Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 11 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2018

@BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372 said:
    And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

I was wondering the same, I would have bet on it raising instead.....economics is not my (our) thing apparently.
    (That's why I'll never make big money playing on tp :/ )

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Kraggy.4169Kraggy.4169 Member ✭✭

@Biff.5312 said:
    Probably people have just given up on the idea altogether. It seems like it was a flash in the pan that will never be fixed so why invest in it? Clearly it's not meant to be important to the game, or they'd be on it more.

You're likely right, but when it appeared it made me wonder whether future LS installments may focus on underwater content and this swim speed boost was added to help that.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I did. I saved 10 keys.. never used any and was able to turn in all 10. Did the same for 2nd time around with 10 keys. on 3rd time around I could only hand in 2. So definitely bugged.

We know it's bugged because the Devs have stated it is so.
    Opening a full cycle of chests in one day has not really anything to do with whether one can loot a particular chest more than once per day.

Well gonna find out once it's fixed. Have over 20 keys saved up already.

• Darlgon.9273Darlgon.9273 Member ✭✭

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:
    Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

Has this happened to anyone?

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Undead Krait from Zaitan don't count. Nor do Scarletts undead Krait.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:

And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

I was wondering the same, I would have bet on it raising instead.....economics is not my (our) thing apparently.

Eh, it's pretty much the natural curve: the biggest draw of the infusions in collecting the 512 or whatever to purchase the fancy underwater bubble head skin. Prices were high because you could trade in-game gold for time to obtain it, by purchasing infusions from people who were more patient. I sold all the infusions I got specifically because of that: after that rush the prices would always drop -- almost every new item behaves that way -- and I could probably buy back as many as I sold and still have come out ahead on profit.

In general, unless there is an obvious long term place for players to spend, prices will always be very high at first, drop down once the things are obtained, and then stabilize out somewhat higher than the initial minimum because people stop farming them, reducing supply and so raising prices, until we get to the point that doing a daily key and chest run is cost-effective, but no more than the minimum.

• No bug fix. Welp. I guess there’s always next Tuesday.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

edited June 19, 2018

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Risen Krait don't count for the achievement. Every other krait I've killed counts.

For those doing Tequatl the event to protect the generators that spawns every fifteen minutes makes a ten kill super easy.

A Krait near the nearby northern generator I killed didn't count, I presumed it had spawned for the Teq. event which was going at the time even though the event wasn't in the 'defend the generators' phase .. the krait which attack the Asura outpost nearby always do count.

• mathion.8549mathion.8549 Member ✭✭

@Biff.5312 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

Probably people have just given up on the idea altogether. It seems like it was a flash in the pan that will never be fixed so why invest in it? Clearly it's not meant to be important to the game, or they'd be on it more.

The current rumor I've heard is that these will stand in for mounts underwater for the next map (which is supposedly ALL under water), so I suspect their necessity will be much higher than most people might be thinking. This also explains the sudden (and FIVE YEARS LATE!) "fix" to underwater battle. Before, it wasn't THAT relevant to game play, even if it was very uneven in how powerful it was with respect to land-based skills. If the rumors are true, it's likely to become VERY relevant to game play, at least in the expansions. (In an aside, I wonder if the randomness of the bug with the Dive Master achievement is tied to the underwater skill updates they did?)

It's POSSIBLE they've decided to abandon the achievement because of an intractable, and unpredictable, bug in the implementation and go with underwater mounts (or maybe just random underwater drops with achievement points assigned for X number of those drops) but it seems to me unless implementing that is easier than dealing with the bug, they're probably just waiting until they're sure they have a fix for the bug (a couple of the updates, from what I gathered, were directed toward fixing that bug, and didn't), they'll wait until the new chapter is out, which should be in like a week (June 26th, according to the wiki (Called "Long Live the Litch").

