Weaver Scepter/F PvE build

Almondjoy.8964

I made an Ele with my lvl 80 boost and I love weaver and after playing fresh air scepter in PvP I was wondering if their was something similar and viable doing sorta the same in PvE?

Weaver gives me hardcore Invoker vibes (Dota 2) and Magicka vibes which was an amazing game in its own right.

Some time ago I tried to make a scepter burst build adapted for PvE. I was unsuccessful.it's difficult because the bigger enemies have waaay more health than players, and the smaller ones tend to come in numbers, and instakilling one has little value

this was before I had a lot of practice with making up burst combos on the fly, so it might be worth another look

@Almondjoy.8964 said:I made an Ele with my lvl 80 boost and I love weaver and after playing fresh air scepter in PvP I was wondering if their was something similar and viable doing sorta the same in PvE?

Weaver gives me hardcore Invoker vibes (Dota 2) and Magicka vibes which was an amazing game in its own right.

The only build that would actually work well on scepter is FA tempest with warhorn since they add everything that scepter lacks in pve: sustained damage and aoes.

Viper Scepter Focus, WeaverFireArcane works pretty well on anything except some cherrypicked raid encounters.

Of course it's not meta/clearspeed stuff, but it's perfectly playable without getting carried at all. It's play style isn't comparable to the pvp variant though.

Honestly, the regular scepter fresh air build will work fine for most content. You can pump out decent single target damage with just air auto > attunement swap > air proc. And jumping into fire for some quick aoe. Is it gonna be anywhere close to optimal? No, but does it do what it needs to do? Yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that Tempest Fresh Air is really a lot better than weaver for PvE with scepter. I just find the damage on weaver's scepter to lack burst, AoE damage and even sustain (takes longer to access 4/5 skills on water) when compared to tempest overloads. Its also significantly harder to play, making you lose focus on reacting/dodging to check on your attunements/skill cooldowns. To survive harder content you need higher healing power to make the barriers/sustain better, and that makes your already not great damage even lower.

• 1 month later...

@teonimesic.1403 said:I find that Tempest Fresh Air is really a lot better than weaver for PvE with scepter. I just find the damage on weaver's scepter to lack burst, AoE damage and even sustain (takes longer to access 4/5 skills on water) when compared to tempest overloads. Its also significantly harder to play, making you lose focus on reacting/dodging to check on your attunements/skill cooldowns. To survive harder content you need higher healing power to make the barriers/sustain better, and that makes your already not great damage even lower.

I agree with this. I tried weaver scepter in PvE and it just didn't go well. Was getting almost no sustain... I'm going to use weaver (Sc/Focus) in WvW and Tempest FA (Sc/WH) in PvE

Archived