Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Gopaka.7839Gopaka.7839 Member ✭✭✭

Finished the achievment "Master Diver " 2 times so far... I'm opening the chests only after I collect 10 keys and start opening all 10 chests in one go.
    Last night I finished collecting another 10 keys from drops, when I went to open the chests for a 3th time, all of them seemed to be opened. Last time I opened them was before few days (5-7 days). I tyed opening the 10 chest today too and again they are already opened. If the chest don't respawn daily, are they weekly? If so can Arenanet team confirm it, and if the chests work properly, as they are intended to, what can the players do with the extra keys they get from the daily and the drops ?

• I have the exact same status as Taniniver BlindDragon.9503. It's frustrating to see all the Chests open already.

• I see opened chests too. Chests aren't resetting.

• ...same issue here,anet again with head in the sand.

• So is there still no answer for this? I've only finished Master Diver once, maybe 2 weeks ago. All chests still say looted, can't open anymore and can't sell the keys.

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018

From the bug report thread, it sounds like almost everyone gets stalled partway through their third run of the achievement.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

so after 14 Days i have the same problem. Chest are all opened.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• MrFayth.3546MrFayth.3546 Member ✭✭

2/10 on the third completion. All chests already open and not interactive.

• DivaCeryn.2673DivaCeryn.2673 Member ✭✭✭

Completed dive master twice started the 3rd round got 6 of the 10 chests. today when to get the next on the list someone else was there it showed open for both of us. they had another one that was same as what i needed we both went there it showed open. I went to the last 2 on my list for the 3rd round both of those showed open as well. so on 3rd round i have 6/10 with the remaining 4 showing open and not just to me.

• Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭

It's not on the Known Issues Tracker, but I have to believe at this point they're aware; they only release hotfixes for gamebreaking stuff, so my guess is a fix for this won't come until Tuesday at the earliest.

I'm still bugged, btw. I just collect my daily key to open a bunch of chests at once when it's fixed.

• Ayli.1027Ayli.1027 Member ✭✭

I'm on my 3rd round of Master Diver achievement. I have 3 locations (Timberline Falls, Bloodtide and Snowden Drifts) where chests appear open and are not interactive. I sent a ticket and got response. ANet is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, no time frame of a fix was given though. So just waiting.
    A few points was given by Anet customer support.
    1. You can open chests in any order.
    2. You can open as many chests as you have keys for, given only one chest per your Master Diver list. You have to complete the list before starting to open the same chest and it has to be after the reset.
    3. No penalty for opening more than one chest in one day.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:
    Same problem here. Really annoying

Edit: I think the chests have a 10-day internal cooldown, the first chest I opened in my previous rotation was available today. Then I went to check the second one and it was also available. The third chest I opened wasn't available, it has been 2 days since my last "completion", so it hasn't been 10 days yet since I opened the third one. I will try it again tomorrow and if I can open it then it will be somewhat confirmed, at least for me, that you need to wait 10 days for the chests to become available again.

My suggestion to everyone, until Anet provides a good solution, is to always open the chests in the same order, preferably the order they appear in the achievement panel (so always start with Gendaran Fields). That way by the time you complete the achievement the first chest will become available again.

I've only had one extra key, and opened exactly 1 chest (though I don't remember the order) every day except the day I got the extra key. If they're on a 10 day cooldown, I shouldn't be stuck at 5/10 today.

Well I certainly hoped that would be the case. Went to my "third place" today and it wasn't open so yeah it's probably fully bugged/random or whatever and my 10-day theory doesn't work at all.

• Nagiil.1230Nagiil.1230 Member ✭✭

stuck at 6/10

• ariel.5038ariel.5038 Member ✭✭

Also stuck at 6/10 on round 3. All remaining chests show as open. Working through the list in order shown in achievement tracker.

• Zero of 10 on 3rd completion. Every chest I've gone to is already open.

• 5 / 10 of 3rd completion. i have 2 keys in my inventory. chests not resetting.