Personally, I like the achievement as is and hope it's fixed, but if underwater battle is going to be a bigger thing than it currently is, and speed underwater is to be improved without mounts, it'd be great to have a way to obtain the infusions through play fixed so the players can be better prepared for it. If they're waiting for the new chapter to come out to release the fix, a word or three about that would be nice, too.

• @Kraggy.4169 said:

A Krait near the nearby northern generator I killed didn't count, I presumed it had spawned for the Teq. event which was going at the time even though the event wasn't in the 'defend the generators' phase .. the krait which attack the Asura outpost nearby always do count.

I didn't mean the Tequatl phase of defend the batteries. The Asuran outpost has an event Defend the Generators where for five minutes the krait attack the outpost, it happens every fifteen minutes and those krait count. The krait by the northern battery are risen, where as the ones by the battery closest to the outpost are normal krait that do count for Blood in the Water.

• Caledon Forest has the easiest krait farm. NE section of the map, usually I don't even need to go underwater, but there are plenty of krait there, and most people are friendly about it. I will hold back on my damage if I see other players around.

• Aldaryn.4376Aldaryn.4376 Member ✭✭

I'd rather not have underwater mounts and keep the speed infusions. If it's too much trouble to fix the problem, they might make the keys a currency. I wish there was an easier way of getting infusions like crafting them or something.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I suspect that prices have dropped/stabilized because now that the mechanics of how the Swim infusions work have been figured out, it's simply not worth it to go for any infusion higher than +15. The Swim speed bonus is capped at 40%, including any other speed boosts you might have, so if you have a Swiftness or a +25% speed boost from any other source, you're already maxed out on swim speed and going any higher via the infusions is just a colossal waste of money. (In effect, they're similar to things like +20 Agony infusions, something solely for insanely rich players to sink their gold into as stores of wealth or as bragging displays.)

Not to mention that it's still entirely feasible that ANet will release an underwater mount one day (a possibility strengthened by the fact that we're now getting a 6th mount in LS4C3), which might make swim infusions largely redundant in most scenarios.

So, with those factors in mind, coupled with the fact that it's possible to get the bubble helm skin directly as a rare drop from the Sunken chests, that does put quite a damper on direct demand for the infusions.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭

@Countess Aire.9410 said:
    Chests are not resetting for at all. Spent a gold jumping to every chest. They are still open been that way for a week. If you are going to put equipment behind events collection at least make sure the events is fully functional. Sitting on 18 keys so far and the chests are not resetting. Love the game, but hate this event idea. To expensive and bugged to boot. ANET you can do so much better than this.

Park a character at one of the chests and check it once a day. I have a character parked in Timberline Falls to kill krait at the tower. When they fix the bug I'll park a character at each chest so I can quickly finish off my keys without speeding silver on the jumps. I find shortcuts to avoid using WPs anyway.

• Sounds like a serious "charpark". My 20 chars are all parked at a flax field. I dont even think of the few silvercoins i spend using a WP. Chop a tree, catch a bunny and sell it to an ogre. You will quickly have the small change back you spend on using WPs. Maybe youre one of the fellow adventurers still running around naked because you are still afraid it can cost a coin. (no offense - just joking)

Opening the chests (if possible again) wont take so much time doing it with just your main charcter.

@mathion.8549 said:

@Biff.5312 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

The current rumor I've heard is that these will stand in for mounts underwater for the next map (which is supposedly ALL under water)

Well, the new trailer is pretty solidly disagreeing with that, what with all that sand, and dry ground, and stuff.

Honestly, though, I don't think anything has changed since the devs explained why Lake Doric is mostly dry: underwater combat is cool, but it isn't popular, and it has a number of uncomfortable limitations that mean it probably will never be popular, compared to other content. Notably, the 3D positioning is actually quite uncomfortable, and makes it very hard on players.

None of this means that individual players don't like it, just that over the entire population of players, not many people do. The developers are, I think, highly unlikely to have changed their view that the above means the best strategy is to keep underwater as "a little something on the side" rather than a core focus.

