap between support potential in and out of CA form, which is one of the reasons I find the CF requirement to be frustrating.

Thanks. As for tether breaks, I'm personally not a fan due to Magebane Tether. I don't like effects that automatically proc if a player goes out of their way to counter a tether by breaking distance. I'd be down if the skills flipped icons to sacrifice a tether for the effect by manual input like DH's Spear of Justice -> Hunter's Verdict. That, and it cuts down on purposely peeling back, which can work for some but not in most situations.

As for the support gap between CA form, I agree. Staff and Glyphs should be the fillers in there. Personally, I hope (but not holding my breath) for Sublime Conversion (staff 5) to be changed into a water dome and function altered to absorb projectiles instead of converting them into water bolts, healing allies inside the dome every time a projectile is absorbed. Would be more helpful in WvW in both projectile denial and healing allies compared to the current setup.

Likewise with Vine Surge. Add a heal for allies it passes through and if that blind/heal on LL is replaced with a heal allies when removing a condition, then there's additional healing there, along with Glyphs + Verdant Etching with range support if some of them can become ground-target skills; filling in the gap between CA forms. Won't be perfect, but it'd be better.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:That's actually quite a cool idea. Would definitely be used in any PvP environment. Any reason you aren't a fan of tether break effects? I was trying to make each effect have a roughly equal impact so it was a choice for both the druid and the "tethered" to either stay or break the tether.

Thanks. As for tether breaks, I'm personally not a fan due to Magebane Tether. I don't like effects that automatically proc if a player goes out of their way to counter a tether by breaking distance. I'd be down if the skills flipped icons to sacrifice a tether for the effect by manual input like DH's Spear of Justice -> Hunter's Verdict. That, and it cuts down on purposely peeling back, which can work for some but not in most situations.

As for the support gap between CA form, I agree. Staff and Glyphs should be the fillers in there. Personally, I hope (but not holding my breath) for Sublime Conversion (staff 5) to be changed into a water dome and function altered to absorb projectiles instead of converting them into water bolts, healing allies inside the dome every time a projectile is absorbed. Would be more helpful in WvW in both projectile denial and healing allies compared to the current setup.

Likewise with Vine Surge. Add a heal for allies it passes through and if that blind/heal on LL is replaced with a heal allies when removing a condition, then there's additional healing there, along with Glyphs + Verdant Etching with range support if some of them can become ground-target skills; filling in the gap between CA forms. Won't be perfect, but it'd be better.

Yeah, I do think break punishment effects on tethers can be a bit unhealthy for the game. At the same time though, Magebane Tether can proc much more frequently, and additionally it is a passive proc on a separate skill, so it is a bit different. I thought the tether break effects would be cool since it is Glyph of Unity, but I still do see where you're coming from. Any change to GoU is good though. Even with an additional 50% outgoing healing modifier via LL, it still feels very weak. I honestly think the reason it has remained how it is because it is sometimes taken in PvE because of Verdant Etching/GotL, which is incredibly unfortunate.

Those would be welcome changes to the staff kit. I think it was a bit more okay in the HoT era, but with the powercreep that came with PoF, I think your change suggestions are reasonable. Staff 4 needs a faster animation and/or cast time reduction too. Do you have any ideas for staff 2? On the topic of Lingering LIght, I would appreciate it if they changed it to a base 20-25% outgoing healing modifier and an additional 25-30% when in CA. The way it is currently implemented further requires us to clump all the heals while in CA form.

Some other changes that I think would be nice:-Condi cleanse now attached to CA4, removing 1 condition for each pulse. Not my idea, but I like it a lot.-CA2 reworked to some sort of movement skill. I think Photon Forge has shown us what a well-designed transform kit can look like (powercreep aside). Druid arguably has the best mobility of all the support classes, so this niche could be further emphasized if it got some sort of mobility in the CA form itself. Seed of Life is honestly just very clunky, mostly due to the blossom delay. A short leap, dash, or shadowstep could be of huge benefit, especially considering CA4/GoR/GoA/GoU are all PBAoE.-1200 range given back to SnR. One word: Transfusion. If Transfusion is okay on Scourge, 1200 range on SnR is also okay.-Give Invigorating Bond some love! It has more potential on Soulbeast than it does Druid...wtf?! This could be buffed in multiple ways: making it scale off of the ranger's healing power, giving the pet a % of our healing power, making the ICD separate for each pet, or tacking on 2-3 condi cleanses.-Updating some of the supportive pets, such as Fern Hound.-Polishing up some other Druid traits.

