Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

@CptAurellian.9537 said:
    I think you can only re-open a chest if you've started a new cycle of the master diver achievement.

Wrong. I have, yet all chests are shown as opened to me.

At last, someone from ANet addressing it.

• I wonder if we stopped spending money for 4 or 5 days if that would cause someone in noddy land to wake up and look to see what the issue was?
    Reading bug reports where no progress is given to a found fault or problem is pointless, it only give us the small fry something to kitten about.
    Sunken Chest is bugged, we can't do a thing about it, apart from black list the trading post for a week or don't spend money - someone will wake up when they work out the auto payment for their Ferrari wasn't made.

It ain't hard Mr and Mrs Dev or tuther... just a small word would suffice.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mathion.8549 said:
    I think that if you have had a random key drop, and used it, that causes the bug (why, I have no clue), but I see other people interacting with each of them, and can't do it myself with or without a key (when it tells you you need a key). I have used about 8 characters to check to see if it's character-related as well, and none of them can "see" the label. So it appears to be account-based, and may have something to do with a bug brought on by a random key drop.

It's not caused by a random key drop. I have the bug, and I've never had a random key drop.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well it's Monday. Perhaps today is the day we will have some feedback :)

• I too have the same problem. I have 9/10 in hero panel and only Timberline Falls missing. Two keys now and still no joy. Checked all chests yesterday and all chests inactive. Hope this will be be resolved asap. Thank you.

• Same here, second time doing the achievment. Stuck at 4/10 none of the 6 chests are available - all of em are not "marked" but are open.

Hope it's gonna be fixed soon, until then... Key Farming 2.0 :d

• @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@mathion.8549 said:
    I think that if you have had a random key drop, and used it, that causes the bug (why, I have no clue), but I see other people interacting with each of them, and can't do it myself with or without a key (when it tells you you need a key). I have used about 8 characters to check to see if it's character-related as well, and none of them can "see" the label. So it appears to be account-based, and may have something to do with a bug brought on by a random key drop.

It's not caused by a random key drop. I have the bug, and I've never had a random key drop.

me too

• I encountered this problem a couple days ago, on my 3rd run through, doing the list in order (top to bottom). I submitted a ticket, with screenshots yesterday, when it was still an issue after 2 days.
    I usually started my dailies by sitting on a sunken chest, until I killed 10 krait, and then opening that chest for the day with my daily key. When I arrived at the chest, the words weren't there and it showed as open. I killed my krait, collected my key, and tried the chest anyhow- no luck. All the others without checkmarks on my list show as open with no markings, and no ability to open them.
    The only things I may have done differently was trying to open the chest less than 24 hours after the previous one. My krait key daily had reset, though, so I didn't think there would be any issues.

Side note, I was lucky enough to receive one extra key drop the very first day of the update (fractals drop) and another the same day the error began for me. (or the day after, not sure...I just know I have 1 more key than I should for the number of days I haven't been able to open the chests) I'm not sure it was that key, as it didn't cause problems for me the first day, and I already wasn't able to open them when I got another random extra as a drop.

• totaloverride.3240totaloverride.3240 Member ✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

i didn't open any chest few few days. i have 11 keys. today i tried all, with openening only 3 of them.
    i did check all locations, and all chests.
    chests appear as open exactly like on the picture/screenshot usploaded by mrstealth.6701

• Very interesting seeing this picture. I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same chests.

• Adding to the chorus; half of the chests haven't reset since beginning my third cycle. Opened those I could, and are simply waiting for the rest (checked them regularly so far) while gathering keys, should it either be a bug or some elaborate achiev mechanics at play.

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭

Do we have an ETA on this fix at all, I cannot interact with any of the chests in locations

Iron Marches
    Snowden Drifts
    Frostgorge Sound
    Lornar's Pass
    Timberland Falls
    Mount Maelstrom

The other 4 I managed to get, althought Bloodtide cost one took me 3 days before I was able to interact with it, I completed the chests 2 twice now, this is the 3rd time around, or it would be if I could open them, its been several days now and I still cannot interact with the above locations.

Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

• Also stuck on my second time doing the achievement at 4/10. I get keys but the chests are all open and unusable. I can see other players killing Krait and looting the 'empty' chest, (I can hear the opening creak sound for them) but they're still just glorified scenery to me.

• Are three days I can't open the last four chests to complete the achievement for the third time.
    Actually the areas I nedd are: Snowden Drifts, Lornar's Pass, Timberline Falls and Mount Maelstrom.
    I usually open sunken chests with one character, one each day.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

After weekly reset my chests are still bugged. Thank you for the positive experience :)

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    Sunken Chest in conclusion after all my testing is not a bug it is a complex achievement yes.

I'm happy to announce your "testing" provided wrong results :)

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

Someone has posted their response from ANet support elsewhere: this is a known bug, and the developers are working on it.

• I have 4 keys and I cant open any of the chests.ANET please fix this mess.

• Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    Sunken Chest in conclusion after all my testing is not a bug it is a complex achievement yes. Here's the thing it's one key a day only you can accumulate them and open more than one chest as long as those chests are not marked on the list. Once a chest is open it will remain so even after 5pm reset, chests only close once the full 10 markers list is complete.
    This is where people go wrong they don't check with the marker list they assume the 5PM PST will reset everything. It is the marker list that resets it all not the server time. B)

I hope you are joking, because you can not possibly have read the bug descriptions in this thread and come to the conclusion that this thing that everybody knew already was the problem. :lol:

Actually, I have another interesting factoid for the heap: a friend of mine who does not do the keys all that regularly went to a sunken chest which at first appeared to be functional (lid closed, item name displayed). She and another player killed a few spawning krait to earn the daily key. The other player was done first, opened the chest and... then it bugged out for my friend. The lid stayed open and the name was no longer displayed, and when she got her key she could not use it.

• Amethyst Lure.5624Amethyst Lure.5624 Member ✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018

2nd run and stuck. :/ Mt. Maelstrom, Snowden drift chests bugged.

• Dano.5623Dano.5623 Member

Why is this not listed on the known issue tracker?

• Gq Fresh.1764Gq Fresh.1764 Member ✭✭

I had just completed my 2nd time through the achievement when they stopped working. I now have 10 more keys collected, same issue. I'm not inclined to visit every map to see if 1 or 2 work when they're all supposed to. Reported this days ago. Come on, Anet! This is slack that's hard to tolerate!

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

@Gq Fresh.1764 said:
    I had just completed my 2nd time through the achievement when they stopped working. I now have 10 more keys collected, same issue. I'm not inclined to visit every map to see if 1 or 2 work when they're all supposed to. Reported this days ago. Come on, Anet! This is slack that's hard to tolerate!

Just wait until the next patch when they say they've fixed it. Just continue to collect keys.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• MashMash.1645MashMash.1645 Member ✭✭✭

I've completed the cycle twice now (10ap) and all my chests are now bugged. I have 10 keys, and will collect more each day until I have enough for the 50ap, but can't seem to progress.

The weekly reset day doesn't seem to have fixed it. It' now been over a week.

I've always wondered what it would be like to go to the mists. It'll be an adventure... - Magister Sieran

ANet support, as quoted by other players, and directly in a reddit thread, have said they are aware of this. It is a bug, and the developers are working on fixing it.

• Hello all.
    I have this very same bug too, and it's annoying. I'm stuck at 6/10 of my third run of the achievement.
    I've been thinking ... it is weird that this bug manifests more or less at the same point to everyone (somewhere around the middle of the third run). I thought about what do players with this bug could have in common, and the only thing I could think of is that we may have looted a similar amount of Swim-Speed Infusions +10. So I checked my amount, and it's 99 ... which is a suspicious number, if you ask me.
    It may be just a coincidence,. But this bug (and the idea it may be that) annoys me out of my mind. So, can I ask you, my fellow bug-affected players, what is your amount? You should subtract the amount of Swim-Speed Infusions you bought at the trading post, if you happened to have bought some: I already verified in game that those don't count.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with Treasure Hunter or exclusively with Sunken Treasure Hunter.

It is only "Sunken Treasure Hunter"

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

3rd run and all is well and proceeding as planned.
    Sold some more swim infusion today. =)

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

Third run bugged for me. First two went swimingly :) Thanks, Gaile, for the info I will look forward to the fix.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

The bug finally hit me tonight. I'm on round 3. My habit has been to work up from the bottom of the Master Diver list. I successfully, one a day, got Mount M, Timberline, Lornar's, and Frostgorge. Then tonight I happened to get a key drop (from Augury Rock, I think) and headed to get my 10 krait to get a second key. Note, this is the first time I've had a key drop other than from the krait daily. I may have had key stacks at the very beginning of the Event, thanks to the npc, but I'm not 100% sure this isn't my first time with a key stack.

I went to Snowden and then Iron Marches, the chests in both were in the dull open state, no yellow name, no interaction. Then just to see, I split the keys, putting one in shared inventory and leaving one in my bags. Voila, the Kessex chest was available and used the key from my bags. I went to Bloodtide -- broken. Harathi -- broken. I moved the key to my bags and went to Gendarran, but that was also broken.

So tldr it could have to do with having more than one key at a time?

edit: just to check, I took an alt to Snowden to spot check, moving the key from shared to her bags. No good, chest was still broken.

• I'm also having this problem. I've completed Master Diver twice and I go down the list, 1 key per day. I got stuck on the third round, 6 out of 10 done. All the chests appear open now, even ones I haven't opened according to my checklist. I collected 1 key and checked the sunken chests each day since but no luck. Now have 4 keys. But before that, I'd only have 1 key in my inventory at a time so I don't think that's what broke it.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blude.6812 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:
    Just to repeat what was said above: ANet support have confirmed the bug is known, and a fix is being worked on.