• Shagaliscious.6281Shagaliscious.6281 Member ✭✭✭

Just got this bug as well. I have completed master diver twice already with no issues, went to do my daily chest today, currently 6/10, and all the chests are looted.

• My chests are bugged as well, Tried different toons and maps.

• Just to pile on, I'm on 9/10 in my second run with the same problem. Last chest is visually already open and cannot be interacted with. I do have keys and I have confirmed that the Master Diver achievement shows that this chest (Whispering Falls POI) is unlooted.

• I too am having the same problem -- all the chests appear open on my second go around.

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Another night Another key. Another night the same 4 chests are not reset.
    Kessex Larmars Timberline and Mount Maelstrom

• curtegg.5216curtegg.5216 Member ✭✭

Round 3 of sunken treasure hunter and I have 5 sunken chests checked off and 5 not checked. Just checked all the non-checked ones and they are already opened and unlabeled. Can't use key even on a new day...kitten!

• Etaoin.4362Etaoin.4362 Member ✭✭

Add one more to the list for whom the chests are not resetting. 6/10 on this go-around.

• FeralOne.1093FeralOne.1093 Member ✭✭

@Kunzaito.8169 said:
    I finished Master Diver the second time through yesterday. Today, with a fresh key in hand and 0/10 on Master Diver, none of the chests are interactable (i.e. they display as open, no interact prompt at all).

I have this exact problem and just posted in Players Helping Players. Heard someone in-game Map Chat saying they too couldn't open any chests as all appear opened so I thought I'd better check Bug Reports. Boooo! Hope this gets fixed soon.

• paul.8059paul.8059 Member

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@Dmon.2089 said:
    Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

Same here on 3rd rotation and all chest are open and I have 3 keys now they are not reseting

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am surprised that no dev has posted on behalf of this issue yet.

• khani.4786khani.4786 Member ✭✭

All of my accounts are now bugged. My guess is that any chest that I've opened after they changed it to have a cast time is what is not resetting. All of my accounts are bugged in different spots.

• Also bugged. I'm on the 3rd cycle 2/10, the remaining 8 chests are already open.

• Same issue here. I was on my second round of Dive Master and I'm at 9/10 chests. This is the second day I am unable to loot any chests, and I did go to all 10 known locations. All the chests appear open. No response from ANet? :(

• Derpblox.2035Derpblox.2035 Member ✭✭

I've completed the first cycle of sunken chests and was able to go through a second cycle fine except for the Sunken Chest in Lornar's pass. I've seen other players interact with it so surrounding events aren't affecting it and I have a key so there shouldn't be a reason as to why I can't access it. The chest appears open to me with no tag name above it and no interaction prompt. It's keeping me from progressing forward with gathering the Swim Speed Infusions.

https://i.imgur.com/F7H1uqF.jpg

I've linked two images to show what's going on.

• CedarDog.9723CedarDog.9723 Member ✭✭✭

It's not just Lornar's Pass. A bunch of them are broken in this manner.

• Derpblox.2035Derpblox.2035 Member ✭✭

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing from others. It seems to be affecting people differently, nonetheless, it's keeping from further progress.

• TheNecrosanct.4028TheNecrosanct.4028 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018

Today is the first time I came across it. I'm on 6/10 of my 3rd cycle, but all 10 chests appear as opened to me, so I can't interact and loot any of them. I do these chests at the same time every day, just after reset, so I'm also positive I haven't opened any since the previous reset.

• I'm having this same key issue. 2 full rounds complete, on the 3rd round with 3 areas done, and all the sudden none of my characters can open any of the chests. I'm just stock piling keys for now.

This seems bugged because it seems to be random and I've talked to a few players in-game that say some of their accounts can still open the chests.

Can we get an anet response on this???

• BuD.7851BuD.7851 Member

6/10 3rd time through, last 4 chests are opened. Would really be nice to have a dev at least acknowledge this thread is here.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't matter what run you are on. It just happened no matter how far you've gone. I have multiple accounts (my main has had more keys so is further) and they all just stopped working. I saved up multiple keys over the course of a few days and after opening one chest the rest aren't working.