• So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

ya this is redickuless that its takeing so long to fix this issue and yet we have zero word on when this is going to get fixed. as far as games go this is unsatisfacroy for any game to leave a big issue like this with no comunication on if they are going to fix this soon or if its on the lower priority fix list. as a rule of thum if you get a bug in a game i would exspect a fix no longer then 2 week. the reason i say 2 weeks is becouse you start lossing players after 2 weeks with no coms on the issue of the bug in question. ples fix this

• @Belishine.7493 said:
    ya this is redickuless that its takeing so long to fix this issue and yet we have zero word on when this is going to get fixed. as far as games go this is unsatisfacroy for any game to leave a big issue like this with no comunication on if they are going to fix this soon or if its on the lower priority fix list. as a rule of thum if you get a bug in a game i would exspect a fix no longer then 2 week. the reason i say 2 weeks is becouse you start lossing players after 2 weeks with no coms on the issue of the bug in question. ples fix this

There is communication about it on the known issues page. They are currently investigating. Considering a new Living Story episode is coming out next Tuesday, it's probably low priority in comparison. :P

• @Lusteregris.2697 said:
    So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

It's neither urgent nor particularly important. It's just annoying since there's been so little "new" stuff to do besides this. Hotfixes are expensive and are generally reserved for game-breaking issues.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭

I agree this is pretty much a non-issue at this point. The bug has been identified, the fix is on the way, and we're not losing anything in the meantime since we can still collect keys. It could be argued that those affected are losing some potential tp profit, esp if the price of infusions crashes once all the bugged players can suddenly use all their stored keys but the price has been fairly stable during the bugged period so I'm not sure that will happen. Also, there are plenty of ways to make money in the meantime, so nbd . . .

But I'm not sure you can say this hasn't been interesting. If you read back through the thread from the beginning it's fascinating to watch how player responses developed and when and how anet communications did and didn't affect those responses. Besides, this thread has ten times the views of the next most viewed thread on the first page of the bug forum, despite the fact that the next most viewed thread -- storyline disconnects -- actually is game-breaking. So someone is finding it pretty interesting :)

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:

@Kraggy.4169 said:

I didn't mean the Tequatl phase of defend the batteries. The Asuran outpost has an event Defend the Generators where for five minutes the krait attack the outpost, it happens every fifteen minutes and those krait count. The krait by the northern battery are risen, where as the ones by the battery closest to the outpost are normal krait that do count for Blood in the Water.

I realised you were referring to the attack on the Asura outpost, I wa simply observing that krait for one event (that one) count but krait for another event (Tequatl) don't seem to (and yes, I should have used the word 'battery' for this location) .. however, I admit I didn't check if it's a 'risen krait' or not, you're clearly correct that it is.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Lusteregris.2697 said:
    So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

It's neither urgent nor particularly important. It's just annoying since there's been so little "new" stuff to do besides this. Hotfixes are expensive and are generally reserved for game-breaking issues.

Except that if the theory that the next LS chapter is UNDERWATER then it would be highly important if that is to launch as Anet planned, with players having had the chance to get speed boosts for it.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2018

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Lusteregris.2697 said:

Except that if the theory that the next LS chapter is UNDERWATER then it would be highly important if that is to launch as Anet planned, with players having had the chance to get speed boosts for it.

Did you watch the trailer? It will have an underwater part (0:39) but it's supposedly small compared to the whole map.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

my point being this has been brocken for a month and that is a long time for any game to have a bug untouched or not talked about. i still exspec to see bugs fixed in a timly maner witch is at max like 2 weeks. anylonger then the 2 weeks with out word on this or a hotfix for it shows that the devs dont care about seten areas of the game and are willing to leave issue fester and will make players leave becouse of it. that is why i see this needs fixed soon. in life its beater to fix the issue as it comes then to wait and push it off becouse it couses bigger issues in the long run. all i want is the game to be as good as it can be.

• Basically, I think that the frustration comes from the fact that there is a portion of players that are cut off from part of the content and all they can do is sadly watch others play it with no issue. That portion is apparently too small for Anet to bother unfortunately.

