Hats off to you, Mr. Roy

Lonewolf Kai.3682

In light of Roy Conacher's Twitter annoucement, I thought this subforum should just take a moment to thank him. He has many, many credits for the development of GW2, but he'll always have a place in every Revenant's heart, especially mine. May your new path lead you to happiness, wealth, and well-being.

Hats off to you, Mr. Roy. You Sir, are what every developer should strive to be.

He's announced that he is leaving ArenaNet.

From my short memory, he was a part of the balance team couple years ago, had a big role in designing and getting feedback for Revenant in the betas and then got moved on to mount design and pve stuff.

@Rym.1469 said:He's announced that he is leaving ArenaNet.

From my short memory, he was a part of the balance team couple years ago, had a big role in designing and getting feedback for Revenant in the betas and then got moved on to mount design and pve stuff.

How exactly do you go from balancing a profession that most players want to have more build options with it to mount design?

Thank you for everything Roy. The revenant is and will always be my favorite class. It was a bold move to step outside of the norm with the energy concept. The skills are powerful and so much fun to play. Not easy to step outside of the box and develop something exciting and new. Good luck to you in the future my man. Sad to see you go

@Nivik.2961 said:Thank you for everything Roy. The revenant is and will always be my favorite class. It was a bold move to step outside of the norm with the energy concept. The skills are powerful and so much fun to play. Not easy to step outside of the box and develop something exciting and new. Good luck to you in the future my man. Sad to see you go

Here, here!

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:he's leaving cuz they won't let him fix the class

LOL

Years ago he and Jon Sharp wrecked classes on the regular. They had a particular distaste for the Ranger as was evident in live streams and whatnot they did when doing shows about balancing. Things got better for all the classes after Jon Sharp left the Balance Team and Anet... but since Roy hasn't been on the balance team for awhile, I don't think there will be the same bump like when Sharp left, but at least Roy won't be dropping venom in any ears at the headquarters now about class balance at all.

Archived