Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 12 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    Man, you guys are pedantic. Have any of you ever thought that perhaps they made the status words ambiguous on purpose? That's what I would do: give away as little information as possible, while at the same time conveying SOMETHING about what the status currently is.

Honestly, I thought it was kind of ambiguous because we software developers are, like, super-duper pedantic about accuracy, and so the wording is vague because we literally break out in hives if you ask us to say "it is fixed" rather than "it is probably fixed" ;) Seriously, though, that.

That's a point I hadn't thought of. Good point!

• I completed the achievement, have the title and the infusions from the reward. I completed the achievement weeks ago, but recently had a key drop in WvW, so I made my way back to a chest. The problem is, the chests are still open, just as they were before I completed the overall achievement. Any fix for this, or am I possibly doing something wrong? Is there an NPC I need to speak with to reset the collection. Checked the wiki, but didn't seem to find any info about this there. Any help would be appreciated, figured I'd try this before I submit a ticket. thanks!

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2018

It's a known bug. There's an existing (merged) thread about it, and it's mentioned in the Known Issue Tracker.
    Short story: they have a fix that they are testing out, hope to have it with next patch, i.e. maybe it will be fixed on Tuesday

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭

and don't forget that the search function works now and can be very helpful with a topic that is still active and current.
    Merge please.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    Short story: they have a fix that they are testing out, hope to have it with next patch, i.e. maybe it will be fixed on Tuesday

Actually, they stated that the fix has been ready for a week now, but it won't be patched until the next big patch upon release of the new LW episode.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

Actually, they stated that the fix has been ready for a week now, but it won't be patched until the next big patch upon release of the new LW episode.

Where did you see that? I went by the two most recent dev comments on the forums and the lack of any official post about it on reddit

4 June

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

8 June

The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• crossoverAtt.9680crossoverAtt.9680 Member ✭✭
    edited June 24, 2018

They have marked this issue as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker. Getting a little ahead of themselves. Nothing is really solved until you actually implement into the game and it works. Of course this has been going on for weeks and it seems a bit odd not to have put more effort into addressing it. Presumably adding a swim buff for a game that has done a lot to minimize water combat and travel was done for a specific purpose -- like the kind that lands on June 26th. Doesn't really help with the 24 keys I have sitting in my bag and can't use.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    They have marked this issue as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker. Getting a little ahead of themselves. Nothing is really solved until you actually implement into the game and it works. Of course this has been going on for weeks and it seems a bit odd not to have put more effort into addressing it.

I agree. I already have 30 keys collected and still waiting for the patch. It will hopefully come with this week's update.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    They have marked this issue as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker. Getting a little ahead of themselves. Nothing is really solved until you actually implement into the game and it works.

That is a potential interpretation of the word "solved", but it is not what that word means in the context of the Known Issue Tracker, where the different terms have specific and defined meanings. In that context the word means "we have a fix, we have tested it works, and it is ready to ship".

Of course this has been going on for weeks and it seems a bit odd not to have put more effort into addressing it.

We have no idea how much effort was involved in this, behind the scenes. You are mistaking either "speed of patch delivery" or "amount of communication" for "effort".

• @crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    The original poster's question was "is this fixed or am I doing something wrong?" That is the topic.

Good thing that question was answered. More than once.

If you want to comment on the quality and frequency of communication, please start a new thread with that as the topic.

• So will there be a fix for this with the new living world?

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's possible. Even likely.

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    The original poster's question was "is this fixed or am I doing something wrong?" That is the topic.

If you want to comment on the quality and frequency of communication, please start a new thread with that as the topic.

Someone did. I commented there. Someone moved that conversation here and cut out most of the context that differentiated that poster's question.

• good to hear that it's known and getting fixed, thanks for the help!

• Zet.9130Zet.9130 Member ✭✭

Came to see if they had fixed the bug and found pages of bickering over semantics. Odd what some folk do for entertainment. Be back after next update.

Maybe it's worth double checking before attempting to post a correction.

Sure, going through 14 pages to "double-check"... I just discovered my mistake by accident, otherwise there would have been no correction. ;)

Anyway, a full month is a long time to have brand new content present that doesn't work properly. I wonder what is causing this issue.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

No need to go through 14 pages; use the 'Next ArenaNet Post' feature, instead.

• Powah.1672Powah.1672 Member ✭✭

Come on now #ArenaNet fix this issue!

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Powah.1672 said:
    Come on now #ArenaNet fix this issue!

Well there is a patch tomorrow no need to bump this today if it aint fixed by then you can complain =)

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

I got my fins, my snorkle and some keys. I am ready to quaggan my way to the chests once they are fixed. Patience all you grasshoppers.....

• just putting it out there , just doing daily keys i got up to 14 with out the bug being fixed before i quit , just used my t4 fractal gold from 14 days to out right buy the bubble helmet only cost me 220 gold at the time

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

We'll see in 3h.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Not mentioned in today's patch notes :/ Let's hope for a stealth patch....