However, an ANET dev hasn't popped in to say the same thing. I think that's why folks are still posting on it. Until we, as a group, hear it from the actual devs we reserve the right to post about it. And then even after.

Sure. You can do anything you please, once you have this information. Enjoy. Won't, of course, make a lick of difference, and like most bugs, you won't actually get a developer response, but hey, you do you.

They do have a liaison/communication team lead who could have responded and it may have helped with this specific concern of no communication. Don't need an actual dev to chime in, just some communication.

Do? Did. It's one of those things that never sticks.

• Sir Vincent III.1286Sir Vincent III.1286 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just FYI: I got 7/10 - Snowden, Timberline, and Mt. Maelstrom are all open chests when they are supposed to be closed and locked.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
    http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

• aandiarie.7195aandiarie.7195 Member ✭✭✭

Sometimes I had to push "f" twice to open a chest and be close to it. Also maybe try a different character with the keys.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that you also can't click on the individual collection marks to show you the location anymore?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wait a minute when did it come out there maybe a bug with the regular treasure hunter collection?
    Been working on that forever and thought it was just bad rng.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with Treasure Hunter or exclusively with Sunken Treasure Hunter.

Two completely different things with no related mechanics whatsoever. ;)

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Aerinndis.2730 said:
    Third run bugged for me. First two went swimingly :) Thanks, Gaile, for the info I will look forward to the fix.

Exact same thing happened to me. Got 2 chests and rest open. I'm on my 3rd round too.

• Leaa.2943Leaa.2943 Member ✭✭

I can kill the Kraits and i get the key, but i can not open 3 of the chests even though it is like 10 days now since i open those 3.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

The issue with Treasure Hunter is a different one. When magic find was removed from gear, many drops that had magic find was changed or replaced. Possibly as a side-effect of this, now bosses that drop trinkets part of Treasure Hunter often drop bugged versions of those trinkets that are fine level 80 trinkets with a single Condition damage stat and an amber pebble upgrade on it, instead the level 80 exotic trinket.

So players will often get something like this:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sam_(fine)

Instead the appropriate version:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sam

Getting the bugged fine feels worse than not getting anything at all, since there's no way to 'upgrade' the fine version to exotic, and the fine version doesn't even have proper level 80 stats, so it can't even be used to equip it Those bugged versions should just be removed..

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well I would certainly be discouraged to discover that is what they were working on lol . . .

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

The issue with Treasure Hunter is a different one. When magic find was removed from gear, many drops that had magic find was changed or replaced. Possibly as a side-effect of this, now bosses that drop trinkets part of Treasure Hunter often drop bugged versions of those trinkets that are fine level 80 trinkets with a single Condition damage stat and an amber pebble upgrade on it, instead the level 80 exotic trinket.

Getting the bugged fine feels worse than not getting anything at all, since there's no way to 'upgrade' the fine version to exotic, and the fine version doesn't even have proper level 80 stats, so it can't even be used to equip it Those bugged versions should just be removed..

That isn't a "bugged" version, that is a perfectly legitimate version that also drops from the same boss. You are experiencing that an item is rare, not broken.

• edited June 5, 2018

@Aerinndis.2730 said:

I see what you did there. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Two completely different things with no related mechanics whatsoever. ;)

Yes they are completely different, but the internal message I received left me with some small question in my mind, so I'd rather clarify and be 100% accurate than guess and maybe put up incomplete info. :)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

That isn't a "bugged" version, that is a perfectly legitimate version that also drops from the same boss. You are experiencing that an item is rare, not broken.

That is good to know, thank you.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Just wanted to let everybody know that the update today did NOT fix this bug. I am waiting on all 4 of my accounts for a fix.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Also lower the reset time for chests along the fix or give us a way to use all our stacked keys because if we have 10+ of them and we continue doing the dailies, we will never run out of keys.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Also lower the reset time for chests along the fix or give us a way to use all our stacked keys because if we have 10+ of them and we continue doing the dailies, we will never run out of keys.

For sure, seems like very bad design from the start. Doesn't make sense to gate both ends of this, RNG/Time gating the keys and then also time gating the chests on the back end. How did all of this get a thumbs up on the "fun"?

• chatiss.3281chatiss.3281 Member ✭✭

@Archranis.2375 said:

@Bravesole.2684 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

For sure, seems like very bad design from the start. Doesn't make sense to gate both ends of this, RNG/Time gating the keys and then also time gating the chests on the back end. How did all of this get a thumbs up on the "fun"?

I think maybe the Senior Vice President of Grind overruled the low-level Manager of Fun. ;-)

I would like to torpedo the entire chest idea. The payoffs .. .the worst ... the drops, the same, Archranis has it right, a pure and simple GRIND with no rainbow and no pot of gold at the end.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.