• I've kind of lost hope that this issue will be fixed. I have been sending in some bug reports explaining the issue to ANET but nothing has seem to be fixed in this bug. After being away from the game for about a week now I came back on to see if anything has changed, and they still haven't fixed the issue. I sent in one last bug report and now I'm going to take a HUGE break from this game. Maybe it will be fixed when they release the next story? Maybe not. We shall see.

• @Zaraki.5784 said:

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Lusteregris.2697 said:

Did you watch the trailer? It will have an underwater part (0:39) but it's supposedly small compared to the whole map.

Honestly considering the time it would take to collect enough bubbles to actually get the new underwater mask I was thinking that the new expansion they will most likely be building has more of an underwater theme.
    They may have updated the underwater fighting to get more people to explore the water, but is there not an underwater dragon that we will most likely be seeing? That's my thoughts why the finally tried to update some of the underwater stuff, not just because the player base has been hating underwater combat since the launch of the game. Possibilities may include an underwater mount. But we shall still have to see.
    I am so pissed that this bug hasn't been fixed yet.

• @Kraggy.4169 said:

@Lusteregris.2697 said:

Notice that the comment to which I was responding was implicitly asking for a hot fix, meaning: why wasn't it already patched. And again, because last week and today, it is not urgent nor important. There isn't any underwater content of critical importance to the game for which swim infusions matter that much. And even if it were, the price of swim infusions has dropped substantially.

The only thing that this bug gates for us is either a little gold (if we were to sell the infusions at market prices) or the ability to farm our own special breather skins. And both those things will get addressed whenever it's fixed, whether today or next year.

tl;dr it's still not urgent nor very important.
    (and if next Tuesday's patch changes that, we can be reasonably sure that the fix will be implemented by then)

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Lusteregris.2697 said:

Which, for the record, is exactly what ANet said they would be doing with underwater content when they released Lake Doric, and which they have done consistently since then. So, yeah, that isn't exactly surprising.

The whole underwater skills thing was no different to any other skill balancing pass, save for the (lack of) frequency they bother.

@Snowblindness.7156 said:
    Basically, I think that the frustration comes from the fact that there is a portion of players that are cut off from part of the content and all they can do is sadly watch others play it with no issue. That portion is apparently too small for Anet to bother unfortunately.

ANet have acknowledged the bug, developed a fix, and are testing it to ensure that it works correctly. This is literally the opposite of "too small ... to bother".

@Kasia.4573 said:
    I've kind of lost hope that this issue will be fixed. I have been sending in some bug reports explaining the issue to ANET but nothing has seem to be fixed in this bug.

That was kind of you, but completely unnecessary because, as noted, ANet have already developed a fix, and are testing it to ensure it works correctly.

@Belishine.7493 said:
    my point being this has been brocken for a month and that is a long time for any game to have a bug untouched or not talked about.

ANet have talked about it: acknowledged that it is a bug, in this very thread, confirmed they have a fix and are testing it, put the information in the "known bugs" tracker so we can see that in the place they use to communicate about these things, etc.

I'm also pretty sure that "to have a bug untouched" is not the correct way to describe "we have investigated, developed a fix for, and are testing that fix" regarding a bug.

it shows that the devs dont care about seten areas of the game and are willing to leave issue fester and will make players leave becouse of it.

They are, apparently, going to lose players despite doing literally everything you have asked for, since you are talking about leaving over this. I feel that somewhat weakens your argument.

wow slippy it showing you are not fully reading what is being sead over the points. all i am saying is that the longer a bug exsistes the more peps get angre and have i higher chance of leaveing the game do to it not geting fixed. also on top of that some issue that are in the game are not touched for a year or so and then they finaly decide to fix it well now they mess it up becosue they let the bug/ issue fester for far to long and wonder what just happened. so in the contect you misinterrited on what i was stating in the first place.

