Winform Picturebox — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Winform Picturebox

Hi, when I try to load a picture from the api inside a winform app I am developping, I get a 500 error.
I tested with other websites url and they work just fine.

Comments

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

which picture do you try to load?

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

Works for me. Does it work for you in your browser? I'm strongly suspecting that your issue actually lies with the programming language, not the resource.

Also, please, for all that is holy, don't directly fetch from the API every time you need the image data. Cache that stuff.

• I am using C# and it is working in my browser too.
    I try to use the following:

pictureBox.Load(pictureUrl)

and This is where I get my Exception (500)

I am still new at developping software, I am making this one for personal use and for practice

Strange. I get the following error in my Firefox browser:

{"error":48,"product":0,"module":2,"line":89,"text":"file couldn't be loaded"}

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• I just tried on firefox and it worked fine for me

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.