Please nerf Paper and buff Rock. Scissors is ok as is. Signed, Rock.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/44775/game-update-notes-june-26-2018#latest
    Nothing about this bug in the recent patch notes, however I'll eventually check after downloading the patch.
    Did you forget to add in the patch notes or you're really saying that you haven't included this bug fix in today's patch?!!!

• Etaoin.4362Etaoin.4362 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Just logged in to check. Still no chest resets. Any devs willing to give a status update? It's been...a while now.

EDIT: The chests seem to have reset after re-logging. Phew!

• My chests seem to have been fixed after the patch (still haven't checked all of them, will report soon).

• Tiny Doom.4380Tiny Doom.4380 Member ✭✭✭

A fix for this bug was the main thing I was looking forward to in this update. Not especially interested in the Living World stuff, don't like mounts, don't do fractals. I have been doing my Krait daily every day on three accounts waiting for this fix. All three accoints are bugged. My wife's three accounts are bugged. Between us we have a lot of keys saved up. Can we please get some precise detail on when this is going to be fixed?

• Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭

Yep, very surprised this bug is still not fixed. can't be THAT tricky??
    Even checked, in case it was missed off the patch notes, but no. Now got 26 keys waiting to be used.

• Bug has been fixed for me - now the fun part - opening 31 chests...

Please nerf Paper and buff Rock. Scissors is ok as is. Signed, Rock.

• Apparently they fixed it... but only for some people. My chests are all fixed and I can open them normally.

• Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭

weird!! 2nd time I visited the map (about 2 mins apart, just time to make my last post!) my chest WAS reset. So....maybe....it IS fixed??

• bug seems fixed - did 2 things though - killed at least one krait after the patch and changed maps. Advised it for a second person and that seems to have helped them also.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I'm busy doing the new story stuff, but I'll check tomorrow to see if the chests have been fixed for me and report back. :)

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

For me this is fixed, although I got disconnected in Maelstrom and cant log in again after

Praise Joko!

• Gudy.3607Gudy.3607 Member ✭✭✭

This is fixed for me - I could open 25 chests in one go (well, modulo one server crash), cycling through the chests in achievement order.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

i can open the chests . check achievment before

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fixed for me too, used up all my keys, which bumped me up over my next chest in the ap reward track :)

• Still not fixed for me.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

Well, due to the story bugs, I ended up trying the chests instead. It seems to be fixed for me; opened the four locked chests that weren't interactable before, and opened 1 more when the achievement reset. I'll test all 9 remaining chests tomorrow and see if they still work properly.

• Ayli.1027Ayli.1027 Member ✭✭

Chests are working for me now. I was able to start opening the chests on the next Master Diver achievement after finishing it up, without the daily reset. I have over 20 keys to work with, so it seems you can continue to open the chest following the list on the achievement and start over, once you complete that list again.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jong.5937 said:
    Yep, very surprised this bug is still not fixed. can't be THAT tricky??
    Even checked, in case it was missed off the patch notes, but no. Now got 26 keys waiting to be used.

I'm sympathetic, and I know the question was kind of rhetorical, but ... yes, it really can be that tricky. Outwardly simple issues can have annoyingly deep causes in software, and worse, resolving them can be challenging without breaking something else entirely -- especially when your code covers a decade or so of regrettable life choices by past developers.

One clue that a bug is going to be annoying, subtle, and slow to fix is how it triggers. In this case it was triggering unpredictably, part way through an achievement cycle, for only some players. That suggests that the trigger conditions are not simple, and you have to hit some confluence of unfortunate events to kick it off ... and so fixing it is going to require untangling what exactly that is, how it confuses the backend system, and then figuring out how to both untangle it now, and fix it so broken player accounts regain access to the chests.

Plus, since nobody loses out on anything but time (and, well, a bit of profit, but such is life) on this -- key collection still works, and they can be spent when restored -- it has less urgency than if, say, it was a daily event that couldn't be caught up on.

• This patch fixed it for me. I opened 19 chests without any issues.

edited June 26, 2018

btw. Infusion falling and falling . 36/39s :-(

• So far so good for me!

24s and falling. they killed the price. lucky for everybody who was not affected by the bug /slowclap

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

Chests are back up and prices dropping, the system works!

New mount skins?! Anet take my money!

• @crossoverAtt.9680 said:

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:

Someone did. I commented there. Someone moved that conversation here and cut out most of the context that differentiated that poster's question.

So you felt victim to the "helpful" merging of topics by ArenaNet, completely ignoring context. And then get yelled at by some players who do not know that ArenaNet kitten up the merging of topics. Although in case of some of those players I should say ignore as they should be familiar with this practice of ArenaNet as it happens a lot and they (those players) are very well known with these forums.

edited June 26, 2018

@Drecien.4508 said:

They issue has been fixed?!? Why was there no mention of it in the update note???

Edit: Yes, it is working again for me as well.

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:

They issue has been fixed?!? Why was there no update note???

Not sure, maybe to be sneaky? Or to keep all the shines to themselves?

New mount skins?! Anet take my money!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.