• Dreamer.1952Dreamer.1952 Member
    edited June 21, 2018

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

ANet have talked about it: acknowledged that it is a bug, in this very thread, confirmed they have a fix and are testing it, put the information in the "known bugs" tracker so we can see that in the place they use to communicate about these things, etc.

Where did you get the info about "they have a fix and testing it" give us a link plz?

I just watched here https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker, and there only its saying Verifying.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can use the 'Next ArenaNet Post' feature to read all the Devs posts in this thread.

Good luck.

@Dreamer.1952 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Where did you get the info about "they have a fix and testing it" give us a link plz?

I just watched here https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker, and there only its saying Verifying.

Bless your heart, the "Verifying" state in the Known Issue Tracker means, exactly, "We have a fix and are testing it".

If you need another source for that, for whatever reason, then this post by Gaile should sort you out.

In future, incidentally, the "ArenaNet" icon on the post takes you to their first comment, and there is an "ArenaNet >" link in the header of their posts to go to the next, where you could read the progression yourself.

I hope that helps you understand the situation, and the meaning of the Known Issue Tracker should a similar question come up in future. Have a nice day.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not aggravated too much. I'm getting my daily key, and hopefully I won't be capped at using ten a day once it's fixed but even if I am I will use up the extra fairly fast. But I have stopped even bothering to go look at the chests. Once I see patch notes and forum posts saying they work again, then I'll take the time to map hop.

• inubasiri.8745inubasiri.8745 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2018

Bug is still alive afaik. I can't open any chests anymore.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

No I haven't, apart from my own thoughts when this feature was added I didn't know where others seemed to have got information about it, thanks for the link.

edited June 22, 2018

@Kasia.4573 said:
    Honestly considering the time it would take to collect enough bubbles to actually get the new underwater mask I was thinking that the new expansion they will most likely be building has more of an underwater theme.

Well you've been able to buy a mask since Bitterfrost in only 3 or so days of farming Winterberries, which is where I got mine from when I saw the absurd price of the one from the sunken chests, I'm only farming the fusions for the buff.

@Donari.5237 said:
    I'm not aggravated too much. I'm getting my daily key, and hopefully I won't be capped at using ten a day once it's fixed but even if I am I will use up the extra fairly fast. But I have stopped even bothering to go look at the chests. Once I see patch notes and forum posts saying they work again, then I'll take the time to map hop.

Indeed, especially the bit about not having a lockout now that many will have over two cycles worth backed up.

edited June 22, 2018

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Dreamer.1952 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Bless your heart, the "Verifying" state in the Known Issue Tracker means, exactly, "We have a fix and are testing it".

If you need another source for that, for whatever reason, then this post by Gaile should sort you out.

In future, incidentally, the "ArenaNet" icon on the post takes you to their first comment, and there is an "ArenaNet >" link in the header of their posts to go to the next, where you could read the progression yourself.

I hope that helps you understand the situation, and the meaning of the Known Issue Tracker should a similar question come up in future. Have a nice day.

“Verifying” means we think we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works. (Info taken from https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker)

Lots of interpretation form you Slippy.

Fail in a Master Thesis

Edit:

There is a big difference between to think and to have.

As Example:
    I think i have money for a ice cream - Going to the iceman but the money is not enough or if iam lucky the money is enough.
    On the other hand, I know I have enough money. Then I can say, I have money for ice cream - Go to the iceman and buy my ice cream.
    If I go further in the "thesis": I have enough money but I dont know about the price increase wich happened on the same day - Going to the iceman but the money is not enough - This is just bad luck, an unknown factor and the probability of an "price increase (unknown factor)" is pretty low.
    Going to the iceman is "my test"

BUT Verifying is = "... we think..." and thats why i asked for links from you.

edited June 22, 2018

@Dreamer.1952 said:
    “Verifying” means we think we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works. (Info taken from https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker)

That phrase is grammatically incorrect whether or not it's in an 'official' post.

As a programmer I can't be testing code (aka, a 'fix') unless I have code to test! Yes, I can THINK the code I have fixes a problem but I can't THINK I have code.