I dunno...I don't spend a ton of my time playing Druid, so I don't know what would be of most benefit as I do for Ventari Rev, for example, but I just want to see the spec thrive as a serious support outside of PvE. Being a "buffer" from spirits, Spotter, and GotL doesn't mean jack shit in WvW or PvP. Firebrand is an unhealthy example of support, and frankly it pisses me off that it exists to the degree it does. It needs to be brought down, but other support classes (mainly Druid, Tempest, and Ventari Rev) could use some love.

Yeah, those changes that you listed would help out too.

As for Seed of Life, it's one of those things where form ruins function instead of following it. Most just want it to access the effects faster but it's tied to the animation of the seed pop. Cosmic Ray also has this issue being a 0.5s cast and the healing ray taking another 0.25s to travel to the point.

Both skills makes Druid in CA look like a Grenade Engineer trying to hit moving targets, ending up having to aim ahead and predict where allies go instead of healing them where they are. I'm also still not down with Natural Convergence in both the stability and being rooted.

Smaller changes like having Cosmic Ray's cast time reduced and speeding up the Cosmic Ray beam; moving the heal and condition removal from Seed of Life up front (upon creation) and leaving the blind-on-pop at the end; and changing Natural Convergence to not only be used on the move, but add ally support by a having it grant the player and nearby allies 1 stack of stability for 2s on each pulse (3 pulses), and then heal allies when it completes.

And yes, some pet F2 tweaks specifically for WvW group play would be nice. Off the top of my head: Reef Drake's Sonic Barrier also be its on-land F2; Sand Lion's F2 grants allies a barrier instead of pulsing blind/damage; Jungle Stalker's F2 cast time reduced; Polar Bear's F2 additionally encases struck foes in a block of ice for 1.5s; Jaguar's F2 losses ferocity gain in trade for also applying stealth to allies; and Aqua Stalker's (Cheetah) F2 made more watery (?) by having it create a whirlpool at the start and target destination that allies could use as a portal but has reduced uses (like 10) instead of more swiftness.

Those would be welcome changes to the staff kit. I think it was a bit more okay in the HoT era, but with the powercreep that came with PoF, I think your change suggestions are reasonable. Staff 4 needs a faster animation and/or cast time reduction too. Do you have any ideas for staff 2? On the topic of Lingering LIght, I would appreciate it if they changed it to a base 20-25% outgoing healing modifier and an additional 25-30% when in CA. The way it is currently implemented further requires us to clump all the heals while in CA form.

Thorough reviews so far.Much of this was brought up when druid was the new thing....by many players. But Druid was already stronk.Since Anet has been trimming the hedges, so to speak, the class needs tightening up to keep pace.

EVERYTHING Staff and Glyph is clunky and slow. It just doesn't work smoothly in the fast-pace, HUGE-AOE PvP Snowball-Meta .

staff 2 needs to be an instant cast at the very least.staff 4 faster animation, lay down a wider area and longer range. Something similar to the Rev hammer ability would work well.I understand the need for counterplay, but I'll use the argument that EVERYONE that is 'GUD' uses, L2Dodge.

-CA2 reworked to some sort of movement skill. I think Photon Forge has shown us what a well-designed transform kit can look like (powercreep aside). Druid arguably has the best mobility of all the support classes, so this niche could be further emphasized if it got some sort of mobility in the CA form itself. Seed of Life is honestly just very clunky, mostly due to the blossom delay. A short leap, dash, or shadowstep could be of huge benefit, especially considering CA4/GoR/GoA/GoU are all PBAoE.-1200 range given back to SnR. One word: Transfusion. If Transfusion is okay on Scourge, 1200 range on SnR is also okay.

The SIZE of other classes AOE's are much larger than druids. I'm looking at the holo, Warrior, Guard, Ele and Necro.Staff 3, 4 and 5 need to effect a larger area...or other classes effects need to be corrected.

