"Remember Password" doesn't/hasn't work in forever.

Does anyone else's "Remember Password" feature not work on the GW2 Client?

This is a very minor detail. Nothing in the game. But for the longest time now, even through re-installs of the game, when I start up GW2 and the client pops up, allowing me to put in my account name and account password, log-in, then start the game; the "Remember Password" box is ticked off but it never remembers my password. My account name is saved/remembered and it always shows up but, I've always got to type in my password despite the "Remember Password" box being checked off.

Again, very minor issue, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it?For the life of me I can't figure it out.

@"LeewardGrand.9751" said:Does anyone else's "Remember Password" feature not work on the GW2 Client?

This is a very minor detail. Nothing in the game. But for the longest time now, even through re-installs of the game, when I start up GW2 and the client pops up, allowing me to put in my account name and account password, log-in, then start the game; the "Remember Password" box is ticked off but it never remembers my password. My account name is saved/remembered and it always shows up but, I've always got to type in my password despite the "Remember Password" box being checked off.

Again, very minor issue, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it?For the life of me I can't figure it out.

Are you playing with multiple accounts?It will remember the last password used, even if you use something like the no-login argument for a second account.It happens to me a lot, i have a second account that i login frequently, and even though i use the "-nopatchui" argument with email and password, when i login to my main account (that logs in normally) i still need to change the password.

It shouldn't be blank though, it should show as ** (6 stars) in a lighter gray.

• 1 year later...

@"JesusTheHun.6219" said:I have the same issue. I put my password, select "remember password". It doesn't remember my password. My login is save though.Where is this local.dat ? I C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2 I only see a Gw2.dat

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Local.dathttps://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015939168-Error-Code-21

Good luck.

• 6 months later...