Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Stuck in round 3 (for three days now) as are many. Chests show as "opened" and are not intractable even after dutifully slaying Vets assorted underwater vermin nearby. Chest bugged for me: Snowden (which I opened early in round 2) , Lornar's, Timberline and Mount Maelstom )all of which i did later in round 2.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

This bug is starting to bug me. I can't open Kessex Hills, Iron Marches, Lornar’s Pass, Timberline Falls or Mount Maelstrom. Has ANet even acknowledged this bug?

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

4 pages, maybe someone competent could give if they worked out the fix and what's ETA?

100 day time gate is already annoying, now add a bug and I already developed hatred state for the weekend

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭

Ping - rechecking for Anet comment.

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• Last Crysis.1934Last Crysis.1934 Member ✭✭✭

Can we get a time near each of the sunken chests in the achievement screen? So that we can know when we can open it. I am stuck at 4 chests I can't open. Unless this is a bug?

• CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think you can only re-open a chest if you've started a new cycle of the master diver achievement.

Praise delta!

I have restarted the cycle but and in the achievement log it tells me I am missing 4 chests but when I go to them they are open on the screen I can't progress the achievement and I am sitting on 2 keys.😕

• Obs.2413Obs.2413 Member

Bugged for me also. This is the second day (2 resets).

@Gop.8713 said:
    There's a bug that prevents progress, lots of ppl are stuck atm. You can collect keys but can't open any chests. There's a thread about it in the bug forum https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41528/sunken-chests-not-resetting#latest

Thanks for the information!

• Ray Koopa.2354Ray Koopa.2354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018

Started to happen for me today aswell. All chests are in the "open" state and cannot be interacted with.
    I remember dicking around trying to open chests yesterday without a key (seeing the "progress" indicator appear and thinking I could open them without a key, but just to get a "You are unable to open the chest" message). Of course it didn't work. After I got the key, I could open the chest yesterday, but from today on they are all bugged.
    I didn't try fully opening chests without a key any day before. Maybe that's where things bug out?
    At least it seems like I can still collect new keys from killing krait daily, so I don't bother much.

• sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭

Yep bugged for me too. Stuck at 4th round of the achievement, chests appear opened, uninterractable.

• so on third time doing the chests i have also noticed snowden drifts and timberlandfalls are open and havnt reset , the longer it takes to fix while we all wait for it to fix can you do us all a big favour , lower the amount for the breather skin , so that all these time locked days we have missed because of a bug that it will take even longer to reach the BUBBLE HEAD SKIN , can we not make the skin exotic also for a lower price , we have had mouth breathers from bitter frost for over a year now and time locking a better skin to an ascended that most who venture in to the water will allready have seems kinda mean to lock us behind days n days on 10chest dailys that are bugged PLEASE of PLEASE re think the amounts needed for the BUBBLE HEAD now as this is bugged and its sad , i like swimming in the game but i dont like bugs that block content for months PLS FIX n pirces tyty PS release EP3 season 4 allready :P

• Maegwina.5874Maegwina.5874 Member ✭✭

Add me to the list 2/10 2nd round

• Someone has already answered correctly on page 2 or 3? After i followed it I found it to be correct. Each chest has a 10 day cool down. So just make sure to do your rounds according to the map rotation you did the first round and it will all be good.

• DivaCeryn.2673DivaCeryn.2673 Member ✭✭✭

3 days now still stuck at 6/10 on 3rd round. Frostgourge, Timberline, Lonars and Mt Maelstrom still all show opened. people that were at all 4 said the same. Switched to an alt to see if that would work. All 4 showed open for it too.

• jpersson.7368jpersson.7368 Member ✭✭

+1

Started yesterday at chest 27

• Fleabite.7528Fleabite.7528 Member ✭✭

@Eragon Carnesir.2479 said:
    Someone has already answered correctly on page 2 or 3? After i followed it I found it to be correct. Each chest has a 10 day cool down. So just make sure to do your rounds according to the map rotation you did the first round and it will all be good.

That's not correct tho. I'm on the third round which is now bugged for me. For each previous round, I followed the exact order of the repeatable achievement - so each chest for me is by default 10 days apart. And they're not opening. And as above, my issue began with chest 27.

• StarsNight.8420StarsNight.8420 Member
    edited June 2, 2018

I did them all in order and the first and second time worked perfectly. Now some of the chests are bugged out and appear to be already open even though it says I haven't opened those chests yet...I really hope they do something about this soon cause they seriously just put this event in the game and now its bugged so soon and I haven't heard a word from them about this or if they plan to do anything. I filled out a bug ticket in the game as well as some of my guildies who are going through the same thing. I hope they respond and let us know they will be fixing it soon or just fix it even, that would be awesome. =)

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just got hit with this today myself. I do them in order each day, and have Timberline and Maelstrom left to do for this round. I couldn't interact with either, even after I got the key. They both appeared opened. I did not have the problem the day before, or any day leading up to this. I don't know off hand what 'round' I'm in, but can still get AP points for it.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fleabite.7528 said:

Someone has already answered correctly on page 2 or 3? After i followed it I found it to be correct. Each chest has a 10 day cool down. So just make sure to do your rounds according to the map rotation you did the first round and it will all be good.

That's not correct tho. I'm on the third round which is now bugged for me. For each previous round, I followed the exact order of the repeatable achievement - so each chest for me is by default 10 days apart. And they're not opening. And as above, my issue began with chest 27.

This is interesting! I logged back in to check, and I too have completed 27 chests. The problem started for me now that I need my 28th. I need 2 more to complete round 3.

