Guildwars mobile

With all the updates that's happening to guildwars, I feel mobile is the way to go with it. You wouldn't haven't to necessarily make new content but you can surely monetize it with the cash shop. It's old enough that a mobile version can be an exact duplicate of its PC brother. And it's big enough to occupy anyones time for short burst without the need of constant updates. Would anyone be interested in such a version. Let's discuss.

The requirements for a mobile version is too high to be a port of the PC game........ and thats just technical concerns. Then when you get into the UI, its a whole different mess of problems that aren't solvable with the current methods of touch screen designs we have for smart phones. Next is bandwidth, which is extremely bursty given the player exponential effect. No.... a mobile version of the game would have to be its a own game, with a different game play core.

But the question is.... what format would be remotely interesting, and not just a clone of some other format?

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:With all the updates that's happening to guildwars, I feel mobile is the way to go with it.

Discuss? Sure. A mobile "port" of GW would cost as much as completely rewriting the client from scratch, because very little of the code is reusable, and would suck because mobile devices don't have 15 inputs for skills, let alone the rest of the action bindings.

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@Vash.2386 said:I'd just be happy with a mobile version where you could access the trading post and gem store, bank and character inventory and guild chat/friend list.

Bro, you can already do all of that with Gw2 efficiency. Look it up.

I don't need to look it up because you can't. You cannot move items off a character at efficiency. You cannot buy or sell or collect items from the tp and you cannot guild chat at gw2efficiency.

Unless I am totally not seeing an area there where I can do all that please show me a link how I can do all the above.

@Vash.2386 said:

@Vash.2386 said:I'd just be happy with a mobile version where you could access the trading post and gem store, bank and character inventory and guild chat/friend list.

Bro, you can already do all of that with Gw2 efficiency. Look it up.

I don't need to look it up because you can't. You cannot move items off a character at efficiency. You cannot buy or sell or collect items from the tp and you cannot guild chat at gw2efficiency.

Unless I am totally not seeing an area there where I can do all that please show me a link how I can do all the above.

As far as I know you cannot do the things you listed. Maybe in the future it will be possible through a mobile app or something. But for the time being gw2 efficiency is the closest you'll get to accessing your account information.

Archived