Thus Slippy's "We have a fix and are testing it" is correct.

• I only once opened all 10 chests before, and i wanted to go for a 2nd round today since i have gathered 10 keys. But all chests seems to be opened, while it has been 2 weeks ago since i opened all the chests the first time. If this is a bug, it's weird that it hasn't been fixed yet.

@Dustbite.3670 said:
    I only once opened all 10 chests before, and i wanted to go for a 2nd round today since i have gathered 10 keys. But all chests seems to be opened, while it has been 2 weeks ago since i opened all the chests the first time. If this is a bug, it's weird that it hasn't been fixed yet.

This is a bug, as ANet have confirmed. They have a fix, and are testing it to make sure it is complete and correct. We can expect it in a patch soon -- probably the next one, but there is no official commitment to that, so it may be delayed by other issues. Regardless, it is being addressed, and in the interim you can continue to collect the keys to use once it is finally fixed.

@inubasiri.8745 said:
    Bug is still alive afaik. I can't open any chests anymore.

Yes, it is. ANet will put mention it in the patch notes when they have confirmed the fix works, and release it.

edited June 22, 2018

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Dreamer.1952 said:

That phrase is grammatically incorrect whether or not it's in an 'official' post.

As a programmer I can't be testing code (aka, a 'fix') unless I have code to test! Yes, I can THINK the code I have fixes a problem but I can't THINK I have code.

That Phrase is not entirly wrong.

Like you sad, They think they have a code (fix). And they dont think a code.

But still to think the code could fix, and not, it will fix, makes Slippy and you wrong. And "could" is what the phrase is saying and thats also what the "ice cream" story telling.

Be aware, with fixes for these kinds of bugs will only be released with updates/Releases. Thus, the fix may have been ready for awhile, and just awaiting next week's Release. I don't know how many times we've read the Devs state that they have a change or a fix for a bug, but are awaiting the next Release/update to ship.

@Dreamer.1952 said:

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Dreamer.1952 said:

That Phrase is not entirly wrong.

Like you sad, They think they have a code (fix). And they dont think a code.

But still to think the code could fix, and not, it will fix, makes Slippy and you wrong. And "could" is what the phrase is saying and thats also what the "ice cream" story telling.

I was trying not to engage with this further, but honestly: to me, this seems like completely pointless hair-splitting, which only produces value if you are trying very, very hard to build a case that ANet are somehow failing in their responsibility here.

The difference between "we changed the code to fix the bug, and are making sure we didn't miss anything" and "we changed the code in a way that we think has fixed the bug, and are making sure we didn't miss anything" is pretty much academic, if you apply the most pedantic possibly interpretation, and is zero in common use.

They can't 'verify' something they don't have. There's a fix for the bug; it's being tested in as many scenarios as possible to see if it works everywhere they can think of, within reason. (It's probably out of testing, and waiting for next week's patch to be released, tbh.)
    I don't know why so many people get hung up on venacular. /smh

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Man, you guys are pedantic. Have any of you ever thought that perhaps they made the status words ambiguous on purpose? That's what I would do: give away as little information as possible, while at the same time conveying SOMETHING about what the status currently is.

edited June 23, 2018

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    Man, you guys are pedantic. Have any of you ever thought that perhaps they made the status words ambiguous on purpose? That's what I would do: give away as little information as possible, while at the same time conveying SOMETHING about what the status currently is.

Honestly, I thought it was kind of ambiguous because we software developers are, like, super-duper pedantic about accuracy, and so the wording is vague because we literally break out in hives if you ask us to say "it is fixed" rather than "it is probably fixed" ;) Seriously, though, that.

Edit because this is apparently confusing: I do not work for ArenaNet, I have never worked for ArenaNet, and I almost certainly will never work for them. "We software developers" refers to the fact that I, among other things, develop software as part of my day job in an entirely unrelated industry and company, as do the people at ArenaNet who write software (and fix bugs like this).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.