Side note Transfusion from Scourges and the overpowered synergy of scourge and firebrand needs to stop.

I don't want to be like them, I don't want to compare our underpowered abilities to their overpowered ones.It's not healthy for the game. I was in a match last night where there were no good counterplay options. In a 3v3 group fight, which is common in arenas, a scourge and a guard and a scourge were killable but undownable. Literally 1.5 seconds after one is down, one is back up. It wasn't easy to get them down in the first place and the dmg they can put out isn't something I can ignore.

Glyphs and blossom delayThe delay can work in your favor ( sometimes ) because of the odd timing it's not always so easy to dodge the blind. But, It's only good in fights vs uncoordinated power players in melee range.

Side note why did they make the bloom/blind so organic and slow, like a plant actually growing? From a Lore explanation, it doesn't have to be so organic.If mesmers can have clones why can't Druids cause illusions via mind altering substances?

I dunno...I don't spend a ton of my time playing Druid, so I don't know what would be of most benefit as I do for Ventari Rev, for example, but I just want to see the spec thrive as a serious support outside of PvE. Being a "buffer" from spirits, Spotter, and GotL doesn't mean jack kitten in WvW or PvP. Firebrand is an unhealthy example of support, and frankly it pisses me off that it exists to the degree it does. It needs to be brought down, but other support classes (mainly Druid, Tempest, and Ventari Rev) could use some love.

The funny thing about all this, is that currently Druid is very playable in Ranked and to a high lvl of play.Disagree? Don't make me summon @jcbroe.4329

Side note Completely off topic...or is it?? hmm?If a company relies on expansions to stay profitableand said company adds new classes and Specs to each expansionit only stands to reason, each expansion is going to substantially increase the chance of unbalanceand simultaneously increase the balance (more work for the devs!) needed in pve and pvp.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

As for Seed of Life, it's one of those things where form ruins function instead of following it. Most just want it to access the effects faster but it's tied to the animation of the seed pop. Cosmic Ray also has this issue being a 0.5s cast and the healing ray taking another 0.25s to travel to the point.

Both skills makes Druid in CA look like a Grenade Engineer trying to hit moving targets, ending up having to aim ahead and predict where allies go instead of healing them where they are. I'm also still not down with Natural Convergence in both the stability and being rooted.

Smaller changes like having Cosmic Ray's cast time reduced and speeding up the Cosmic Ray beam; moving the heal and condition removal from Seed of Life up front (upon creation) and leaving the blind-on-pop at the end; and changing Natural Convergence to not only be used on the move, but add ally support by a having it grant the player and nearby allies 1 stack of stability for 2s on each pulse (3 pulses), and then heal allies when it completes.

Nice way of putting it.Agree.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Smaller changes like having Cosmic Ray's cast time reduced and speeding up the Cosmic Ray beam; moving the heal and condition removal from Seed of Life up front (upon creation) and leaving the blind-on-pop at the end; and changing Natural Convergence to not only be used on the move, but add ally support by a having it grant the player and nearby allies 1 stack of stability for 2s on each pulse (3 pulses), and then heal allies when it completes.I would be a lot happier with Seed of Life if it were implemented like that. I don't have a problem with the blind or field being delayed, but if you are trying to clear conditions for your buddies as a druid, some more reliability would go a long way.A Natural Convergence change like that would be incredibly strong, so would probably need a hefty CD increase, but that would add some awesome utility.