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

this is geting hard to progress with this now im on my third run of the master diver and have opened 5 of 10 of the cheasts. to be honest it suck geting half way and then geting a bug that stops everything. i did a full run of the ones i did not have yet for this the areas i have buged are mount mailstrom, timberline falls, iron marshes, frostguage sound, and bloodtide coast. this realy sucks geting so far then wam cant get anything for the some unknown reson ples fix this soon.

• stone cold.8609stone cold.8609 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018

I've got this bug now too. Have key in inventory, at 4/10 on my 3 time through the achievement and none of the chests are reset. Any word from ANet about this? Anyone find a way to resolve the issue?

• Bellefon.1259Bellefon.1259 Member ✭✭

@Ayli.1027 said:
    I'm on my 3rd round of Master Diver achievement. I have 3 locations (Timberline Falls, Bloodtide and Snowden Drifts) where chests appear open and are not interactive. I sent a ticket and got response. ANet is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, no time frame of a fix was given though. So just waiting.
    2. You can open as many chests as you have keys for, given only one chest per your Master Diver list. You have to complete the list before starting to open the same chest and it has to be after the reset.

Thanks for the clarification from customer support.

As with many others here, I also seem to be stuck in the third round of this achievement. Was able to complete 4 chests: Gendarran, Bloodtide, Frostgorge, & Mount Maelstrom. The remaining 6 chests never reset.

• poochz.4507poochz.4507 Member ✭✭

Same for me. Bugged. I have 2 keys, and 5 of the 10 are not openable. They appear already opened, but I haven't opened them in 2 days. Simply not resetting....

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

So I guess the message is "keep collecting your keys, and save them, you will be able to open the chests once the bug is fixed".

• Sneakr.3679Sneakr.3679 Member ✭✭

Add me to the list.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

@Bellefon.1259 said:

@Ayli.1027 said:

Thanks for the clarification from customer support.

As with many others here, I also seem to be stuck in the third round of this achievement. Was able to complete 4 chests: Gendarran, Bloodtide, Frostgorge, & Mount Maelstrom. The remaining 6 chests never reset.

Well, I guess that answers things. :) Thanks for sharing the info, Ayli! Now we just sit and wait and accumulate keys in the meantime, I guess.

• mrstealth.6701mrstealth.6701 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018

I started running into this problem on one account a day or two ago. I can't open chests in Iron Marches, Snowden Drifts, Frostgorge Sound, Lornar's Pass, and Mount Maelstrom. Stuck at 5/10 and now just hoarding keys.

edit:
    Make that two accounts. My main is now stuck at 6/10 with the same chests as above, minus Iron Marches, not resetting.

• I thought it was only me when I was asking ppl from my guild, but it's been 2 days already and now I see it's a global bug

• I finished the first cycle but haven't been able to finish a second. I opened 8 available chests, but my chest in Snowden and one in Kessex have been unavailable to open for all of the second cycle, so I'm blocked from completing a second cycle or getting any more swim infusions until this bug is fixed.

• @KaryuZeir.9346 said:
    I thought it was only me when I was asking ppl from my guild, but it's been 2 days already and now I see it's a global bug

I have the exact same issue, couple of days ago i could'nt open sunken treasures anymore. Now im stuck at the beginning of my third master diver cycle. I guess i am saving up my keys until they fix the bug :)

• Experiencing the same issue, submitted a bug report and put in a ticket but no response as of yet.

Stuck at 5/10 chests of Master Diver with Snowden Drifts, Frostgorge Sound, Lornar's Pass, Timberline Falls and Mount Maelstrom all showing as already opened and unable to be looted.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

+1 . . .

Stuck at 9/10 on third rotation, should be able to open Mt Maelstrom but all ten chests are already showing open, can't interact with any of them. Changing toons doesn't help. I guess just keep collecting keys till bug is fixed . . ?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.