Maybe it's DR! We need to go open some other types of chests before we come back to work on 27 more! :lol:

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Hertex.3560Hertex.3560 Member ✭✭

Also stuck at 7/10 of my 3rd round.
    Is anet even looking at this? Why did anet even fiddle around at it in the first place (cuz that's obviously the reason it broke)? Do we really need to start tagging every anet dev (no matter if they are responsible) just to get anyone to respond.

• Devildoc.6721Devildoc.6721 Member ✭✭✭

Just adding my name to the list. Wonder how many people will be affected by this and how many pages deep it'll go before anet makes any kind of response.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bugged for me too on the third set. It'd be nice if someone could acknowledge the defect.

• Kraggy.4169Kraggy.4169 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018

Oddly, although this thread was created on 27 May this bug has only just hit me today, I run this much the same time every day so daily reset would have happened before today's attempt.

More oddly, the daily 'kill 10 krait' DID reset as I was able to get another one, so it's a problem with the chest alone.

I'm currently 8/10 on my 4th set.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just to repeat what was said above: ANet support have confirmed the bug is known, and a fix is being worked on.

Also, from the other thread: ANet support have confirmed they know about the bug, and are working to fix it. No ETA at this time.

• Player.9621Player.9621 Member ✭✭✭

@CptAurellian.9537 said:
    I think you can only re-open a chest if you've started a new cycle of the master diver achievement.

I thought this too at first but then I completed a cycle and I couldnt open any more anywhere.
    Pretty sure its proper bugged now

The pointy end goes in the other man.

• Same here for me---I have done 2 ful runs and 4 from 3rd run---haven't been able to open any more as they are all open---and I've done them in the same prder so 10 day rule doesn't apply for me---please fix it soon ANET? :P

• LaHire.5934LaHire.5934 Member ✭✭

I stopped doing daylie's cuz of that, if they come back saying you should have stacked your keys while waiting for us to fix the bug, i'll be pissed off.

• All the chests are open, I can't interact with any of them. Usually the first one is open then after I change map the next one is available. I only do it once daily.

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

I haven't logged in in 3 days and yet all the chests are stuck in open positions. :/

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

I haven't logged in in 3 days and yet all the chests are stuck in open positions. :#

• curtegg.5216curtegg.5216 Member ✭✭

Okay, i'm on day two not being able to open any of the unchecked chests on my sunken treasure achieve . Reset is not happening even after 10 days!

• starhunter.6015starhunter.6015 Member ✭✭✭

Worked great yesterday. today I get a key from drop and then one from daily reset, and the remaining chests are all opened from the last time I went through them. I done the achievement twice so far only to run into the bug on my third run.

• I'm having the issue now too. Chests that should be reset and available to open are not. Very irritating.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2018

I got the same bug. I collected 10 keys to open another round of chests but only 1 out of 10 was open to loot. Was 9 days ago that I looted them last time.

So what is the point of those very rare bonus key drops if you can never use them if you do the daily? This whole sunken chest content is one pathetic joke.

• Same issue here .. I have the key and per ach next is Iron marches and not working

• Gale.4815Gale.4815 Member

Same for me... I have done the achievement twice over and now stuck on 6/10. Please when is this going to be addressed?

@Heibi.4251 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:
    Just to repeat what was said above: ANet support have confirmed the bug is known, and a fix is being worked on.

However, an ANET dev hasn't popped in to say the same thing. I think that's why folks are still posting on it. Until we, as a group, hear it from the actual devs we reserve the right to post about it. And then even after.

Sure. You can do anything you please, once you have this information. Enjoy. Won't, of course, make a lick of difference, and like most bugs, you won't actually get a developer response, but hey, you do you.

• Hellscream.9081Hellscream.9081 Member
    edited June 3, 2018

Master Diver is currently bugged, how you ask?
    the sunken chest will not reset. i have been waiting two kitten days
    Please please fix. thank you.

Lmfao they filtered my foul language.

In one of the other threads about this, someone posted their response from ANet support: the developers are aware of this bug, and are working to fix it.

In the interim, just keep on collecting the keys, and look forward to opening all the chests one day. ;)

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"

@Player.9621 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

I thought this too at first but then I completed a cycle and I couldnt open any more anywhere.
    Pretty sure its proper bugged now

It is indeed buggy. In another thread someone posted their response from ANet support, who said that the developers are aware of the issue, and are working out how to fix it at the moment.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

However, an ANET dev hasn't popped in to say the same thing. I think that's why folks are still posting on it. Until we, as a group, hear it from the actual devs we reserve the right to post about it. And then even after.

Sure. You can do anything you please, once you have this information. Enjoy. Won't, of course, make a lick of difference, and like most bugs, you won't actually get a developer response, but hey, you do you.

More posts and reports=more attention.
    Plus, a single person answer from a ticket doesn't satisfy me at all, I want a public comment, here, from a dev.

• Phatt Dude.7538Phatt Dude.7538 Member
    edited June 3, 2018

I am on my second iteration of the Master Diver Achievement. I have been 9/10 for 3 days, and on the MD achievement it shows that the Timberline Falls chest is the one i am missing. All ten of the chests listed in the Sunken Treasure Hunter achievement show completed. I have only gotten 1 drop key, so it may be that when you use drop keys, they are not registering in the MD achieve as completed. Also noteworthy (IMHO) is the fact that being so close to completion I would expect the MD achieve to show up in my summary page for achievements as being nearly completed, but it does not. It is as though one side of the game thinks I have completed the event, but the other side thinks I need one more to finish. I am in the group that sees an open chest that I cannot interact with in the location I need.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.