How good is warrior at soloing champion mobs open world?

Horan.7013

I was able to solo living world 3 champion super easy with my scourge without even know much about scourge (been playing as a reaper before).However I couldn’t do it with my So-called OP mirage. Probably my player skill level is pretty low.Anyway, I didn’t like the play style of the Mirage and I generally don’t like pet class too much.I was told warrior is very newbie friendly and tanky.Can warrior solo champions in HoT and PoF open world? How hard is it? And what elite specialization can pull it off easiest?

If you have skill, then spellbreakers are immortal, stuff may take longer to kill than other classes, but as spellbreaker i can casually survive what other classes cannot all thx to Full Counter. As long your damage is higher than a enemies possible health regen, you'll solo it.

Mirage dodge is pretty much a 0 cd full counter to be honest, i stopped playing my mirage, cuz way too strong in everything related non-raid pve/WvW.

Meanwhile warrior survivability keeps getting nerfed in pve lul

@HyperLooser.2698 said:If you have skill, then spellbreakers are immortal, stuff may take longer to kill than other classes, but as spellbreaker i can casually survive what other classes cannot all thx to Full Counter. As long your damage is higher than a enemies possible health regen, you'll solo it.

Mirage dodge is pretty much a 0 cd full counter to be honest, i stopped playing my mirage, cuz way too strong in everything related non-raid pve/WvW.

I agree that mirage is OP. Been playing Mirage before I made a warrior. I didn’t like the Mirage play style but yes it is OP as hell. The whole mirage cloak and ambush mechanic is bound to be broken. Not sure what Anet was thinking. How can you balance a character with such mechanics lol.Btw, why warrior survivability keeps getting nerfed in PVE???

@Horan.7013 said:

@HyperLooser.2698 said:If you have skill, then spellbreakers are immortal, stuff may take longer to kill than other classes, but as spellbreaker i can casually survive what other classes cannot all thx to Full Counter. As long your damage is higher than a enemies possible health regen, you'll solo it.

I agree that mirage is OP. Been playing Mirage before I made a warrior. I didn’t like the Mirage play style but yes it is OP as hell. The whole mirage cloak and ambush mechanic is bound to be broken. Not sure what Anet was thinking. How can you balance a character with such mechanics lol.Btw, why warrior survivability keeps getting nerfed in PVE???

Typically PvE gets nerfed because of issues in either WvW or PvP. It's been that way since the beginning of GW2 and is one of the things that frustrates me the most about the game's balancing philosophy.

Back to your original question, in my experience warrior can definitely solo champions and spell breaker is the elite that can do it easiest (because of full counter and magebane tether+might makes right). The keys are to land your bursts and full counters, use your CCs, and manage your weapon swaps.

you should not have issues soloing open world pve champs if you are using defense line. You can always use rifle if melee is not an option.

On another note, mirage survivability in PvE or PvP is surely not as good as SB. It just has better mobility.

@stone cold.8609 said:

Typically PvE gets nerfed because of issues in either WvW or PvP. It's been that way since the beginning of GW2 and is one of the things that frustrates me the most about the game's balancing philosophy.

Back to your original question, in my experience warrior can definitely solo champions and spell breaker is the elite that can do it easiest (because of full counter and magebane tether+might makes right). The keys are to land your bursts and full counters, use your CCs, and manage your weapon swaps.

It's not just WVW anymore..

Now classes get nerf simply because they do too good in raid... (RIP Druid...)

Raid pretty much kill many classes...(Pre-raid, anet will only nerf class base on pvp/ wvw, so the meta doesn't change. Now they gut classes base on raid, which then kill that class in all game modes)

I usually use some hero points in HoT to test if a class is able to solo some champion. Recently I started a warrior (just 2 weeks ago, so not enough to "get good") and compared with the mesmer (both core and mirage) and ranger (soulbeast), both played for the same amount of time (2 weeks), I can say that the warrior is definitely more difficult.The ranger was a walk in the park, even with champion+elite+veteran at the same time. The mirage was still easy, but a bit more difficult if also an elite joined the fight. The warrior is too hard for me... even if I sacrifice my dps to equip CC as utility skills. Better than the guardian (for me), on pair probably with the revenant, but still more difficult than the mesmer and ranger.So if you are used with the necro and had trouble with the mirage, I'd say that warrior won't be better. I'm sure that putting more hours in the class would improve my skills, but I had much better results with SB with the same amount of playing time.

EDIT: I tried a power berserker/spellbreaker. If the aim is to solo champ, probably a condi spec would be better. I didn't try it, because for that specific role there are simply better classes.

Archived