And yes, some pet F2 tweaks specifically for WvW group play would be nice. Off the top of my head: Reef Drake's Sonic Barrier also be its on-land F2; Sand Lion's F2 grants allies a barrier instead of pulsing blind/damage; Jungle Stalker's F2 cast time reduced; Polar Bear's F2 additionally encases struck foes in a block of ice for 1.5s; Jaguar's F2 losses ferocity gain in trade for also applying stealth to allies; and Aqua Stalker's (Cheetah) F2 made more watery (?) by having it create a whirlpool at the start and target destination that allies could use as a portal but has reduced uses (like 10) instead of more swiftness.Those are some nice ideas. I never even realized Reef Drake's underwater skill was a projectile reflect. Utility moves like this would be so nice. I would also like it if my pet stayed alive for more than a few seconds in WvW zergs, even when it's on passive. My poor bear melts so fast.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:The SIZE of other classes AOE's are much larger than druids. I'm looking at the holo, Warrior, Guard, Ele and Necro.Staff 3, 4 and 5 need to effect a larger area...or other classes effects need to be corrected.I think that Staff 4 and 5 could use an increase in area, but Staff 3 is solid as is. I think a helpful change to Staff 2 would be to have it usable without a target, in which case it would circle around the actual Druid themselves. That way, there would be a more reliable way of healing players while outside of CA form, even if just for a little more.I don't want to be like them, I don't want to compare our underpowered abilities to their overpowered ones.It's not healthy for the game. I was in a match last night where there were no good counterplay options. In a 3v3 group fight, which is common in arenas, a scourge and a guard and a scourge were killable but undownable. Literally 1.5 seconds after one is down, one is back up. It wasn't easy to get them down in the first place and the dmg they can put out isn't something I can ignore.Fair point and I totally respect that. You are right that it could easily become unhealthy. One difference in this would be the fact that SnR is on a much larger cooldown than Transfusion, but I could see instances where 1200 range could be too much, especially with Druid's access to stealth. I still like the skill as is, I just can't ever find the spot for it on my bar.Glyphs and blossom delayThe delay can work in your favor ( sometimes ) because of the odd timing it's not always so easy to dodge the blind. But, It's only good in fights vs uncoordinated power players in melee range.Yeah for SoL I was moreso referring to the condition clear part of it. I think that having a delay on the blind is fine. As far as Verdant Etching goes, I would rather have something different, but I'm not sure what that would be. I remember that Shadowpass suggested a bit of self-alacrity after using a glyph. I like that idea and I think it makes sense thematically.The funny thing about all this, is that currently Druid is very playable in Ranked and to a high lvl of play.Disagree? Don't make me summon @jcbroe.4329I suppose I should be a little more clear on this. I don't really play sPvP anymore because I can't stand the meta that PoF brought (Scourge, FB, Mirage). I almost never set foot in there anymore, and if I do, it's usually just to play around in unranked on my Soulbeast. What I was saying is that in terms of actually fulfilling a support role comparable to that of Firebrand, it falls short. I spend almost all of my time now in WvW so that is mostly the lens I was looking through, where I believe is is emphasized even more. From what I have heard from higher tier players, Druid in sPvP is pretty substantially outshined by Spellbreaker as a sidenoder, but I could be wrong. I don't want Druid to become broken in that role again, but to move towards a legitimate support role. Just my personal bias and hopes though. I mentioned the Spotter/GotL/Spirits thing because I feel like that is what makes it so strong in PvE, but what is also holding it back in other settings. Hope that makes sense.

The SIZE of other classes AOE's
are much larger than druids. I'm looking at the holo, Warrior, Guard, Ele and Necro.Staff 3, 4 and 5 need to effect a larger area...or other classes effects need to be corrected.I think that Staff 4 and 5 could use an increase in area, but Staff 3 is solid as is. I think a helpful change to Staff 2 would be to have it usable without a target, in which case it would circle around the actual Druid themselves. That way, there would be a more reliable way of healing players while outside of CA form, even if just for a little more.
I don't want to be like them, I don't want to compare our underpowered abilities to their overpowered ones.It's not healthy for the game. I was in a match last night where there were no good counterplay options. In a 3v3 group fight, which is common in arenas, a scourge and a guard and a scourge were killable but undownable. Literally 1.5 seconds after one is down, one is back up. It wasn't easy to get them down in the first place and the dmg they can put out isn't something I can ignore.
Fair point and I totally respect that. You are right that it could easily become unhealthy. One difference in this would be the fact that SnR is on a much larger cooldown than Transfusion, but I could see instances where 1200 range could be too much, especially with Druid's access to stealth. I still like the skill as is, I just can't ever find the spot for it on my bar.
Glyphs and blossom delay
The delay can work in your favor (
sometimes
) because of the odd timing it's not always so easy to dodge the blind. But, It's only good in fights vs uncoordinated power players in melee range.Yeah for SoL I was moreso referring to the condition clear part of it. I think that having a delay on the blind is fine. As far as Verdant Etching goes, I would rather have something different, but I'm not sure what that would be. I remember that Shadowpass suggested a bit of self-alacrity after using a glyph. I like that idea and I think it makes sense thematically.
The funny thing about all this, is that currently Druid is very playable in Ranked and to a high lvl of play.Disagree? Don't make me summon @"jcbroe.4329"
I suppose I should be a little more clear on this. I don't really play sPvP anymore because I can't stand the meta that PoF brought (Scourge, FB, Mirage). I almost never set foot in there anymore, and if I do, it's usually just to play around in unranked on my Soulbeast. What I was saying is that in terms of actually fulfilling a support role comparable to that of Firebrand, it falls short. I spend almost all of my time now in WvW so that is mostly the lens I was looking through, where I believe is is emphasized even more. From what I have heard from higher tier players, Druid in sPvP is pretty substantially outshined by Spellbreaker as a sidenoder, but I could be wrong. I don't want Druid to become broken in that role again, but to move towards a legitimate support role. Just my personal bias and hopes though. I mentioned the Spotter/GotL/Spirits thing because I feel like that is what makes it so strong in PvE, but what is also holding it back in other settings. Hope that makes sense.

I agree with everything you said.

Staff 3, you're right, although it can be tricky to land. Maybe that's the rub though?I like the idea of staff 2.Staff 5 Id like to see a full bubble or a full unblockable wall 40 ft high. Right now, certain classes can shoot over it , I believe. The fact that a class like a deadeye can already 3 shot me from a perch is BS enough...but for my temporary defense to not work at all...yeah, I no like.In addition to that Id LOVE to see an alternate effect put on it like sword 2 has--- instead make it like the Mesmers Focus Pull or swap places with people pulled at the location? maybe not, that would be a coding nightmare and pvp doesn't need more CC.

But with size, I didn't mention it but with Glyphs effects, the aoe is too small. They are time gated and not all are instacast and even the effects like the Blind isnt instacast. Do they cover a whole node even?

And yeah, about druid being good...while I enjoy it, and I think it can play at very high levels, I can't really disagree that it is outclassed at the Highest Level of PlayMany players are being exposed to the highest levels of play with AT's.

And my 'disagree?' comment wasn't so much directly aimed at you. but at other stragglers and nay sayers that want to throw their inexperienced "DRUIDS ARE TRASH" opinion into the conversation. I have a huge fondness for druid and the complete package that it is. I love the games that I can play with Point management, stealing nodes, supporting team members, stealth rezzes etc etc. I get a little too passionate about it.

Remove the "target required" on staff auto. It was an unnecessary nerf to begin with. Also increase the target size of cele form auto or better yet, remake it into a cone/pbaoe heal. I'd also do something about how cele energy is generated and the forms duration but too tired to go into that.

• 4 weeks later...

It's surprising to me people are not really having trouble aiming ever-moving randoms with cele 1 and 2 as I do. In fractal pugs, it's hard for me to predict where people may go, especially when things get hectic like Swamp with toxic trail we had today. I wish these were player-targeted skills, or alternatively, way more <3 visible <3 and <3 shiny <3, so that people can just stay on or run to the seeds or whatever that I pop at their feet as they get low, instead of running away from them.

@Soggy Biscuit.9372 said:It's surprising to me people are not really having trouble aiming ever-moving randoms with cele 1 and 2 as I do. In fractal pugs, it's hard for me to predict where people may go, especially when things get hectic like Swamp with toxic trail we had today. I wish these were player-targeted skills, or alternatively, way more <3 visible <3 and <3 shiny <3, so that people can just stay on or run to the seeds or whatever that I pop at their feet as they get low, instead of running away from them.

Don't use CA 1 & 2, they provide the least amount of healing and just aren't worth the trouble. Use CA 4, 3, 4 and then back out of CAF, 1 and/or 2 can be used as fillers while waiting for 4 to come off cooldown but they don't matter as much.

1 and 2 would be much better with either a wider aoe, GW2 doesn't seem to have a system in place where you can target a friendly so bigger AOE is a necessity.

Archived